Close
One second...

Non-Specific Cola Man

On natural color t-shirt. Please critique it.

I thought about having Peps- I MEAN non-specific cola man eat Jones Soda bottles, but that may have pissed of some... non-secific... company... COPYRIGHTS!

EEEEEeeeeeuuuoooooooo WAP WAP (sound of Pacman dying).

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Sonofadiddly

On natural color t-shirt. Please critique it.

I thought about having Peps- I MEAN non-specific cola man eat Jones Soda bottles, but that may have pissed of some... non-secific... company... COPYRIGHTS!

EEEEEeeeeeuuuoooooooo WAP WAP (sound of Pacman dying).

chinajones

hahah yeahhh this shirt is awesome, id definitly buy it.

The Wee Straggler

He could be eating unlabeled soda bottles. Expand the idea. I like it.

Sonofadiddly

Not a bad idea, Mr. Straggler.

The opinions seem pretty split on this one. Anyone else? Do the stripes on the ghost look okay? I think they need some work...

The Wee Straggler

They look "okay" They get the point across, but aren't fabulous. Ideally you'd find a way to convey the point in just the eyes, since the stripes are crowded a bit right now.

Sonofadiddly

Okays, no stripes now. The ghost is also more symmetrical and his eyes have dark red shadows. Nothing else has changed.

sylmatil

Maybe he could be eating bottlecaps? And the placement's a little boring with everything just in a straight line in the center.

The Wee Straggler

The symmetry is much better.

Losing the stripes...undecided. It's no longer a coke ghost, but the design is a bit cleaner...hmm.

Either way, I still think you need to develop this more.

Sonofadiddly

Hooooly good idea, sylmatil! A bottle cap is still circular, and then I can put the little Jones Soda J on it! Maybe I will try making the caps go around in a square around the shirt... We'll see.

Mr. Straggler, I will keep working with the stripes. I tried doing just one stripe but it looked bad, so maybe I will try just two. Thanks for your help, you are a good commenter!

Saebeas

I know that you have removed the stripes, I think you ought to put them back on because without them I can't see the ghost as a coke ghost. I love the idea though and would so buy it.

vixyish

I disagree. I hadn't noticed until the stripe was removed that the eyes are actually the "o" from the Coca-Cola font. I think that's better because it's more subtle. Make us work for it!

ChloroformPerfume13

I think if you had PepsiMan eating bottle caps, it would not only add diversity to it, but more opportunities for detail, like shading the ridges around the caps, etc.

As far as the worries with "too-simple" placement goes, how 'bout a maze full of those little red monster dudes?

Maybe Sunki-I mean non-specific orange soda or Spr-Err... non-specific lemon-lime soda... would like to do battle against Mr. Pepsiman?

This has some GREAT potential, and is definitely going on my watch list. :D

Alexandra Marie

I like the stripes on the ghost myself.
And the bottlecap idea is brilliant.
I'll be watching for V3.

vixyish

Me too. This is going to be a cute one. :)

Sonofadiddly

I've considered more ghosts, Chloroform, but I've already got five colors, four of which are absolutely necessary. Sorry this is taking me so long, but I've finished my other projects so I can finally focus on this. V3 will be up soon.

oh isuzu...

i liked the ghost more with the coke stripes.

harpo25
harpo25 profile pic Alumni

me too

veggie_sxe

good work... better with stripes (i think)

Bowtie

Better with the stripes. copyright schmopyright.

The Wee Straggler

It's not a trademark issue, it just looks a little cramped.

ding

I had an idea. Make the ghost taller? A little more length could let you add the stripe back w/o it being so close to the right eye.

Just a thought.

Sonofadiddly

Where did my comment go??? Oh well here it is again. I think the ghosts are a good size, plus now they have just two stripes! I think it looks pretty good, and what do you think of the maze?? Also you can't really see it but the edges of the bottle caps have black lines on the white part! WOO.

oh isuzu...

maybe make the bottle caps easier to tell that they are bottle caps?

a different color maybe?

they just look like circles with the letter J in them right now.

=/

keep working on it
i really want to see this sub'd.

The Wee Straggler

Yeah, the ghosts are excellent now. The addition of the maze is great as well. I agree the bottle caps don't really look like anything, they are also are too small and too close together. The probably need to be about twice as big...and they need to be placed so they look like the fit in the maze you made.

It's definitely getting there.

Sonofadiddly

Thanks very much, Mr. Straggler. I admit I kind of rushed the bottle caps. I shall vix them up for version 4, but it will have to wait until next week because my brain is being abducted by essays.

The Wee Straggler

No problem. I've got you watched so no hurries. :)

JessicaMonster

I would have it on a blue shirt and change the bottom part of the blue cola man to white. and have the bubble white too.

