Close
One second...

Household Romance

• by antosh
  • posted May 28, 2007
  • 41 Comments

Here's something to wear around the house, but don't let your fridge see it. Feel the love!

(Could also work well on red)

Watch this
antosh
antosh profile pic Alumni

Here's something to wear around the house, but don't let your fridge see it. Feel the love!
(Could also work well on red)

beesneak
beesneak profile pic Alumni

love it, the smoke from the oven's heart is pretty great.

mj00
mj00 profile pic Alumni

I love your halftones (this is a perfect example of halftones being used to enhance a concept).

ineo2

haha
Food (appliances) with FACES!
like refridgerator running....
let it begin
v_v

DejaTee

I might like to see it bigger than just top-corner. But nice stylization and creative concept.

antosh
antosh profile pic Alumni

Thanks Deja, and yea it can be bigger and centered or maybe moved to the bottom right, any one of the three typical placements will work. I chose this placement because it was close to the heart but that doesn't mean that this is the only way it has to be. There wasn't enough space on the page to show the other placement options.
:)

kaijim

this would be great centered and with the text.

sp1tz

NIce style mate, and the halftones works really well there.
Sure it's getting hot in there haha.

helo

would like to see the fridge's face appear delirious in love
so the melting heart would reflect his intense feelings
for the oven. right now the fridge appears worried

heyheyitsme

your color choice of the turquoise gives it a real 50's look, I like it!

travioli

Wow, this is very good. $5

bluepeacechick

man, keep the text! I love it!

Kojima
Kojima profile pic Alumni

sweet retro feel

pointyfacedsideshowfreak

I love the style...but I don't really want to wear a fridge and stove on my shirt.

shirtflirt

wow, faces on inanimate objects...unique

Method360

Cool idea. Love can be hard. Great retro style you've got going but also I'd be inclined to centre the print.

incog.

I love it, the colours and concept are awesome. Again i would say centre it...would definitely wear!

DrVSP

lately I've been thinking "lose the text!" on a lot of subs, but here I think "put the text in!" is the way to go. It adds to the fifties illustration style and parodies the perfect fifties housewife that way.

dorami

Fantastic retro look, and i like it off center too. Colors are great.

aleyc19

awww
$5

Cantatus

I'm having flashbacks to "A Brave Little Toaster," but that's not a bad thing. The style is great!

aurorah

$5 cutee

suzbot

Sweet concept. I think the blue heart needs to be toned down a little bit though, it is too high contrast for what is going on there.

ya_rly

Haha. This is cute. It would look nice if it was bigger, and if you wanted it in the corner i'd prefer it on the bottom. But just my opinion. Funny concept :] 5

ya_rly

{The only reason i wouldnt buy it is because i have too many cute shirts :P} If it gets printed i will definately consider though! :]

autumn_firefly

but big and in the center. small and on the side would only be, like, $3

WanderingBert
WanderingBert profile pic Alumni

Cool illustration. Would've been good for the new Loves contest. I also think bigger and centered would suit the design more.

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

Great work as usual.

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

great colors and retro style.

Naive Amoeba

I'd prefer it bigger, too. Still, $5. :)

ash4182

like it with the text-

skullcat

I can't have enough cute shirts. Excellent style, great colours! Centre placement though please! $5

TheCrowe

centered please 5$

lunchboxbrain
lunchboxbrain profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

incredible style. 5

therecouldbenothingafterThis

here comes the appliances with faces fad. haha. but i like it. : ) im a sucker for haltones.. great use of them too.. $5

Rainbowafterflood

I actually like it WITH the text better... Is that weird?

orwell

i love the retro feel of this!

No account?