Drop Science Not Bombs

In 1932 Albert Einstein was contacted by the League of Nations and asked to invite someone -- he could choose anyone -- to reflect with him in a series of public letters on a pressing problem or question. The question Einstein selected was this: "Is there any way of delivering humankind from the menace of war?" The person he chose to ask was Sigmund Freud. This little known correspondence between two of the greatest minds ever was later published as "Warum Krieg?" or "Why War?"

Watch this
chairmanmeow9

In 1932 Albert Einstein was contacted by the League of Nations and asked to invite someone -- he could choose anyone -- to reflect with him in a series of public letters on a pressing problem or question. The question Einstein selected was this: "Is there any way of delivering humankind from the menace of war?" The person he chose to ask was Sigmund Freud. This little known correspondence between two of the greatest minds ever was later published as "Warum Krieg?" or "Why War?"

Poseidon

Amazing, I hope this one wins. 5$

dank57

I like the design but i guess i really don't get the "drop science" part...

brownstar

drop some science on your ass. amazing. 5$

The Jolly Brewer

Nice. Like the idea, like the design, would love to read the discussion. Just not sure if people will get it without your description. Cool 4 from me.

brenden_strang

a very respectable Shepard Fairy look-a-like. great work

streger

Great work.... if it was yours! you stole Shepard Fairey's style, colors, poster size, font, bomb, anti-war tag line! Try being original next time!

thunderpeel
thunderpeel profile pic Alumni

"cause i've been dropping the new science and kickin' the new k-nowledge, an m.c. to a degree that can't get in college"

sweet annie

That's nice illustrated.

chairmanmeow9

Streger- Have you heard of the US Mint, or the whole "anti-war" thing? There was a history of art before 1990, and i don't think Shepard has copyrighted all of it...

burgz

word...

Jibba Jabba

reminds me of another slogan, only it was "drop knowledge, not bombs."

0Jim0
0Jim0 profile pic Alumni

enough with the frikn' Einstein... It's nice, but I'm just getting sick of his dam face on this website...

sorry. I feel bad about taking it out on you..

LeRoi

Put it on the back, with something small on the pec, like one of alligators on Lacoste shirts. Know what I'm saying? There's a much bigger chance I'd buy it, then.

doctoroflove

amazing! i caught the "drop science" immediately (i.e. drop knowledge). I guess that's because of my street cred. 5$, money design.

UnwantedGlitter

mm i feel as though you could find this at some tourist shop for liberals

The Crackers

wow there have been a lot of einstein subs lately?

jamonit

I would guess that drop is in reference to this being a stamp that is dipped in LSD.

I like it.

hudsie

$5 from me, very nice design, even better with the story

shadow_shrine

einstein again!? remove text.. i dont like it...

Exigent

totally dig it... but it is waaay too big.

citrouille

I'm burnt out on Einstein, but this is the best I've seen so far. Good work. $5.

danpat00

that's good i'd buy.

danpat00

that's good i'd buy.

D.Lightful

Whatup with all of the Einstein shirts. Getting a bit stale. Like the design tho. Hate the color.

Gaijin21

I like the design and color, not the Drop Science part...
How about Drop War, not bombs?

Mr Giant

nice nice....very shepherd fairey-esque. Might look better on red.

rsegrest

I give it a 3. If it was at all original I'd give it a 5, but it is exactly like the Noam Chomsky, Don Corleone, etc. prints from Shephard Fairey, only less detailed. Also, the Einstein thing has been done quite a bit, just for this contest alone. There were other scientists, I believe?

I just read a quote from Gaugin yesterday-- "Art is either plagarism or revolution." Imitation is a good way to learn technique, but eventually one needs to branch out and experiment. But it is definitely well-drawn.

coyote6000

there seem to be way too many einstein designs. ahh

cedars

i have a pin. it says "drop books not bombs." that's what i thought of when i read this.

KDLIG
KDLIG profile pic Alumni

AAAAAhhhhhaaalbert! hehehe cool one!

jooleerat

Droppin' science like Gallileo drop tha orange ... I love the 60's poster look and I love this shirt. Best Einstein I've seen in a while. Meee Wanteeeee!! $5

goviol

YES!! Love it. Want it.

wormocious

Unwanted glitter...your opinion is unwanted. Liberal?!?! Not wanting war is liberal??!! Christ...I wish I could be right wing and kill everyone!! My Secretary of defense, Ann Coulter.

wormocious

Haha!! I feel like an ass now!! I reamed a 15 year old girl about a political statement she probably didn't fully understand.

I apoligize unwantedglitter, that was pretty harsh.

Oh, and how many think the Ann Coulter reference went right over her head?

Mantis25

"Streger- Have you heard of the US Mint, or the whole "anti-war" thing? There was a history of art before 1990, and i don't think Shepard has copyrighted all of it..."

very nice, but seriously, Fairey got his mark on this kind of appropriation before you, at least in this pretty Obey-style illustration, sorry.

that said, It's still really good.

Sunshine69

I like the design and concept, but I don't think the phrase "Drop science" works. It's a bit confusing

milyn0206

Einstein helped make the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima. I know he regretted it terribly (as he should) but I dont think he is the best person to have saying "drop science, not bombs". Strange.

spoothed

holy crap the design is fantastic

Lea1977

"drop" science, not bombs ...he he, and cool design!

suregena

Fantastic! I love this one a lot.

mephitine

I can't believe no one caught this while the design was up for consideration.

same

As the original artist's name is Kevin and the name on this account is Kevin, I guess they could be the same person? Just saw this while I was surfing cafepress and the image was unmistakably the same.

dramaxx

i'd also like to say that the previous comment about einstien doing poorly in high school is a farce. he never did poorly in high school, only in college because he never showed up to class. although, at this point, no one cares, just me.

No account?
Join Us