Saebeas

Its gotten to big for me. I just liked the simple ghost, pacman, bottle cap line. Still think its a great idea though, keep working on it.

daftspike

I think it works best on white. Putting it on black makes it harder to relate to Pepsi.

Sonofadiddly

What makes you say that, daft? If I go with the maze, the shirt has to be black, no question. And I'm really not sure what Jessica is saying. The bottom part of the blue cola man? The bottom part has to be blue. Otherwise it would not be the pepsi logo.

glc

I liked it better without the maze, and I would say a third shirt color option would be nice--I haven't really liked it on natural or black. The design concept is great, though.

ChloroformPerfume13

Hmmm... If you made the maze smaller so it's a square on the shirt, with the little dudes smaller too, it would probably look better... Like, the top ghostman looks like he can't fit into the maze to the left of him!
it's REALLY large right now, but I'm digging the development of this design! :)

Sonofadiddly

Ta-frickin-da. Anyone know where I can get those pictures of models that you can put your design on? I'm getting ready to submit this crap.

The Wee Straggler

Here

The caps look nice now. However, the maze doesn't line up properly. If you're done messing with it and not going to tweak it so it looks right, then I suggest you stick with the layout from V1 (with all the fixes you've made to colors/elements)

I like the maze, but it really doesn't look finished yet, and probably won't get a good score if you submit it. I'd like to see you make it work, but that's your call obviously :)

Sonofadiddly

You're makin life difficult for me, Straggler. Alright, I'll work on the maze some more. Surely there is some way to make it look right.

Thanks for the link.

Fauxpunk

I dont like the maze other wise it's fine

The Wee Straggler

Like I said. You don't have to fix it if you feel done with it. I know how it feels to get kind of sick of a creative project from twiddling with it more than you really wanted to.

To be more specific. The upper rightmost piece of the maze looks out of place, and the bottle caps trail off into nothingness instead of following the maze.

Sonofadiddly

I'm not sick of it, just eager to get it out to the public. This one is based on the actual pacman maze, the bottom middle part where pacman always starts.

Sonofadiddly

HEY. Quit slacking and start commenting.

sylmatil

I'm thinking it needs more bottlecaps to make it look more like a pacman game.

xMjayx

Maybe have a peice of fruit? Except it'd be like cash prize or something? I dunno...

Sonofadiddly

Haha, thanks for the comment on my old design, Mjay. Too bad I was too impatient to do the critique thing with it. What do you think about the maze itself? I'm not too wild about how it gets cut off like that. I think I'll revert to V4 and just do what Straggler said.

tobasco

For me the symetry is the most important thing about the maze, change it how you will but the games symetry was a key theme I reakon. How about making the whole design smaller and putting more maze and bottle caps into it? This is quiet a cool idea, I'll be watching (da dum da dum (insert shark) da dum).

labarous

i like the bottlecaps, but i liked the bubbles too. what if the bottlecap was the power-dot? then it's like "get to the jones so you can take on the bigger colas!" if there was a fruit it would have to be cherries for cherry-cola. i like pac-man A LOT and COLA.

therecouldbenothingafterThis

the bottle caps are a huge improvement over the bubbles.. i have to say my favorite is Version 4 on the grey by far. not sure if it's working on the black..

The Wee Straggler

Okay. I'll weigh in. The maze looks pretty good now, the only problem you alread pointed out yourself, the being cut off part. I think just rounding off the four edges that get cut off and shrinking the entire image a bit would make it work. Just those tweaks and I think it's ready...although...

I think I'd like to see more bottle caps pasted to fill the whole (or most of the) image, although I'm not sure if that would make it too busy or not.

I still like the colors you have currently, and don't know that cherries would add anything, but (throwing something out) if you could add a lemon/lime combo that evokes sprite/seven up (which would be quite a feat), then that would be worth adding.

Sonofadiddly

Okay, who keeps clicking "Don't Submit"??? Shakes fist.

Just kidding, I love you guys. Thanks for the comments.

I guess I'll have multiple color options, but I still think black is the way to go. I worked some with more bottle caps and it did look too busy in my opinion, but I will try again. I would love to add some sort of fruit thing, but I'm really stressing about the color limit here. Curse you color limit!!

I think tobasco may be right (lawl random shark thing). I shall shrink the design. People here seem to not so much like big designs. I will have V6 by tomorrow, provided my computer doesn't explode.

The Wee Straggler

As long as it's on a black shirt, you've only got three colors so far, so you've got two colors to blow on a fruit if you want it.

Sonofadiddly

Hadn't thought of it that way. What would I do without you?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us