Close
One second...

Anatomy of a Pogo Stick

HeyI thought it was pretty cool, but do You?

Watch this
maverickthemav

HeyI thought it was pretty cool, but do You?

Cold Collards

The innerworking of a pogo stick just blew my mind.

Sheth619

Love the idea, i'd buy it for sure. Good concept and good execution, maybe a few less number labels however would be nice

sjgrovo

for some reason I love this - 5

spazmjr

idc how a pogo stick works...i just know that i'll get hurt

Alchemical

You took the time to do all that?

Pretty nice, actually.

sagral

i'm doing a design of the pogo balls .. remember tose things?

Rambunkcious

pogo sticks are dangerous

maverickthemav

Who Doesn't remeber the pogo balls hours and hours of childhood fun :)

brouillard

I like this a lot, but I'd like it better if it were black on white or cream.

longleggedfly

but then it wouldn't look like a blueprint

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

I think this idea is pretty funny, what with all the blow-out tees with guitars and boomboxes and such...i would just love less detail on specific parts of the pogo stick and more of a 3-d separation look to it all....but great idea and parody, if you intended the parody or not.

ZombieFood

I just don't see the point of doing a pogo stick.

I thought McKenna's "Blueprint" was a more interesting execution of the blueprint concept...

scenesterdrew

I think its excellent; the complicated mechanics of a child's toy. The lines are so crisp that I think you could fiddle with the color and not lose the feel. I'd buy and wear it.

scenesterdrew

I think its excellent; the complicated mechanics of a child's toy. The lines are so crisp that I think you could fiddle with the color and not lose the feel. I'd buy and wear it.

fatmidgetracer

no thaats all wrong!! hell i dunno lol this is great

asfi235

Alchemical: I'd bet that almost all of the work was finding the patent on the US Patent website.

A slight rearrangement of the image elements, with the downloaded TIFF image in hand: almost no time at all.

There's nothing on the USPTO website which says that patent documents cannot be reproduced.....but passing it off as original artwork is just sleazy.

As much as I like the design, I have to score it '0' for plagiarism. Sorry.

maverickthemav

I didn't even know i could do any of that but at least it's leagal :) it's third or fourth image on google image search and i traced the whole thing so yeah maybe plagarism but i didnt just copy and paste

maverickthemav

haha that would of made it easier if i had of had a hi res version like that the one i was working off sucked

alexish

the patent for the pogo stick! Brilliant! i never once thought "what would i put on a tshirt? Oh, yea! a patent for a childs toy from the late 50's!" but it works! and its brilliant social commentry!

dan24

nice

drmtama2

dude... sorry man.. its got to be done...

jennings

Awesome job maverickthemav I'd buy it & wear it C'mo show ya support its an awes tee!! VOTE 4 it!!

jennings

Awesome job maverickthemav I'd buy it & wear it C'mo show ya support its an awes tee!! VOTE 4 it!!

GyRo567

I actually saw that patent on the History Channel last night. I have the whole five minute Vurtego section recorded on VHS tape. I'm something of a stunt jumper myself.

superdooperparatrooper

awww sad. :(

It's got to be different to be printed...sorry...a little too "Tagged"-like for me. At first it was brilliant, but, sadly, it's too close to the original print. :( Keep workin' on it, and don't copy anymore!

knight of the garter

er, doesn't it kind of have to be a direct copy if it's the patented design?

I want this

maverickthemav

And yes ladies and gentlemen i do realise it's a direct copy i know you dont really appreciate that kinda thing on this site but i intentionly did thatcos iwanted it to look just like the orginal patent i thought it'd be cool to have the orginal patent for the pogo stick on a t-shirt but copying i shall do no more

v_rockchic

yes plagarism is not cool! but i have to give maverick credit for keeping all details regarding the inventor and attorneys. its not like he's saying the actual blueprint of the pogo stick is his design. he clearly acknowledges who it was produced by and when, and admits it is just a copy from formal documents. he just so happens to think it looks cool on a shirt, and wants to make it happen. haven't you ever seen some random image that has no relevance whatsoever to anything, and yet thought "man that would look really cool on a tee"? cut him some clack.

mav: love the concept. make the design smaller and i'd wear it. good luck with it.

Degazio

Cool man, and I agree that it's okay to put this copy on a shirt since it does say on the product who the credit should go to.

horror

OMG this rocks i so hope this gets printed!

No account?