Saturday Morning Optimist

• by jrmasm
  • posted May 22, 2007
  • 108 Comments

As a kid, every Saturday I would get up, have a huge bowl of cereal (Sugar Smacks, usually) and hope that this was the morning that the Raod Runner finally got his due...unfortunetly I'm still waiting, but no less optimistic.

As always, thanks for taking the time to look, vote and if so inclinded leave comments.

Detailed view can be found here:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n49/jrmasm/saturdaymorning.jpg

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
jmcdonoughii

I really like this shirt. It Just needs a few touch ups that have already been mentioned and then I hope it gets printed.

Jai Star

I hope they print this! It's genius! Ahh, the good old days. $5

Kizule

Print, please! I'm gonna buy it!

And, I bet it'll sell out quickly and have people begging to have it reprinted.

It better get printed in the first place, though.

hogboy
hogboy profile pic Alumni

When I was at college one of the teams did an animation in 3d Max (rendered in cartoon reyes) of a scene where the Coyote finally catches Road Runner, funny as hell.... This isnt something I'd buy personally but it is a great idea, I love the organic execution & it looks like something that would get printed & sell well on threadless.

KHowe101

Ok, not a huge fan of the colour, but I don't know what alternative you would use. Love the style and how it differs from much of what threadless prints.

tabaco

sweet!!! would wear! $5 :)

Scoobydooto

The bird's head confused me a bit (couldn't tell which direction it was looking). Other than that... AMAYYYYZING!

unspeakable

not sure if i totally dig the color scheme or bird's confusing head (its crest looks kinda like its beak)... but besides that, holy cow, this is fantastic.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Really clever design, althoug i wish there was the smallest word bubble "Meep." coming out of the realistic road runner's mouth, but i'd know that would ruin what you are going for. Still, very nice job on the realism and fun of the colors and concept.

onli4

I LOVE THIS! :D

I always love this kind of cartoon/comic idea. Like the one of Batman with real animals before...

madruga

OH MY! FANTASTIC! $5!

The only problem IMO is the bird head... it took me a while to figure were it was facing.

Degazio

Very good animal anatomy, did you copy from pictures? Either way awesome idea. I'd buy it.

jrmasm
jrmasm profile pic Alumni

wow. thanks for all the comments.
Degazio-Yes-I use photo references, not copy them mind you, but I admit I can't draw a realistic road runner from memory.

Syrasha

Ha! Awesome idea! I love the realistic look, so neat! I love the rollerskates, too. I echo the above regarding the bird's head, the coyote's ear, and I'd like to add something about the coyote looking a little bored, he seems to have such an impassive look on his face, as if he doesn't even know what's going on. At least a sparkle in his eye would be great. Also the pile of birdseeds looks like a rock or maybe sand. But honestly, this could win just the way it is. =)

nadira

perfect! and the colors as well are great, def 5$.

asfi235

This rocks! $5

mikocat

omg awesome $5

artbrains

$5555555555555555555555555555555

nice.

ekaj47

very cool - i would only say lessen the sky, distress it more or something, so its not a thick patch of ink

amazing stuff, your designs are fun and well thought out

onli4

I think the bird's head is a bit confusing at first, maybe because the "crown" (or is it called "crest" ?) looks somehow like the beak.

But then, if you know that cartoon you'll remember that innocent look of the bird. :)

I really love this!

jrmasm
jrmasm profile pic Alumni

blandford-
The first version, had that sign, but for some reason, it didn't make the final.

jillustration
jillustration profile pic Alumni

someone said earlier that they think of stuff right before they go to sleep and write it down - I do that too! completely off subject. But yes this is pretty sweet and i give it $5.

joshamman

oh hell yes. love it!

jaz999

hug and love for being original $5

rhythmdev9

awesome work its wonder you have not been printed yet this should do it $5

Noobits

I love the fact that the coyote has roller skates on! funny stuff. well done.

OnePercentDanish

nice work... i love how the sky is 'painted' on

mephitine

Wonderful. I love it. And doggonit, I wish he'd finally catch that stupid roadrunner. Coyotes gotta eat too.

nellodoyle

Threadless makes me spendy. As do coyotes as the rocketeer! Your treatment of the sky and smoke make this the winningest!

onli4

It is called "Little Bird Bee-bee" overhere in Chinese. That "bee-bee" refers to it's sound.
I watched it like on every Saturday when I was a kid. Sweet! :D

mutedXwhispers

ah, I finally see the way the head of the bird is facing. I couldn't see the beak separate from the face?

cyaleah30

love this except for the coyotes ears and the birds face...besides that, it rocks!

MeLa de Gypsie

really really good illustraition.. I love the style and the details..

Tsunami Sunset

love that cartoon, great real life look

omnicat

beauty. clever. go win now.

grassy_gnome

$5, i love when things are printed on yellow.

kiLLyou

P
R
I
N
T

rhythmdev9

if we don't see this next week i will be very surprised...

rhythmdev9

still very surprised

artdrops
artdrops profile pic Alumni

I'm very surprised too! print please!

SheepMan22

this deserves a print

helo

resub this with the roadrunner's head in more of a profile position and without the small sand clouds at the base of its feet

it was hard for me to see that the roadrunner was looking
straight at me and the sand clouds look more solid than
wispy

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us