Close
One second...

Emergence

• by TAZL
  • posted Feb 09, 2007
  • 33 Comments

Hmm.. With this design I tried to work "with" the color of the shirt, instead of "against" it, as a lot of people suggested.

I'm still trying to figure out what kinds of designs go over well here, so I dunno... just throwing this out there!

I would to hear your opinions, no matter how brutal, :), so please leave a note!

Watch this
TAZL

Hmm.. With this design I tried to work "with" the color of the shirt, instead of "against" it, as a lot of people suggested.

I'm still trying to figure out what kinds of designs go over well here, so I dunno... just throwing this out there!

I would to hear your opinions, no matter how brutal, :), so please leave a note!

Petanca

This is very nice, great job!

Petanca

I'm looking again... does it have a boxy end in the top? because in that case that would really ruin it for m, but you can fix that easily

ladykat
ladykat profile pic Alumni

I LOVE it except for the boxy edges at top... if you could change/remove some parts of the tree so that the top is more rounded, that'd be awesome!

TAZL

Yeah, I totally see that, now that I put it on the shirt. That won't be hard to fix.

TAZL

Tried to "un-rectangle-ize" the edges..?

Petanca

Just let the edges die where the trees start

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

This is great, really really great

ya betcha

wicked awesome - sub

jwalsh
jwalsh profile pic Alumni

awesome work....

MooseDinner

It looks really good, I especially like the bird, but there's not enough for me to want to buy it. There doesn't seem to be a message, and it's not funny or weird.

TheIntern

Where's your concept? They used to make shirts like this, but they had wolves or horses on them, and geeks wore them. You've got good illustration skills.

TAZL

MooseDinner and TheIntern, I see what you're saying, I mean it's not a "comedy shirt".

I'd like to think it qualifies as more of a "pretty shirt", and threadless does print some of these.. but, y'know, like I said, I'm just throwing it out there. No sweat. :)

TheIntern

Get conceptual, and you'll be walking away with 1500 bucks in your pocket

TAZL

switches brain to "conceptual mode".. ahahh yeah I think I need to just sit down and think of some more clever ideas.

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

concept schmoncept

jrmasm
jrmasm profile pic Alumni

Tazl-my .02-love the colors, think the illustration is great. would do a little more with the water. the scribblies (i'm just making up words now) that make up the water need a little work. they don't match up . they seem a little lazy compared to the rest.

MooseDinner

I think you should sub it if you haven't. It's a very good illustration, even though not everybody here loves it. There's no harm in subbing it, right?

kanary.

i fell in love with this one the second i saw it

Dogma

I wouldn't buy it because it simply isn't appealing to me. It's great though and I'm sure plenty of people would. The shading of the bird looks great for only a couple of colors.

drmtama2

this would look mighty nice on DAKOTA SLATE

:)

TAZL

Mmyeah... I submitted the v2, but it got declined. I guess I'll try and rework it some more, so I'd love some suggestions.

Juxtipostion

I'd buy it in a second. Nice job.

Gwendyyy

it's really beautiful

Sky206298

this is truly beautiful.

Seabasss
Seabasss profile pic Alumni

nice mood

nanahachi

i'm going to have to buy this. the trees and the colors are just awesome. terrific bird too. great job!

TheTruthIsOutThere

I can't believe it got declined! I really like it. It doesn't need to be funny to be good.

Babzilla

Thats an amazing shirt. Man, I need money because I so wanna buy it! :x

tharsis

i would totally buy this as is, but since it got declined, does the bird's tail cut off at the edge of the design? because if it does, it might be better to have the tail continue out of the rest of the design, so it's less like a circle...(i hope that makes sense)

alxandrasw

I have no idea what to change, I love it the way it is. Perhaps if you could intensify some of the colors so it would pop more. I am bummed it got declined, some of the stuff that gets thru is crap and this is truly beautiful!

THEY

Doesn't really do it for me as a shirt. It's a fantastic illustration though. Beautiful work.

No account?