Close
One second...

whale spirals

• by tixielix
  • posted Feb 06, 2007
  • 32 Comments

this was inspired by a documentary i was watching where the whales would blow bubbles in spirals to round up krill.. and then they swim up the spiral to get to the concentrated krill in the center - i thought it was neat :D

its not showing up as clear but the whales are actually in 3 different shades of near black for sense of depth

Watch this
tixielix
tixielix profile pic Alumni

this was inspired by a documentary i was watching where the whales would blow bubbles in spirals to round up krill.. and then they swim up the spiral to get to the concentrated krill in the center - i thought it was neat :D

its not showing up as clear but the whales are actually in 3 different shades of near black for sense of depth

bsweber
bsweber profile pic Alumni

bubble netting sweet. nice illustration. reminds me of dna.

nessness

I love this - would make a great kids shirt too

Cooni

Ok you finally got me!! I signed up simply so i can rate this shirt. Big juicy 5 bucks from me. You know i have a soft spot for whales! Next time design an orca one..

martialstudy

Good grief Tixielix!! I'd have bought 4 of your last 5 shirts!
This and the fox are my favs.

If threadless doesn't take something of yours soon, it'll be a travesty. Keep 'um coming!

yourcocaptain

so cute, i want to wear this!

SEVEN-HUNDRED

Nice, i'd prefer it tho if the whales weren't facing down quite so much, maybe if they were a little more horizontal

Smithrc

I've really enjoyed all of your designs- would have purchased any of them! I want to wear this, but I'd love to get to vote on another hedgehog creation...

TAZL

I love this! $5 all the way, it's great on both colors, too.

kidpahl

it looks a bit like a sea world shirt though :(

LeRoi

I love the placement.

kimmh15

this is amazing.... i had a what t-shirt when i was little, but this one is soo much better... totally $5

kristin10s

this is a cool shirt and i think a lot of your designs are awesome kids shirts : )

SuzannaM

It's better than any Greenpeace shirt so far :D

A bit like DNA, but that doesn't matter, it's lovely.

hotchiproll

i think its a little to 'dolphin-ey' for whales?? they dont really swim like that.. or are they dying?

tixielix

hotchiproll, watch some nature docos on whale behaviour - especially ne that shows whale spirals and u'll kno wat i mean

kxb5512

I'll pretty much buy anything with a cetacean on it. Also, humpbacks are my FAVOURITE. $5.

bruner

i like the bubbles!!!!

petitepeachykeen

Great Job!!! Yeah for animals! so fun

Pixilate

I really like it. Definably would by. Great work.

blueberrymoose

I, too, joined threadless simply to rate this shirt. Love it.

The topmost humpback looks a little odd (the way he's moving just doesn't seem to line up with the bubble trail), but I'd still buy the shirt!

Girl.Jack

Dood, I saw that documentary. Good design, but a little generic. If you faded the bubbles into DNA, however, that would be awesome.

tixielix

thanx for the comments gys! much appreciated

papajoey

The whales look a little skinny. Maybe theyre suppose to be that way?

Quag
Quag profile pic Alumni

$5

itgirlragdoll3

Very cool inspiration. I like the idea about the bubbles turning into DNA...not sure what it would "mean", but it sounds pretty damned interesting. I'd buy it.

Pat_Tee

DNA doesn't make sense to me. If anything there should be a humerous picture of some krill being mesmerised by the bubbles, about to get swallowed up.

b.ran

I want this too, oh man it's so sweet!

White_Noise

I love this it is awesome!! very creative :)

No account?
Join Us