One second...

The Greatest American Hunter

• by aled
  • posted Feb 15, 2007
  • 49 Comments

Watch this
aled
aled profile pic Alumni

This is effectively version 7 and I've stroked the outline to give it a bit more body. Just want to see what anyone thinks. All opinions valued!

realslimnatey

ooh fatheed, you make me wanna leave the one im with and start a new relationship with you, this is what you do

Petanca

I think the white outline is fine, but the gray isn't working with the fence in the background. The fence is cool.

secondplacescientist

lol. I agree with the comment before me. the gray isn't working.
but besides that it's greattttt.

PoPoJiJo

I love the previous 2 versions, but I don't like smoke gray lines from the bbq and I like the white outlines but I don't like the gray either it needs to be smaller or not at all it just looks awkward

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Thanks for your help. I've scrapped the second grey stroke, I've flattened the fence to a front elevation and got rid of the crappy BBQ 'smoke'. What do you guys think of the light blue base?

apgk777

what if you put little bit red paint to sausage (i think it is not very clear not)...i mean... its easy get that its sausage, but would be better, probably if it has color.
Good that you took smoke out. Now its better.
But color of t-shirt i don't like much. When it brighter it give more emotions to pic. its my opinion :)

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

oki doki, thanks. The only thing is, I need to use a colout which is light enough to be used as the shade colour on the skin and clothes. Will be back soon with an alternative colour. In the time being, please leave comments so I can improve further. Thank you.

apgk777

there is one your Version was on green.... it was good! not so light and in the same time enough bright! what do you think?

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

yeah, I think the green got buried. It was a bit too much. I'm just trying out a few mopre options. Back soon.

apgk777

please.... check out my last design also. I really need comments. As everybody here

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I know someone is going to commit a hate-crime because of this, but here it is on pink.

apgk777

well.... :) if compair pink and light blue..... Light blue is much better

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Ok, I think it works pacific blue. This is the only dark colour it can work with. Red is a bit too intense. Let me know what you think of the colour, and also, whether you can spot anything else that needs to be changed. Thanks

Raid71
Raid71 profile pic Alumni

I really like this illustration... there's only one thing, you have these lovely shadows everywhere except for the ground... things seem to be floating especially the man and woman

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Ok raid, thanks. I experimented with shadow earlier, but left it. Back in a tick with some shadow.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I wanted to avoid using halftones, but its essential here given my colour options on the Pacific blue shirt. Let me know if you think this is an improvement. Thanks for you help!

J-Ray

good composition.

SemantiTheft

Something about the shadows seem so blobular, but I'm not all that sure you need them to begin with. Perhaps I'm just a stickler, but the shadows would suggest that the sun is somewhere around noon hight and intensity, which would tell me there should be one for the eagle and boy as well. I rather liked it better without the shadows... perhaps just a little bit of grass outline to ground them.

That being said, I bow ever so low to you! I'd really appreciate any feedback you have regarding my submission, the rough draft of which I will be posting in critique a bit later.

Best of luck! I'll be shocked if this isn't printed!

The Ending

lose the shadows and bingo!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

haha. I guess I can't please everyone. I might play around with grass or something, or I might just sub without shadows. Your comments are very useful to me, so please say what you think.

Petanca

I like the shadows, and I love the pacific blue I think it's the best option for the background.

The Ending

could you maybe put the design on a lighter blue shirt so you can than use a darker blue as shadows. (swap the blues kinda)

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

It's true. Ok, well... back ny popular demand, its the light blue shirt, possibly with dark blue shadows...

The Ending

Lol but i think the point is... your design is awesome so dont just do what we say. Whatever you finish on is going to look great so feel free to ignore my suggestions.

Petanca

But I want the pàcific blue with brown shadows!!
(just kidding, these are minor details, the concept is cool as the drawing=

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Lol, cheers dude

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I think these are the colours options I'm going to submit. I've made the shadows a friendly round shape. Let me know what you think of this. Thanks

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

this is so good - and brings back many childhood memories.

TAZL

I wonder if it would work better without shadows? I dunno. But that's a minor detail... In general, I love it. It's so.. twisted-Americana. Heehehehee....

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Ok, The last time I bother you guys with this sub. I hope. Just want to know what people think about the shadow on the ground. Please say, with or without.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

without

I think

Mr. Wander

sans shadow, or solid colour shadows. The switch from solid to half tones is jarring.

The Ending

With round shadows and sub! :-D gunna 5$ all the way

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Without shadows it is. Please nobody comment on the lask of shadows once this is submitted! :)

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Oh, man. I'll let a few more people give their opinions, then I'll sub it. Hopefully, either way, this will not be an important element!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

bumping for opinions. Then I'm outta your hair.

canadianbeaver

With, but no shadow for flying kid please.

TAZL

I like without! But I guess you already had my opinion

TAZL

And I'm looking forward to giving a $5 when it's up :)

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I'm going to put shadows in. Sorry to the no shadow people. I think its a minor thing in the overall scheme of thing - plus, it gives the elements a physical context (position in relation to each other), and it helps the eye with the perspective. Thats what I think. Moreover - I think the half-tone sits comfortably alongside the polkadot detail on the girl and the lady. So there!

Petanca

yeah! I won!

J-Ray

The middle shadow under the hot dog looks pretty weird. You should leave them in but take that shadow out -- since the object is so high in the air, that shadow probably wouldn't be as defined as the others.

andyg
andyg profile pic Alumni

Fantastic!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

J-Ray, the smaller shadow is actually for the eagle and as it is pretty big, but higher, the shadow is not as large or clearly defined. Thanks for the thoughts, chaps.

PoPoJiJo

I've never seen round shadows like that before....but I like the concept of the shadows overall as it gives them context - however I agree with J-ray that the middle shadow needs to go

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Now subbed, with no centre shadow! This is some kind of compromise between all opinions - but hopefully, it won't matter too much when it comes to the vote :)

dustindp

the hotdog she's dropping is confusing. how about a drink?

No account?
Join Us