Close
One second...

Rhinos Hunt In Packs

Hello. An idea I've got for a Threadless Loves competition. Borrowing the concept from one of my previous designs - just thought I'd put it out there before I ink it incase anyone thinks anything needs to be done.

FYI, the Rhino, top left is a flat 'scenery' Rhino. No Rhinos were hurt in the making of this design.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
aled

Hello. An idea I've got for a Threadless Loves competition. Borrowing the concept from one of my previous designs - just thought I'd put it out there before I ink it incase anyone thinks anything needs to be done.

FYI, the Rhino, top left is a flat 'scenery' Rhino. No Rhinos were hurt in the making of this design.

aled

I obviously don't expect anyone to want this to be submitted quite yet.

reallyreallyawesomeguy

I think that this is a great design, I am excited to see colors, etc.

speedyjvw

sweet concept cant wait to see it done

ISABOA

great job fathead

grypesagon

lol that's awesome. I'd buy it. :-)

aled

Cheers dudes. Keep a watch on it and comment again when I've added some foliage and inked and coloured it.

artdrops

Very nice line work and concept fatheed!

grypesagon

lol one step ahead. it's already added to my list.

Kojima

placement?

SEVEN-HUNDRED

Nice - great idea. Kinda like raptors in Jurassic Park.

"Hmm, Clever girl..." Dies horrible death

apgk777

how about if you have a baby rhino being aimed at

rudra

you might want to adjust the mock-rhino a smidge and show the wood brace behind it to make that more obvious to the viewer - although color may help there without adjusting it

J-Ray

nice to see someone submit a sketch into critiques!

Destined2Rock

Love it! I can't wait to see the finished version, and if it ever gets printed, I will definitely buy one. It's awesome.

aled

Cheers. I'm really busy this weekend, so won't be able to do it until Monday/Tuesday and I really want to crack on with it. Bed time now though!

aled

Ok, I got a chance to ink it. Now I need to decide whether or not to but in that tree - top centre, and whether to remove the large bush infront of the decoy rhino. Opinions valued!

Petanca

Wow! this looks really promissing, it's funny and well executed. I'd take the bush away and the tree, there is already a lot of elements and i don't think they ad anything to the scene. Can't wait to see the develpment of this!

grypesagon

your line art is great. I'm not that smooth with mine. :-) I'm with Pet about the plants. However it would really depend on what color you see this on. If you see a green background then the line art for the plants would be good as a transparency so they add the sense of plane that will be lost without the grid lines. But if you were going to color the plants in at the end then I'd recommend against them. However it might be foolish to remove them so early on. I'd loose the fluffy one right next to the rhino regardless though.

Just sayin. :-) I can't wait for this one.

grypesagon

Oh and you should go peek at my newest blog thread. I could use some help picking my next project.

aled

I'm going to proceed sans plant-life, but will try to use shadow to create the flat, serengeti-at-low-sun feel. Also - could help in the concept if the decoy Rhino was slightly silhouetted to the would-be poachers.

Edword

So I guess Chapter two of your book will be on development of an idea. Man you've got some sketching and line work skills, I can't wait to watch this concept to completion. I know someone else asked but what do you seeing the placement being?

aled

Centre on the chest. It's a classic, I'm sure you'll agree. I don't know to be honest. Maybe I'll put that to the public, but Ill probably end up going for the missionary position of t-shirt placements.

grypesagon

The only other option I could see besides centering would be to make the herd centered and the decoy up on the shoulder.

aled

Hmm... interesting. Well, I promise I'll play around with it nearer the time and the people will have their voice.

aled

Digital part has now started in earnest. I'm now off on a stag weekend, so can't do anymore, but I thought I'd leave you with my base colour choices. Loads still to do and 2 other colours to pick. Cheers.

aled

Digital part has now started in earnest. I'm now off on a stag weekend, so can't do anymore, but I thought I'd leave you with my base colour choices. Loads still to do and 2 other colours to pick. Cheers.

grypesagon

i like the choices so far :-)

arzie13

I can't wait to see this finished. Excellent.

melhel86

yep I'd just add some detail (shading etc.) with the second colors and you are on your way to great sub congrats!

Edword

looks great so far.

Petanca

Noooo, we want more!
looking great so far

FlicketySplit

i like it, but dont make the design big on the shirt, please! OHHH! i just had an idea, what if you wrapped it around the side of the shirt? so on the bottom on the from of the shirt it is the guys shooting the fake rhino, and then hiding around the other side are the real rhinos getting ready to pounce? do rhinos pounce? anywho, that might be fun! i do really like the direction you are going and i would love to buy that sketch, its so nice.

jacob dehart

I love it! Put the plants in!

staffell

fantastic illustration

ISABOA

this is soo good.

TheIntern

I like it dude. Can you put back in the sketchy architect like style. Dug that. It's up to you, just thought that might separate it from the pack a bit.

OHgiraffe

Neeeds the plant. It's fantastic. I'd 5 & $ fo' sho.

TAZL

It's looking amazing!!

apgk777

how abt if you make that jeep a right hand drive :)

tRaSH_PaRADiSE

the rhinos need stripes or spots

WanderingBert

This is coming along great, looking forward to the final.

sinwon

the rhino need a team jersey, with numbers, maybe names as well at the back haha. now tats a team of rhinos

Jemae
1 design submitted - Score now!

Love to see more details on rhinos! Anyway great design! =)

grypesagon

I love when people comment without reading even the artists posts. :-)

plastikaa

looking amazing... can't wait to see it complete

tfsr

Stick the plants back in.
This is absolutely awesome.

stinksmcgee

i miss the plants, but i love this shirt.

stinksmcgee

well, the potential shirt.

Ueno

awesome drawing on the rhinos!!! (this is probably why im too scared of perspective + background) but the vehicle + decoy rhino and the actual rhinos seem to be on a different perspective.. but eh its too late to give that critique now.. and i know you probably worked like nuts on the thing given you even had a grid.. anyway, good luck! very promising sub! :)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?