Watch this
CorinneRae

Why does the heart have teeth?

Ped101

Needs text for people to understand...

Ped101

Needs text for people to understand...

sjgrovo

regardless to the fact that people probably won't really get it without seeing the title, I think it's a really cool design and a unique whay to use the heart.

Bisparulz
Bisparulz profile pic Alumni

perfect 5$

skafiend007

man, this might be a little hard to suss out walking down the street. maybe get rid of the human face aspect of the heart and have the mouse/beaver/bear guy breaking the heart from the outside?

DiveBarHottie

But then he wouldn't be "in" if he were breaking it from the "out"side... right? right?

Captain Global

It needs text and lose the mouth look.

gypsy7

....it just looks creepy-pshychotic...

steviec

Yep, the heart mouth just stretches the boundaries.
Maybe a tooth-free trapdoor or something instead...?

dnangel111

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeepy much?

Pandja

The tongue could use some detailing- like a little stippling, to match it to the rest of the heart. I also agee that it wouldn't make much sense without the title...

Ricedog

GAH!! 550 votes already?!... Man... I thought I was so on top of this, being my first design, waiting for approval was teasing me... I refreshed my design so many times... :(
Also, can you guys see a description? maybe it's because it's my design but I can't...

@CorinneRae
Hearts have teeth so they can smile at max power! Sadly this heart isn't using them to that effect... cos of the whole, er, hurting...

@Ped101
sjgrovo is totally right. In all actuality the design came first and was later romanticised with the title.

@Bisparulz
Thanks!

@skafiend007
The design wasn't meant to have any deep reason. The objective to the design for me is to be one people'd like to wear. Sussing out? lol, I usually don't get enough time to suss out a cool tshirt on the streets in fear of them thinking I'm oogling. I think it has something to do with my staring expression and the location of many designs relative to the female anatomy.

@DiveBarHottie
...right...?

@gypsy7
My inspiration. The fake tv program Sick Sad World from Daria had some influences...even if it didn't show anything other than the title screen. And maybe the giant teddy with milk pouring from it's eyes in Akira might have something to do with it.

@steviec
I was considering a door but it was too obstructive and the teeth adds stylistic charm

@Pandja
I agree with the lack of detail in the tongue but I tried doing it and eventually it was too tedious and looked too detailed compared to the rest of the design and it clashed with it's simplicity.

I hope this answered a lotta of your impressions. I realise there's a lot of doubt because it's difficult to reason out the design but vote for it because it's a tshirt you wanna wear. Some shirts you wanna wear because it's witty, others because it makes a statement, maybe you'd wear this one cos it's a pretty red shirt and we all know we have a lack of good looking red tshirts. Or maybe it's just me but I have none and dammit I want this one!!

Freestate99

I think the design is awesome! Whats werid about the mouth? I think it looks cool.

pony23

i am not so keen on heart shirts, but id buy a shirt that just had that freaky litle guy with his hammer-thing.

skafiend007

But then he wouldn't be "in" if he were breaking it from the "out"side... right? right?

Um, not really. The word "in" is not actually on the shirt anywhere (just in the title here), so it doesn't matter if the person let them "in" their heart. I thought the main part was that someone was breaking it, so it doesn't matter if the "person" is in or simply breaking it.

@skafiend007
The design wasn't meant to have any deep reason. The objective to the design for me is to be one people'd like to wear. Sussing out? lol, I usually don't get enough time to suss out a cool tshirt on the streets in fear of them thinking I'm oogling. I think it has something to do with my staring expression and the location of many designs relative to the female anatomy.

Ok, maybe it wasn't meant to have any "deep meaning", but you did give it the title "I let you in and you broke it, and you did draw a heart that is open with something in it with a hammer about to break it, so it's obviously meant to have SOME meaning. And when i said "suss it out", I didn't mean people would have trouble figuring out the meaning, I mean people might have trouble flat out knowing what it was. Because of your style, it doesn't readily say "heart" if you're walking by it on the street (other than the heart shaped curve at the top). I assume you DO want people to know it's a heartor you wouldn't have drawn it. That's the only reason I said close it up, lose the teeth, etc. Or maybe it's just me...

But hey, I'm just giving my l'il opinion/vote, which is why you posted it here I assume. Still, it's a good, unique design.

No account?
Join Us