Close
One second...

escape the 9 to 5

• by leaded
  • posted May 15, 2007
  • 25 Comments

i know the feeling so well these days except it's actually escape the 7 to 6. i want to stop dedicateing my life to labour and start living with the living.

(i would have the 'escape the 9 to 5' logo smallish between the shoulder blades if possible but i guess that's not necessary)

Watch this
leaded

i know the feeling so well these days except it's actually escape the 7 to 6. i want to stop dedicateing my life to labour and start living with the living.

(i would have the 'escape the 9 to 5' logo smallish between the shoulder blades if possible but i guess that's not necessary)

Captain Global

You can debate where to put it, but the text needs to be on the shirt for it to make any sense

Cette Fille

I like it with the text as an escape the cubicle mentality, and as an ode to Houdini without the text.

Either way, $5!

sandaal

i sorta like it without the text, keep people guessing. i could tell it was houdini, but even if someone can't its still cool to have a guy hanging upside down from your neck...he's like a necklace! i'll give it a 4 :)

mliatai

hot shit... text or no text..hope you get out of the 627!

TheW

ok nice shit

I-Talk-To-Strangers

I would wear it without the text...

Also, t-shirts don't NEED to make sense, silly Captain Global...to me, t-shirts that make no sense are the best!

With that said....I give ya a 4.

no not really

Maybe move it to one side so it donest look so much like a necklace. And I like the idea of the text on the back. 5$

birthdays&bullets

this looks an awful lot like My Chemical Romance's hanging man design..... hmmmmm....... google My Chemical Romance hanging man, or yahoo it, or whatever you prefer, and you decide for yourself. but my little brother has a shirt with this on it, and its suspiciously very very similar....

aswingkido

i like the logo only

LTimmons1

i like the escape the 9to5 much better than the guy hanging...

leaded

thanks for the support everyone. i actually made this drawing many years ago and kept it for some reason. i guess this was the reason. i do tend to see the figure as a stand in/representation of a neck tie though and not a piece of jewlery in particular. whatever floats your boat.

to address mr b&b- obviously they used the very same reference as i did but i assure you i'd never seen that before. i prefer my romance to be of the biological order.

zac_layman

i really like this, whether it is a tribute to houdini, or a comment about working. the necklace comment made me think of ludacris: "feels like a midget's hanging from my necklace"
i'd wear it.

Willish

I agree that it is almost exactly like the My Chemical Romance 'I brought you my bullets' album cover.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ibroughtyoumybullets.jpg
Which of course was most likely inspired by Houdini.
I suppose my point is, as detailed as the sketch is, its not original enough in my opinion, no effective on a t-shirt.

njpolak87

no need for the text if it is only the graphic then $5 otherwise not so sure

tobasco

The sketchyness of it is awesome, fuck my chemical romance.

I think this would look good down one side of the shirt, not right in the middle.

tobasco

Just read your necktie comment. Central placement now works a lot better for me.

hunkydo0ky

gaw I love it.

Lauralie

i like! 5

jsb

it would be cool if the words were on the back somewhere. and i like the placement that makes it look like a necktie.

matchxcore

i love it the way it is.

jayafox_lotrfan

NICE ! but i agree with Captain Global the text is kinda needed.

without text 4

with text 5$$$$$$$

joolya
joolya profile pic Alumni

Best ever. I was too late to vote. I feel so guilty, I'm giving you my street team points on my current purchase.

(btw, gay pride shirt was printed - did you see that?)

No account?