Close
One second...

is this japanese?

hi, does anyone know whether this is based on a japanese folk tale, or a chinese one?????????

or:
is the girl mean to be japanese?

Watch this
goodensnake

or chinese??
anyone?

mango0range

i think japanese.

windblown
windblown profile pic Alumni

Hi,
I was heavily leaning toward a Japanese style, but it's not based on anything in particular.

goodensnake

hi! thanks for that. it's great - i love it.
i'm going to get a bunch of them!

goodensnake

it reminds me a bit of that girl (setsuko) in 'A Grave of Fireflies'... have you seen/read it?

transparentman

IT'S JAPANESE GET IT RIGHT GOSH!!

i'm just jk

Hhoh_my_gohd

It seems to lean towards more the japanese side. Sadly japanese culture is becoming very popular. :/

Devilpinoy3

y is it sad that jap culture is becoming popular?

goodensnake

and by the way. i wouldn't call a picture of a girl (nice though it is) "Japanese Culture"

bryaaaant

yeah lol. why is japanese culture popularity sad..?

rainydaysandmondays

She's playing a shakuhachi! Horrible sounding instrument, but can be cool.

Pandja

It's a great way to accompany traditional Japanese theater though- a very expressive instrument!

This is extremely nice, very cute idea and well composed. Every culture has the stories of the little piper girl seducing animals. I can't wait for my paycheck to buy this one! ^_^

Pichusita

Hi everyone! I'm from Spain (sorry for my english) and i'm new! I found this page today.. and, it's great! I want to buy this one, can you tell me if it's dificult to buy it from Spain? is it a security place? thank you!!
And sorry for my bad english again
:P

liangziqian

i think it's chinese. check out the traditional chinese girl hairstyle. japanese girls traditionally wear their hair differently (geisha style if they're geisha, a plainer bun otherwise, etc). also you can kind of see the dark vest she's wearing over her gown. a lot of japanese musical instruments were originally chinese or at least were passed on through china from wherever china picked them up. she's simply playing something like a xiao ?.

No account?
Join Us