Close
One second...

Paradice

• by essteeyou
  • posted Apr 16, 2007
  • 6 Comments

This is my first design submission. It's been a bit of an ordeal getting everything together so far. Just looking for some advice on what to change, really. I didn't want the word "Paradice" or "Para-Dice" or whatever on the design. I think it's better if you work it out for yourself.

I drew the original in Inkscape, and then fooled around with it in Photoshop.

Any sort of constructive critique is welcome.

Watch this
essteeyou

This is my first design submission. It's been a bit of an ordeal getting everything together so far. Just looking for some advice on what to change, really. I didn't want the word "Paradice" or "Para-Dice" or whatever on the design. I think it's better if you work it out for yourself.

I drew the original in Inkscape, and then fooled around with it in Photoshop.

Any sort of constructive critique is welcome.

vixyish

I agree with you that it's better with no text. People will get it just fine.

My main suggestion would be that the angle of strings to parachutes looks wrong. Do some google image searches of parachutes. The kind that have this wide angle aren't the curvy kind with pointy ends; you've kind of combined two types of parachute here. They're also kind of a combination of 2D and 3D; the dice are in 3D but the parachutes are kind of 2D.

Also... might want to look at how the strings are attached. It's nitpicky, but it looks kinda weird to attach them where they are... unless they were going to little parachute packs strapped to the dice's little back sides. :)

essteeyou

Hmmm, I'm not much of a parachute enthusiast. Actually, I'm not much of a dice enthusiast either, but I've seen quite a few cubes in my life. ;)

Little backpacks might not be such a bad idea anyway... Have one of the dice facing the other way or something...

Perhaps some sort of belt around the front... Like the Batman utility belt. I'll have a play around and see. :) Thanks for the feedback.

Sonofadiddly

I think there should only be two dice. Para-dice, pair of dice, get it? Then you will be even more of a word genius.

essteeyou

The thought had crossed my mind... I actually think it might look better with only two anyway. I'll give that a try when I re-draw the parachutes, etc. :)

13strong

Personally, I'm kind of bored of puns. Especially when they're pointless and not funny.

Just my personal opinion you understand...

essteeyou

Fair enough. I'm kinda bored of pandas, birds, skulls, and butterflies. :)

No account?