Kookaburra's Perch

• by ryeofcali
  • posted Feb 06, 2007
  • 40 Comments

One version of an Australian Aboriginal legend is that when the sun rose for the first time, the god Bayame ordered the kookaburra to cry out its loud call so that mankind would not miss the beautiful sunrise.

In the present, we don't have time for sunrises and kookaburras. There are many other ways nature is crying out for help to us right now. And if we don't take heed, the kookaburra may very well be crying out its loud call to our bones instead of our ears.

For Close up, feel free to check out my PROFILE. Thanks!

Watch this
ryeofcali
ryeofcali profile pic Alumni

One version of an Australian Aboriginal legend is that when the sun rose for the first time, the god Bayame ordered the kookaburra to cry out its loud call so that mankind would not miss the beautiful sunrise.
In the present, we don't have time for sunrises and kookaburras. There are many other ways nature is crying out for help to us right now. And if we don't take heed, the kookaburra may very well be crying out its loud call to our bones instead of our ears.

For Close up, feel free to check out my PROFILE. Thanks!

Masterpeace

i think its look fab if place on a real tee. nice illus!

Rambunkcious

that looks like a macaw...i really like this design dont get me wrong i think its awesome, but kookaburras looks differnt

Rambunkcious

oh man im a dumbass i didnt see the kookaburra i just saw the other bird.....DISREGARD!

LionelM

That's really nice.

Kimmyrox

I like it alot, especially the bird on the right, I'd almost prefer a blow up of that but still, $5!

mag391

wow, really nice. i have a feeling something of yours will be printed soon.

PrettyGarbage

Gorgeous. I especially like the softness of the colors here!

DON GONZO

not a fan of the skulls , i like pants instead. peace

GoldenWasp

I like this a lot. 5 and buy.

R_G
R_G profile pic Alumni

nice

phones

hahahaha i love Kookaburras! weeeeeeee!

jwalsh
jwalsh profile pic Alumni

nice i like it!

BORN2SHOPLC

wow, concidering the amount of skull tees there are there isn't many I like. But this one is really beautiful. $5..I would give it more but sadly I cannot.

ryeofcali

thank you guys for your support! yeah, i'm not one to do skulls either, but i found a way to do 'em without comprimising my dignity! :P

Rambunkcious

kookaburras fun to say

i still like this design skulls and all but i like skulls....its very Cezanne

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

This is lovely. I would prefer the bottom skull & bird placed elsewhere though, maybe the back or sleeve? 4

Ersind

That's definitely not a kookaburra.

Ersind

Oh, there it is. It blends into the skull a lot.

hotchiproll

pants?? hey yeah, this would look HOT up the leg of some jeans!

thomasucks

GREAT design and colors..(i think it could be better without the brown shadow under the skulls)

mindtrance

this looks great, nice job mate.

Kojima
Kojima profile pic Alumni

I love the intricate detail

kayne

Ah, no body has mentioned the european/northern hemisphere style flowers with the Aussie kookaburra. Maybe it takes an Australian to notice that it's a bit odd (although those plants have been introduced here so it could happen, just not as a dream-time story).
I like this anyway!

CheesecakeBree

Wow, I really like this. Nice detail and minimal use of color... beautiful.

fulekkei

YES SO GOOD MONEY 5$

please for the love of god more designs like this

ryeofcali

thanks guys again!

terminalannex

A million times yes.
I wish there was a $10 button. ; ;

No account?
Join Us