Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
jwalsh
jwalsh profile pic Alumni

i think they were looking for something cutting edge and different for that contest, and although his designs are always awesome its very typical of threadless prints now mainly cause hes had so many printed!!

thats my guess at least

LesterF

i think threadless is threatened by Glennz's talent

jwalsh
jwalsh profile pic Alumni

threatened? what do you mean?

snittleface

he has talent but i would never wear any of his designs. not my cup of tea!

LesterF

they think if they print too many of his designs, he'll leave threadless and try to make it on his own. they want to keep him in check and under control so they can make more money. they know he's the best, but they don't want to let him know

foolioiglesias

His designs make too much sense.

LesterF

i hope there's a new Glennz print come monday

Roostersauce

....what are you talking about??

he is out on his own
his a proffesional graphic designer
he does this as a side thing to make some extra cash

LesterF

roostersauce, he's not making shirts on his own yet is he? that;s what i'm getting at

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

you're a fake account right? You're trying too hard to be a fucking moron to be for real.

LesterF

snittleface, why don't you like Glennz's designs? he's the master of design!

snittleface

his main goal isn't to make shirts or he would make a business out of it... HE'S A GRAPHIC DESIGNER.

LesterF

bananaphone, watch the language. i'm just being me. i'm real. i'm not sure why people get so upset over my comments though

snittleface

I already figured that out matt.

And no, I don't think he's the master of anything. He's good, just not my taste.

LesterF

bananaphone, i really resent your name calling. it's really inappropriate in this blog forum

Roostersauce

and anyways... the more he gets printed the least chance hes going to "go out and make his own shirts"

what is wrong with your brain?

bananaphone

I don't think glennz is even a graphic designer, he wasn't when i talked to him ages ago though he may have gotten a gig by now.

And you're real alright, a real tool.

lemonalle

-------SPACE BELOW RESERVED FOR OFFICE USE ONLY-------

J-Ray

Doesn't Glenzz have enough prints already? I don't even like them... they're so Sunday Funnies.

foolioiglesias

Glenn Jones — Creative Director

"Graphic design is constantly evolving, standards are always being raised, driving everyone to aim for a higher level. There's always something new to challenge and discover "

Beginning his career as a designer/illustrator in the early 90's, Glenn has worked for design studios in Auckland and more recently London, gaining experience on a number of well known brands. Glenn returned home in 2003 and took up what was to be a one week freelance job at Dashwood Design. He never left and is now a permanent member of our experienced creative team.

LesterF

J-Ray, i can't believe what your saying!!!

Noobits

oh dear............

repubblica

i dont own a single glennz tshirt. i dont like his designs

LesterF

repubblica, have you no taste for good design?

fc gravy

i always thought he wasn't human but he's real and has a job somewhere. this is him at his job,

bananaphone

I don't know if thats the same glenn jones though, it would certainly make sense but last time I talked to him he wasnt working in design or he was bsing.

bananaphone

So let me get this straight lester, none of my work is good design but glennz work is, and you know better than anyone else. I see.

LesterF

i really think Glennz could be making a mint if he ever figured out he could sell shirts on his own

LesterF

bananaphone, are you suggesting that your work is better than Glennz?

repubblica

lester, have you ever heard of subjectivity?

snittleface

Figure it out?... it's pretty simple if you really wanted to.

You deleted your other blog, so I will tell you again.

I don't like you.

foolioiglesias

When and where did bananaphone ever suggest anything like that?

LesterF

snittleface, i deleted the other blog, because I can't keep upwith both.

LesterF

KBSShakedown, that language is inappropriate

repubblica

i actually prefer b-phone's designs over glennz's. at least they're not dull-looking.

bananaphone

"i really think Glennz could be making a mint if he ever figured out he could sell shirts on his own"

Yeah you're right, Glennz couldn't POSSIBLY have thought about printing t-shirts himself.

Yee Gads! You are the first one to ever think of it!

Shut up now and hurt your own face.

LesterF

dull-looking?

LesterF

bananphone, maybe you can ask Glennz to give you a few design pointers that could benefit you as an artist. i think it's a good idea

Roostersauce

im pretty sure tshirt making isnt like the pinaccle of graphic design. like every artist is like...oh man i should really start making tshirts

bananaphone

glennz designs do nothing but purely represent whatever concept he has come up with in a clean way. It works for him and I respect what he does, but for those that want something more than a cleanly illustrated concept, they need to find something elsewhere.

d3d
d3d profile pic Alumni

glennz is off form lately. i'm a big admirer of his stuff when he's on fire but all his recent subs have been kind of bland. everyone else has evolved and his stuff has become dull by comparison.

Roostersauce

yo lester straight up
take a look at your own design

bananaphone

I have a pinaccle of graphic design.... In my pants...

J-Ray

Lester is my hero... he gets under everyone's (that is, Bananaphone) skin by simply being reasonable, and without resorting to name-calling or rudeness. Go Lester!

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

i don't agree with this blog being made at all, and i'm positive lester is a fake account, but i feel like it's unfair to glennz for this to be a collective "i don't like glennz's designs" blog, just to antagonize this lester person.

LesterF

thank you J-Ray. I'm just trying to praise an artist I admire on here. I'm not sure why other people have to resort to such childish and vulgar remarks.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?