One second...

Yggdrasil

Watch this
AnderMoore

Is anyone familiar with the myth?

Alebot

Nope.

AnderMoore

Well, that's fortunate, since the design wasn't based on it from the beginning; I just wanted to make a design that involved this coastal tree I used to see on the drive to school.
But it's reminiscent of the Norse tree of mythology, even if it's not an ash.

I like it on chocolate the most.

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

yeah I know the myth .. cool interpretation of it too

streetwise
streetwise profile pic Alumni

nice looking image/concept.

mag391

um so are you gonna explain the myth?

AnderMoore

Oh. Simply, Yggdrasil is the Norse ash tree that holds the realms together.
Indeed.

AnderMoore

It's not exactly a diagram that adheres to history, but it is reminiscent.
And more relevant in being such.

Odelay

I like the gray.

lizzratt

So happy to see it made it.

cheers_its_chloe

I know the myth
I'm glad you said it didn't adhere to history (the tree is mirrored underneath and circles all around again....but you already knew that) :]

really love it. 5.

dieddead46

it's a nice design, but it does look a little live traced.

m.j.reilly

I think this design is brilliant, especially in brown.

warwickswr

Badass design and concept. Norse mythology never gets recognition, and it should. Very interesting. Grey looks best, but all of them are good.

ItsPoozin

So I made my account on here just so I could score it. Major kudos for making a tshirt with the coolest tree ever on it. You know what i'm talking about.

Nudge nudge.
wink wink?
Awkward.

Omair

I knew that soudned farmiliar.

PDA

its like a baobaob :)

omgGenoc1de

oh my lord. i lvoe this. i want to buy it fucking now

Laureon

...Does it have anything to do with Yggdrasil?

This design is so freakin' sweet, love it. Brown and gray are definately my favorite colors there.

AnderMoore

Does anyone think it should be smaller on the shirt?

sunlover1975

no I think the size is ok

backtozero

I am not familiar with the myth... but before you said there was a myth involved, I thought it was like this:

It is said that the Amazon Forests, mainly from Brazil, are the lungs of the Earth. I thought that was your design all about:: there was a tree (that's interestingly shaped like Brazil!!) and there's the Earth.

ANyway, cool design, best on brown!! :D

jhodge01

I hate the circle around the earth and every color combo involving it. But I love the earth/tree combo.

AnderMoore

That's my favorite part... But alright.

AnderMoore

The design looks particularly empty without it...

Noobits

I am familiar with the myth. Isn't something supposed to be chewing the roots away while the fates knot ot knit them back together.?

AnderMoore

Nidhogg? Indeed. Yggdrasil is "the tree that suffers" and, again, the design does not adhere to mythological diagrams, but it is reminiscent.

AnderMoore

I'd also need Vidofnir the eagle at the top and Ratatosk the squirrel running between the eagle and Nidhogg spreading gossip and carrying insults between them.
But... I wasn't aiming for an accurate diagram of the Nine Realms of Norse mythology.

timeismoney123

awesome circle awesome shirt one of my favorites man i wsh i could get the ones i like immediately lol cool stuff

Glorifiedg

Cholcolate 5. Not as much a fand of the other colors.

Amanda Pi

blah blah blah blah. Awesome shirt.

AnderMoore

Dang Ji Ching! Obviously.

Noobits

Ok cool. I love mythology of the Nordic variety among others

techierain

makes me think of the little prince.

Brisco

I saw the title and thought TALES OF SYMPHONIA! That game is basically my entire knowledge of the myth. Which I realize probably has little to do with the real myth.

On the right there looks like there is a big gap where leaves should be. That's just my opinion though.

ebennet

i love everything about this design. don't change anything, and i agree that chocolate is the best. $5

lepetitgarcon

i love this, great colors!

stardance

It looks nothing like a baobab

et2006

I like it, especially on the brown. Haha and the title was the name of my school's yearbook....random.

lizzratt

It is clear to me that Threadless in it's entirety SUCKS ASS. For some of the shirts to make it to print and others not at all...just another "Popularity" site. I'll not be back. Consider getting a Cafe' press site to put your shirt designs on. That way, folks can get them whether threadless likes them or not.

No account?
Join Us