Close
One second...

naked

• by gypsy7
  • posted Apr 19, 2007
  • 30 Comments

i know, the title isn't particularly creative. but i thought this would make a cool shirt (i'd wear it!)

hope you live it, too!

it is to be a wraparound design, the bit that's hanging off the shirt will go around to the back.

i know i usually love color, but today i'm keeping it simple. enjoy the formality, it probably won't happen again any time soon (although it might! i've been in a very black and white mood lately).

also, please don't comment with "OMG BOOBIES!" be mature.

hope you like this as much as i do!

Watch this
gypsy7

i know, the title isn't particularly creative. but i thought this would make a cool shirt (i'd wear it!)
hope you live it, too!
it is to be a wraparound design, the bit that's hanging off the shirt will go around to the back.
i know i usually love color, but today i'm keeping it simple. enjoy the formality, it probably won't happen again any time soon (although it might! i've been in a very black and white mood lately).

also, please don't comment with "OMG BOOBIES!" be mature.
hope you like this as much as i do!

alexoc949

it looks like you were trying to not let go of the pencil, is that what's going on here?

ChristyJade

sorry...i actually posted that before i read your comment about not being childish...im affraid i am just naturally childish!!!

But....yeah....I dont like the right leg...the thigh looks too long i think...not to keen on lack of head, i ust dont think i would wear this on a tee...sorry about my negativity...dont like being negative... :(

yokoso

aOMG BOOBIES1!!111

I'm kidding.

Seriously though, that's some rad art. Like christy ^ said, it's a little off BUT.. that's part of it's charm at least for me. I love the fact that the thigh is too long and the lack of head.. BUT... (again a BUT)... I'm not sure if I would wear this on a tee, at least personally. Now if it were on a handbag or like, a folder for the office.. different story.

stardance

I'm not into wearing naked women without heads on my shirts. That being said, this would work if it was even remotely anatomically correct... her left leg is so very wrong.

J-Ray

OMG BEllyBUTtONz!

curlyfry

it almost looks like her hand is going through her knee since there are no fingers.

sylmatil

Nice art but it's not really a Threadless kind of design.

cacti

i like it

that said why arent there any shirts with drawings of naked guys on them? I wouldnt really want one.... its just that there are quite a few naked girls on them but ive never seen one with a guy on the shirt...

just a thought...

skafiend007

Oh, shit, that little indentation in the middle of your lower throat, you know that thing, what is it, your clavical?, no, that's not it, but anyway, you know that thing... there it is!

oh isuzu...

i wouldnt wear a naked person on my shirt...

its a good artwork idea.
but just not for a shirt.

gypsy7

a little explanation:
this was a blind-contour drawing in it's original form. that means i wasn't really looking at the paper when the ink was put down, and explains any anatomical imperfections (it's NOT meant to be perfect!)
so no more comments that she's anatomically incorrect. i already know. that's the beauty of the piece. (although it's pretty damn close for not really looking at the page, if you ask me!)
as for putting a naked, headless woman on a shirt? i drew it one day for class, and the first thought once i was done and took a good look at it was "that would make a kick-ass t-shirt!" and here we are.
also, i agree with yosoko, it would make a really awesome totebag, and if threadless had a totebag design submissions section, i would have put it in there instead.
i hope that helps!

peg legged pat

i wish i got this in before you explained it, i LOVE doing blind contour drawings, this one is VERY cool. I love art, i know this is out of the blue, but do you have any other pieces of art on the web, i'm opening a gallery and like to find artists in wierd places

teechers_pet

That's a REALLY good blind contour drawing. Wow, I'm impressed! Those aren't easy to do, especially of the body. I think it looks really cool. It looks like a lot of people here didn't understand the style. It figures.

teechers_pet

That's a REALLY good blind contour drawing. Wow, I'm impressed! Those aren't easy to do, especially of the body. I think it looks really cool. It looks like a lot of people here didn't understand the style. It figures.

teechers_pet

Ha ha, how the heck did I post that twice? OOPS.

joolya
joolya profile pic Alumni

omg mittens

nice drawing, amazing for a blind contour! yes, it would be nice on a shirt. Do they print wrap-around designs?

Sodacap_bum

i think this is a wonderful art piece, but i do agree that this isn't usually what threadless goes for. good luck though, it really is impressive.

CiscoFur

contour

t3hn3rd

This is a very good drawing, but it has some problems.

First, the perspective is off on her left leg. Also, if you're going for a line drawing, the detailed nipples don't fit in, and neither does the bellybutton. This would also help with the "OMG boobies" reaction. What would also help would be if she had a head. Showing her without one priviledges her breasts (and makes them a focal point).

Again, it is a very nice drawing, and I hope that my comments are helpful.

mikey_

Well, you did say you weren't "really looking" which implies that you peeked. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

I'll say this: I love the drawing, especially her legs and where the neck cuts off. Beautifully done. Also, the placement, perfect for this design. 3rd, unfortunately, it's not really a shirt design I'd wear. Naked ladies on shirts just don't really fly.

They are nice boobies though.

booboo135

peachies

booboo135

wtf. it didnt post my comment only me signing my name . ok ill try again :P

booboo135

baiscally in short..
im against the idea of headless women because it makes people think that they are just bodies and that you can use them as much as you want and it wont matter etc. =gets angry= anywaaa.. either add a head or make it a headless man for a change !! women sculptures are always nameless but all nakend men are named. O--O eg. david. etc. ahhh
well add a head or make it male

Gaff

She looks like she's sniffing your armpit.

coffeecandle

i think it is a great drawing, really good artwork. but i would not wear it, sorry. fantastic work though.

Duchamp

This is a beautiful contour. I would wear this shirt.

gypsy7

it looks like i have a strange preference in shirts!
i'm glad most of you like the art, though!
thanks for your comments guys, they're helpful
and yes, i peeked. it's really hard not to.

gypsy7

oh, one more thing: she's not nameless, or faceless, or just a body. she's a beautiful human being. i just REALLY didn't like the way the head turned out in the end, so i cut it out of the design. it has nothing to do with making her an object. i'm female too, so that seems like it'd be a kind of dumb thing to do...

No account?