Close
One second...

I Yak Tibet

During my Seven Years in Tibet, there was little diversion to be had, save the local ancient tradition of "khaga nga nya", which roughly translates to "yak tipping". I can think of no other mammal of the bovidae family and native of the high plains of Central Asia more deserving of a pictogram that describes one's feelings on a government in exile.

I realize there are many pictographic representations out there, but I felt this was a somewhat cute design and departure from the usual.

Watch this
Kellabell9
Kellabell9 profile pic Alumni

During my Seven Years in Tibet, there was little diversion to be had, save the local ancient tradition of "khaga nga nya", which roughly translates to "yak tipping". I can think of no other mammal of the bovidae family and native of the high plains of Central Asia more deserving of a pictogram that describes one's feelings on a government in exile.

I realize there are many pictographic representations out there, but I felt this was a somewhat cute design and departure from the usual.

bluegabs

you yak tibet.

ummm.

crazysteven

no more i ____ anything

bektravels

Cute! But what exactly is yak tipping?

piradical

Yak butter tea is delicious. So is yak meat.

The Jolly Brewer

Yak tipping has got to be better than Yak tupping!

I like it...

chelly

nice yak!

kishkacha

i like it, though its only because i love tibet but.. good idea 5

coffeeshopgoth

I love this shirt! Yeah, there are tons of I ___ (noun) , but this is cute and not stupid like 95% of the other ones.

Annie McPeach

I wouldn't want to spend all my time explaining the message of this shirt to other people, especially since I don't really understand it myself. The yak is cute, though.

coffeeshopgoth

Explanation: I (heart) NY = I love New York. I (yak) Tibet is making fun of all of those by replacing the verb with a noun, one specific to Tibet. Tibet is not as expected, as say, New York in a pictographic expression.

It is a double whammy, this is awesome Kellabell!

applegary

I just don't see the yak tipping very well, or anything at all; and it would be a tough customer to wait on!

quaycur

i just keep laughing when when i look at it. i really don't know why.

blckmg

Nice yak.

MooCowMoo

The yak looks amazing!

Glorifiedg

Sweet! I yak Tibet Too!

samtabsav

It's definitely cute, I'd buy it, but then I'd regret it because... god, I hate having to explain shirts in more than one or two words.

bhoomika

Alright I don't like this at all and just so you know that the text on top of the yak is Hindi.

Kellabell9

Seriously, Bhoomika, you don't have to tell me that. I mean, I did eat at an Indian restaurant once.

Also, I was looking for a stream of text that somewhat resembled Nepalese...minus using a straight-out alphabet graphic. The closest I could find for use in superimposing was this (I believe it is the national anthem of Nepal). Considering 1/3 of Nepal speaks Hindi, I am sure Rudra isn't going to hunt me down for this.

Kellabell9

Forgot to mention in previous comment: Usable Tibetan language was also hard to find, hence the Nepalese. But what matters most is that this shirt looks awesome.

bhoomika

Sorry I wasn't being smart or anything... I just thought u might not know..

And I know that Nepalese speak Hindi too.

coffeeshopgoth

Yeah, Kellabell! It's f'n Hindi. Jesus Christ! I will take back my 5 and "I'd Buy it" for your lack of linguistic knowledge of the Eastern Asian Highlands! ARRRGGGHHHH!!!! Just kidding. This site needs more funny shirts like this (and the my little pony crime scene one) and less "Give Peace a Chance" and stupid emo shirts.

Chalkie

Cute yak.
I have a shirt thats kinda like this, except its Tokyo and instead of a Yak its a sumo wrestler that kinda looks like a heart.
and people never get it.

Lobsang

YEAHHHHHHHHHH, I like Yaks!!! haha!!! REMEMBER: ONE WORLD, ONE DREAM... FREE TIBET!!!!!!!!

No account?
Join Us