• by jakes90
  • posted May 01, 2007
  • 30 Comments

critique thanks.

Watch this
jakes90

critique thanks.

professorE

There are soooo many things that could go wrong here. That's just not safe firearms handling...

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Ball condom FTW!

Kno

Hm. Don't really know what to say. I like taboos to be broken - but this thing directly leads to thoughts about war and raping ...

skafiend007

I ... don't ... know.... I just don't know....

Oh, and her shadow needs to be worked on. It's a little big in front of her foot and needs to be twisted a little or something. It's a little too "up", if that makes any sense.

iDanSimpson

but this thing directly leads to thoughts about war and raping ...

it does?! yikes.

skafiend007

Is a dildo standard issue equpiment?....

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

WAIT! That's not a pink condowm stretched over the gun! That's a dildo bullet! Only what EVERY girl wants.

jakes90

arhhh it is not ment as raping . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she is chearing and thats the irony of war because young soldiers think that they are looked upon as sexsymbols.

skafiend007

Sorry, we didn't get your clever-yet-subtle psychological imagery...

we didn't know she was doing the universal symbol for cheering. Looks a lot like surrender as well.... maybe put some pom poms in her hands?

and the whole "young soldiers think that they are looked upon as sexsymbols" thing.... so that whole "serving your country" concept is a farce?

jakes90

I see your pointe

jakes90

war is a farce.

skafiend007

OK, now this is cool. with the woman there, there's pretty much one connotation for the dildo. Without her, this guy is going off to "fuck" another country... or something... more concepts become available. I like this better.

jakes90

Thanks he he do you know how to delete a old virsion.. he he i think I need to do that?

skafiend007

No, don't delete the old version. What I wrote was just my opinon. someone may see the original and see potential and come up with a better idea that I did that you agree with. Let the evolution continue....

jakes90

hmmm okay but the old version is very easily misunderstood and
I do not want to afend people.

skafiend007

Nah. They'll see you made a change. Like i said, someone may offer some useful criticism that includes the woman from the original version.

jakes90

okay thanks man

skafiend007

No prob. But yeah, I like this with just the soldier. It's got that weird juxtaposition of the soldier and the dildo, like "huh?" maybe a little bigger though?...

jakes90

i just became a meber 2 days ago so their is thinks to learn but i like the site.

skafiend007

Glad you're here... keep creating designs!

jakes90

Glad to bee here!!
skafiend007 do you have some designs?

teechers_pet

Um....yeah. Pom poms would help but I don't think this will go over well anyway.

aboutmrbrown

the shaddow doesnt seem to line up, the gun is off a bit. and besides that, its really sick.

Bowtie

Very funny. Put final touches on the 2nd one & sub: 1st was a little too prone to misunderstanding.

13strong

I don't like the one with the woman. It is too much reminscent of rape, which is a weapon of war a lot of the time. So no.

Without the woman, you have a more interesting concept - war as a masculine pastime, the gun as a phallic symbol, ideas of masculinity and violence. Ultimately, though, it seems to be saying that a gun is a penis extension.

At the end of the day though, Threadless is unlikely to print anything with a dildo on it.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

At the end of th day, Threadless will not print a shirt with a dildo on it. Sorry, bro.

13strong

Yo mezo - snap!

jakes90

thanks for the coments i'm new her so it is funny to see that t-shirts can start debats.

No account?