Watch this
Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse profile pic Alumni

Same message, different design.

Kallass

What a naughty baby.

erin_everlasting

i love it... subtle
but my friend thought it was pro-clubbing. id want to be sure that people knew i was definately against it.

Flying Mouse

"A baby clubbing the baby seal costume which he wearing."

Do you think people will STOP IT when they see this scene in front of them?

Hopefully they will.

Flying Mouse

Do you think people will STOP HIM when they see this scene happen in front of them?

Sorry for the wrong grammar.

Monkey III
Monkey III profile pic Alumni

I like this one better -- would buy it for my girl.

Trav_b

i would laugh if i saw a kid doing that.... but i do see how the context is disturbing in a productive way, 4

Wonderkitten

Good executive. Let the kid wear it and hopefully the adult will get the message.

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

I like this one because its kinda wrong.

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

(but in an amusing way unlike your other one which was conceptually pretty awful for t-shirts)

thatchick

this is adorable and sad and wrong and everything all at once...

making it MENSA-LIKE in brilliance

Flying Mouse

Canadianbeaver, that is what you get in your mind. Is not mine. If you want to know more about this design, please read my comment above. Thanks.

Alexandra Marie

Great way to take criticism with class.

Bisparulz
Bisparulz profile pic Alumni

heh 5$

Space579

they're still clubbing seal? whatfor? baby seals are the cutest!

jpiatt
jpiatt profile pic Alumni

hahaha I love this and would wear it, but I don't know if I would be wearing it for the reasons you would be intending. I would just be wearing it cause it's funny to me. But, I have sick humor.

wotto
wotto profile pic Alumni

yeah seal baby

beccap123

aw that is so cute, id wear it!

DrVSP

I agree with CB. I don't think the image projects what the artist wants it to project.

Flying mouse, you obviously feel very strongly about this topic and I applaud you for that. For this purpose, try to see the final submission the way we do: for the first time and without such a strong feeling about this particular issue.

Your drawings are very good, well polished and have an opinion. You don't see that on many threadless subs.

roboroller

this would be great, if there wasn't allready a similar t-shirt on t shirt hell allready. Well, it's a similar concept, the design is totally different. cute drawing though.

icebar

uhhh seems like a parody of your other one!
do the same thing but make it have no message.

helo

I had to do this to a baby seal that swallowed me during this
past Mother's Day - everything turned out fine

yeohgh
yeohgh profile pic Alumni

cute and kids will love it!! welldone! 5

Smitty McGillicutty

I think it is a cute idea, but the message you are trying to convey "that clubbing baby seals is bad" is not clear. It looks like some weird baby, dressed as a seal, hitting himself with a baseball bat, which if you have ever been around infants they hurt themselves all the time unintentionally. The only hint that there is some hidden message to this is the fact that the seal costume is crying. I admire your dedication to this subject and hope you find the right design to best convey your message, but I don't think changing this one will ever achieve your goal. Good luck in the future

ataventure

Clubbing baby seals is also illegal. If you're looking for a message, perhaps you should try one that is up to date?

Cold Collards

I get the feeling you were a baby seal in a past life. Cool design.

zennloverr

i hate clubbing seals and i love this shirt!

murgles

If seal clubbing looked like that, I would be all for it. $5

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Very interesting comment section so far, and i must say about this design...that i REALLY dig the presentation style for this one! It looks like we're spying on the Threadless crew from some grainy security guard camera. I feel like Trent Reznor's gonna burst through the picture at any moment. I like the design, but like many people said on here FM, I like it because it seems goofy and naughty without going all-the-way to overly offensive. MAybe your point will come across more clearly if you make a puddle of tears on the ground from where the clubbed seal has been crying. Still, a 3 for you since the design is quite eye-catching and interesting.

roboroller on May 15 '07
this would be great, if there wasn't allready a similar t-shirt on t shirt hell allready.

If you are reffering to the one that says "Dont club baby seals" and has a picture of a seal out in a nightclub with other women dancing around it, that is ridiculous to say these designs are even remotely going for the same thing. There's a billion different tees for "save the earth" as concept, but you can attack that design from a million different ways.

Jemae
Jemae profile pic Alumni

You are genius, man! You tackle this with the smart way! I like this, 5$! =)

impulsee

so cute

Flying Mouse

Thanks for all comments :)

kiLLyou

PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!! PRINT Flying Mouse !!!

rainblood

love the design but the message is still a bit confusing
"clubbing seals is bad!!"
anyways, very cute!! ^^

No account?
Join Us