Close
One second...

Baltimore!

I'm in Baltimore, MD for a couple weeks taking a class. So far, the only thing I have to report is that it's freaking cold up here. How do you people live in this kind of weather during the winter?

Any recommendations on things to do in the Baltimore/DC area? Thanks.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Stevethegreat

ME TOO

it's really really cold right now.

GO TO THE VISIONARY ART MUSEUM

mooseinmyshoe

OH YES!!

frank warren will be there on the 14th!

i want to go see him sooooo bad!!

DarthG

sweet....i have this weekend completely free......i'll check out the art museum......thanks.....

DarthG

any place in the area to see some good, live music?....

Stevethegreat

if you've never been to baltimore definitely go into the inner harbor.

also dc has great free museums.

DarthG

i'm leaving on the 17th.....i should have time to drop by on the 14th......

mooseinmyshoe

rams head

GREAT live music

Stevethegreat

oh man!

yo la tengo is playing at Sonar on Friday!

mooseinmyshoe

i was supposed to go to red jump suit at sonar last friday when we got into the accident!

sonar is my FAVORITE club

930 is alright, but not as casual as sonar

mooseinmyshoe

its so nice. i met Sugarcult and The Spill Canvas. it's smal, but there's never a really big turn out.

DarthG

so Sonar is in downtown Baltimore? sweet! thanks for the recommendations guys......

hannabear

wow i almost had a small heart attack because that looked a lot like this part of my campus which coincidentally is in Baltimore.

so yeah, inner harbor, see some concerts, museums, i've heard tthe Edgar Allan Poe House & museum is kind of cool if you're into that kind of thing...there's always a lot going on. this has a lot of info on goingons and such. :)

hannabear

oh and don't forget to have some crabs before you leave. come back in the summer for some fun crabbing times.

mooseinmyshoe

maryland "grows" the best crabs. one of my friends used to feed his off his dock.

they were HUGE

lemonalle

:-)

I haven't been to Sonar yet either

mooseinmyshoe

i can't wait to go back. i love it.

but a big part of that love is the fact that it's not in DC. kids on their provisional do not do well in DC

DarthG

hey hanna....that picture was actually taken near elkridge landing near BWI.......

thanks for the suggestions.....i had some lobster last night.....i tried looking at that baltimore.org website but it didn't seem to have too much listed when i did a search.......

juliejeremiah

Umm.....go sexin'?

All I know about Baltimore I learned from John Waters movies.

DarthG

go sexin'?......that reminds me.....someone slipped a "personal massage, we come to you" flyer under my hotel room door......

WTF?.....it's not like I'm staying in the ghetto either......

DarthG

thanks khol, i plan on being in downtown this weekend.....its so cold, i don't know if i'm going to go out before then......

bored in hotel room....

hannabear

yeah, it's close to BWI. I swear it looks so much like my school except for the road. we don't have double lanes like that. :P

we should have a gigantic Maryland people meeting at BWI when snittleface is there for 37 minutes. it would kick ass.

DarthG

sweet....let's do it.....

hannabear

this girl in my class works at the bath and body at BWI. we'll all go sample stuff! what a blast that'll be!

TheBetterKelly

Hoorary for Maryland! Boo for single digit weather! Go to the Aquarium and just mosey around the Inner Harbor. If you dig hiking and the outdoors, come up to Catoctin Mountain Park and hike around Cunningham Falls.

lemonalle

You should check out Hampden if you can. It's a nice place to shop, walk around, eat, etc.

lemonalle

And get some breakfast food at Golden West...

TheBetterKelly

Hoorary? That should be hooray.

DaddyDom

lemonzzzz!!!

DaddyDom

where should I go in Baltimore?

DaddyDom

hehehe...Yellow Brick Road!

lemonalle

haha, i didn't notice that

DaddyDom

so...which witch are you?

lemonalle

well, i'm from the east :-(

hannabear

which witch is which?!

DaddyDom

hahahaha...darn it, lemonzzz...just say Glinda!

AWorldApart

This ain't a scene, it�s a god damn arms race
I'm not a shoulder to cry on
But, I digress

DarthG

betterkelly.....i love hiking....but i don't think that's an option in this weather.......

khol....crabcake sandwich.....got it.....

My rental car for the next 2 weeks.......i reserved a standard size car and the lady at the rental counter asked me if a 2-door was okay.......i said yes and this was parked outside waiting for me.......pretty cool, i guess....

DaddyDom

That's about right...;-)

TheBetterKelly

Yeah, it's a shame you're here during the winter because right around mid-October, the mountains above my town explode into color and you end up having to swerve all over the roads in the parks to avoid the leafers.

mooseinmyshoe

maryland weather is so messed up it's not even funny

DarthG

BUMPDATE!

I went downtown tonight to take a few pictures! It was so cold that most of the pictures were blurry from me shaking so much. Here's a couple that turned out okay. A panoramic shot of the harbor, the aquarium, ESPN Zone/Hard Rock, and the Baltimore fuzz. Click on the "all sizes" button in Flickr to see the larger size images.

DarthG

dang it....i messed up the size on that middle one in the second row.....oh well....

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?