Close
One second...

The Silent Seagull

In Helsinki we have these huge city-seagulls that are right mean arrogant mofos; they'll steal your sandwiches and ice cream from your hands and then crap on you, cackling maniacally as they fly away.

They aren't afraid of humans at all, especially since tourists keep feeding those flying rats regardless of how many "do not feed the birds" signs are put up. They also seem to get bigger and meaner every year, eating fast food and not fish.

So I fully expect this to happen in a few years.

Watch this
veeruska

In Helsinki we have these huge city-seagulls that are right mean arrogant mofos; they'll steal your sandwiches and ice cream from your hands and then crap on you, cackling maniacally as they fly away.
They aren't afraid of humans at all, especially since tourists keep feeding those flying rats regardless of how many "do not feed the birds" signs are put up. They also seem to get bigger and meaner every year, eating fast food and not fish.

So I fully expect this to happen in a few years.

vixyish

BAHAHAHAHA.

In Seattle the seagulls follow alongside all the ferries. I have believed for years that they are contemplating this very thing.

sjgrovo

this is SO going to happen one day - and I love the design!

blinx

id like it if the people didnt look so cartoony. its cute though.

ixxmmmxxi

i like the sagestone better, and i think the people are fine, since the concept is a bit cartoony

veeruska

Well, if they threaten to print it, I promise to rework the people to be a bit less cartoony, if it's the wish of the people.

iheartcmp

hey! i live in seattle too.

and i like seagulls. but only when they are not too close to me. or printed on a t-shirt.

ineo2

omg ilove it $5

oh isuzu...

leave it the way it is
the people are perfect

i love the design.

reccaphoenix

This is so cool! Reminds me of a Haruki Murakami novel for some odd reason.

matchxcore

oh man! i love it!

LionelM

AHAAH!

kiwidozerproject

if i saw this happen in person i would die happy

icebar

viisi dollari!!

($5)

veeruska

Ice, I'm so impressed!

icebar

haha :D

shmeder

I lived in Iceland as a kid. If I wasn't moving around enough when I played outside they swoop buy me and clip me with their wings. I still hate them!

JoNightshade

THis is awesome. But I feel like the kid and seagull should be a bit smaller, as if being carried away. Right now the seagull looks huge, so it looks close, but then the kid is in proportion with the man so the kid seems on his plane... I dunno, needs to be evened out.

SakuraGaSaku

At Sea world one stole my churro once. D:

cherrylimeade

love the popsicle, $5 definitely

Mikko Terva

I have nothing but contempt for screeching seagulls (they 'bomb' you too) but I love this design. good job veera.

LeRoi

I would suggest placing the seagull with the boy and his popsicle on the back shoulderblade.

It would make more sense.

fresiannie

reallycoool
i love the popsicle
^^
5$

Alexandra Marie

I hate birds.
And this is why.
They are evil.

Nice design.

yokoso

I was attacked by a seagull when I was little.

Aethelwolfess

Yeeeeeeessssss. Finding Nemo moment! "Mine! Mine! Mine!" Love it.

Bowtie

There are some parrots at a picnic spot that take the food literally out of your mouth.
One of the people I was with tried to speak while eating (poor manners in any case, I know) and a bird sat on his shoulder, put its head into his mouth and removed half a chip (that is french fry for the US'ers here)!! Sneaky bugger.

Bowtie

Design is nice. the concept is great. High score from me.

gitarfool

Excellent. Is that his kid getting carried away? If there were something to suggest the parent/child relationship it might be even better.

TheloniusMnk

I don't like the placement, but I love the design.

lfw1031

Hilarious!

veeruska

Thanks for the comments y'all! Oh, oh.

I'd love to place the mother-of-all-seagulls and the kid a bit further from the man, but there was so little space on the design template and I wanted the figures to be distinguishable, so.

edjuvreason

Love it the way it is. BRILLIANT. A little sick, but BRILLIANT.

roggs

popsickle?

ninjapiratesrock

In Sagestone, definite $5.
Great job.

northgoingzaks

make design smaller and i'd buy it!

cedars

i want to buy this so bad. $5

czarinamaker

XD I was in Helsinki this summer and the birds were freaking HUGE! Of course, the outdoor market did not help. I love this shirt.

maxandglad

Leave seagulls alone.

They live on my roof because someone stole their cliffs and built houses.

If you could shout at a rubbish bag and get a free dinner you would too.

Watch one fly. They are amazing.

veeruska

I know! Thank you, everyone!

No account?