Close
One second...

Sounds of the Sea

Struck with sudden inspiration- I made this in about 10 minutes. Should I take it places or sub it as is?

Also- any recommendations for a better title?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
BlameTheSuburbs
BlameTheSuburbs profile pic Alumni

Struck with sudden inspiration- I made this in about 10 minutes. Should I take it places or sub it as is?

Also- any recommendations for a better title?

rtoyota

I love it. I'd buy it. It's frickin' genius.

As for a title... I'll get back to you if I think of something.

schleb

the simplicity is nice. MAYBE... shorten the piano-ness on the right and show a little of the other eye on the left. also, there's a spot where there are three white keys in a row.

i think it's really good how it is, those are just some random suggestions that may or may not make it look better.

rtoyota

Keys of the Sea?

Schleb makes a good point about the layout of the keys.

BlameTheSuburbs

yeah, I just noticed that.

Anyone know the easiest way to do that ollirudi style t-shirt texture?

rtoyota

Sorry, meant to say "Keys of the Seas" so that it rhymes.

BlameTheSuburbs

hm. yeah...that's pretty good.

donkeysong

this is tight

rtoyota

By the way, I don't think you need to style this differently at all. I love the cleanliness of it.

Julie McMillon

Very creative. For some reason "Play It Again Sam" comes to mind.

takoyaki

wow...I'd buy it as is. :]

BlameTheSuburbs

what have we to say here??? That texture is the default photoshop texture filter "canvas". I was trying to get something that looked shirt-like but wasn't having much luck.

BlameTheSuburbs

According the internet, my music notes are backwards. Gotta fix that. Then I think it's ready to go.

rtoyota

I prefer version one (if you fix the keys. This one looks too much like a whale, whereas version one looked equally like a whale and a piano.

mrmajestik

I agree with rtoyato.. the first version was better.

BlameTheSuburbs

:(

What is not liked? I prefer the second version.

AliceChew

Cute idea! I like the colour options of version 1 better. (and yes, your musical note is backwards). i also like the circle for the eye, rather than dots. The keys a better in V2. And after thinking about it for waaay too long I like the flipper/fins in V1 better also. Can't decide about the eye on the left...I think maybe if they were more in line line it might work better?

BlameTheSuburbs

oh! that isn't an eye, its part of the highlight. maybe I should get rid of that.

AliceChew

Oh right, I can see it's a little bigger now, but it's an easy mistake. I thought it was an eye because someone above mentioned putting an eye on the left.

rtoyota

I like the eye in the first version better, and I the design without the highlight better because it looks more like it could be a grand piano that way. (A grand piano wouldn't have a highlight like that.)

I also don't think the design needs the texture. It looks better in version one without it.

Lashford

i like the first eye. i dislike the highlight in the second version. i also think you should refine the water coming out of the blowhole. the little sprays that go off to the left and right of the main spray are kind of straight and seem weak. you should play off that dramatic curve of the whale the same way in the spouting water. big arcs vs the flatter curves you have now. very cool concept.

also, i think the music note seems kind of weak at the top of the spray. perhaps make it bolder or larger. not too big though. and yeah, reflect it so it sits correctly.

Julie McMillon

I like first one too. Just fix the notes.

stinksmcgee

your notes are backwards, but other than that i really like this.

stinksmcgee

i also like version 1 better.

kingforaday

keep the same eye drop the pattern, go back to th original whales texture i like it on orange

kingforaday

maybe add a few more notes?

stardance

I dont like the texture. I LOVE the idea and I like the eye better on this one.

emdent

the texture takes away from the note, i think it would do best without it

emdent

but i like the shape of the body in this one best

special k

i believe you should get rid of the texture, and just keep the rest of the design the same as is in this version.
i liked all of them alot, so pick which ever one floats your boat, and sub it- dont add more notes, it would take away from the simplicity.
good luck!

Raid71
Raid71 profile pic Alumni

V1 - sub that

brett dawson

actually. i meant. V1, with shorter keys so it doesnt go under the eye so much. and the music note flipped. then its golden.

sambarugh

Really great. I like 1 and 3, but probably v1 with the shorter keys on the blue. Good luck with this one!!

yengen

no texture

ya_rly

i like the first version, no i love the first version. with the simple eye as well. and especially in the brighter blue. well, i s'pose i'd still buy it in either of the other colors as well...except pink. blehhh.such a perfect idea....and illustration....ahhhh!! just print it already :]

spires
spires profile pic Alumni

FIRST VERSION FTW

great work!

samtabsav

LOVE the last version, ditch the texture, then submit. I adore the concept of this.

SEVEN-HUNDRED

I def prefer v1 - the texture looks weird and the eye looks kinda dead on the later versions - go with the 1st - keep it simple

SEVEN-HUNDRED

and how about - Play it again Shamu

I know Shamu is an orca, but, you know...

rtoyota

No texture!

BlameTheSuburbs

Alright, after considering all the comments, I think I've came to a finished product.

chambrun

Submit now.
I like this simplicity.

MyNameIsVex

I think making it round on the left side instead of a bit lumpy would be better. I liked the uneven spouted water in V1 better, but I think, over-all I like the most recent version best.

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

this is great! though i prefer version one the most.

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

it's better without lines

shawnoc

I still like the first one best.
(Except for the notes facing the right direction).

rtoyota

I feel exactly the same as MyNameIsVex.

MyNameIsVex

Yay. Someone agrees with me!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us