• posted Feb 21, 2007
  • 53 Comments

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Hey - just an idea I had about the Rapunzel hair-climbing being a really good idea on paper, but actually just being painful. The text is temporary, but I just want to see if the idea is any good.

shirtflirt

hahah, that would hurt, wouldn't it?

i would wear a shirt that had shit on it. would threadless print it?

keep going, i wanna see some colours

steven218
steven218 profile pic Alumni

looks good so far, i'd like it if the text remain 'pasted' on like a cutout.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I'm going to crack on and submit a version 2 then see what people think

The Ending

I agree that the drawing should look as realistic as it does now with the comic style text you have now. Maybe have the hair REALLY long so the guy is climbing from the bottom of the shirt and Rapunzel is right at the top. Please leave some suggestions on my critique. I scratch your back... you scratch mine wink wink, nudge nudge.

http://www.threadless.com/critique/643/They_Called_It_Social_Science

takedown777

idk....i think it would be better without the text. otherwise i like the idea.

Alebot

I think not text would be better, too. Enough agony on her face would convey the message just fine.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

You are a good drawerererer.

jrmasm
jrmasm profile pic Alumni

maybe symbols "%@!*" instead of words . Now that'd be pretty funny. Nice drawing though.

Ali Meander

Good idea, and some good suggestions here, too. I would've had the poor thing lying crumpled on the ground with the prince still holding her braid with a "wow, that didn't work at all" expression on his face. I don't think that would see on here, though.

helo

-^o = prince in the middle of pulling on her hair saying, " oops ! "
- - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\ = the rest of Rapunzel's hair reaching all the way to the bottom
- - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .___ 'R-P = horse waiting at the bottom

phones

i think you should make it be her beard hair that he's climbing up

and he's just realise and is almost letting go from shock

phones

*realised

helo

Sorry, I screwed up on my previous post. Here's what I was
trying to show you :

If you're still brainstorming around this idea, could
we see what it would look like if the prince accidentally
pulled her out of the window by her long hair?

Something like :

- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - - =-)0 = Rapunzel as she just started falling out of the window
- - - - -..\<br /> - - - - -..\<br /> - - - - -..\<br /> - - - - -..\ = her long hair braided like rope
- - - - -..\<br /> - - - - -..\<br /> - - - - -..\<br /> - - - - -..\<br /> - - - - -..\<br /> - - - - -..\<br /> - - - - -..\<br /> - - - - - =-^o = prince in the middle of pulling on her hair saying, " oops ! "
- - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\ = the rest of Rapunzel's hair reaching all the way to the bottom
- - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - - . . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .\<br /> - - - - -. . . .___ 'R-P = horse waiting at the bottom

helo

Awesome idea phones ! ! :)

helo

fatheed,

maybe you could do four funny Rapunzel designs
and put them all on a shirt in a 2x2 format.

helo

or 3 side by side

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Just though I'd post what I have so far. The wording is still far from decided, so any suggestions will be appreciated. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

The Ending

looking great. I think you should have more of the wall drawn in like the sketch!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Hey, now everyone across the Atlantic is awake, I wondered what you thought and where I should go with it. Cheers.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I need to know what you chaps think. I'm stallin', baby!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I still need your help/thoughts.

TheTruthIsOutThere

I like "Get a ladder." I also liked how you had more of the wall shown in the sketch. Could you try it on some different color backgrounds? The green is fine, but I was just wondering how it would look on another color.

joshhupp

Know what might be really funny? She's got scissors out and saying something like "use the door!"

lunchboxbrain
lunchboxbrain profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Let's see of that brick work in there.

fishfish

i dont know, how about her looking at him when she is talking instead of into nothingness, i also think the hair should trail off the shirt

fishfish

also, she is holding a man with the power of her neck, make it look like it

kissmeimshitfaced

i think some swearing would really make it funny... just cuz its a kids story and you wouldnt imagine her saying 'fuck' or anything... but i doubt it would get printed then... i love the idea

kissmeimshitfaced

oh yeah like fishfish said, eyes need to be looking down

kissmeimshitfaced

maybe have her neck twisted appropriately with the pull of the guy

J-Ray

the placement needs to be on the right side, that gives it depth

tharsis

i'm not really liking it on a green shirt, it makes her remind me too much of the hulk/princess fiona from shrek

icebar

joshhupp's idea is really funny, like she is threatening him with the scissors right next to her hair and saying "use the door!", that's hilarious. have her look at the guy, not up at the sky. and draw more of the building.

APcaitZ

I like "get a ladder" but not crazy about the green skin and the choppy edging

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

thanks guys. I'll revisit this idea soon, after having taken a break from it, and I'll try to apply some of your ideas.

Mr. Gomez

looking good! I agree with everyone else about the neck and the eyes, oh and it really needs to show pain and effort cause that for sure would hurt as hell.

Looking forward to see the final result!!!

rebecca832

I think the placement would be better on the other side of the shirt...

mostly because I think the word bubble is one of the most important things the eye should see, and it would be easier if it was toward the middle of the shirt.

Also... the princess is looking toward the left... and there is like a rule that says the design should be on the right if the main person is looking ot the left... (does that make sense? sorry)

stardance

I think you should fix the expression on her face so that she actually looks in pain. It's weird how she's looking off to the left.

ilovetomasb

dude this is hillarious. i liked the fact that she was cursing because shes supposed to be such an elegant creature.. like you wouldnt want your princess going around saying shit

maybe you could have say get a damn ladder

i dunno.. i thikn the swearing is funny. and i agree with the previous post, her facial expression just looks like shes yelling.. she needs to be more angry or in pain

i would totally buy it though if it gets chosen.

i dont quite know how i feel about the placement..

Gaijin21

"Stop pulling my hair" or how about her with scissors in her hand ready to cut it off...?

Krycke

Nice Idea... I'm eager to see the next version. Agreeing to the following: More bricks in the wall, more expression in her face and no shrek-green faces :)

Don't relly like the Ladder text... More anger. Maybe you can view the open door at the bottom of the wall which means the "hero" choose to climb her hair anyway... (All the books tells him he is supposed to climb the hair...) Maybe you can have him say "I'm sorry love, but the book told me to..."

kingforaday

im diggin it.. eagar to see what comes next

emdent

you can't really see pain in her face

emdent

plus, there's the shadow of her hair on the castle, but there's no shadow on her dress

Krycke

"plus, there's the shadow of her hair on the castle, but there's no shadow on her dress"

The light is on the left side of the design, making the hero and the hair cast a shadow... The dresses shadow would be placed inside the castle.

emdent

no i mean the shadow of the hair should be on the dress

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I know what you mean. I have quite a way to go on this one, but its been demoted for a while. In the time being, keep the dream alive by giving my latest sub five dollars :) Love you x

Krycke

Yey fatheed your links works :)

I've already $5 that submission... Now I want to see some new stuff :) I'm waiting to see v3. I know it's going to be a good one. :)

Skipper17

great concept

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us