Close
One second...

don't let it bug you

• by ya betcha
  • posted Feb 03, 2007
  • 212 Comments

The design is made up of tiny insects that form a ladybug on a leaf.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
ya betcha

The design is made up of tiny insects that form a ladybug on a leaf.

artdrops
artdrops profile pic Alumni

I like it, but I would make the lady bug a solid color for better contrast. Nice design otherwise!

renfrue
renfrue profile pic Alumni

that's crazy! Sub!

ya betcha

Woah...is that the only change it needs?
Anybody who clicks "needs work" please tell me what you would change, or just let me know you agree with someone else.

RyanSargent

cool, but im not sure they could get that kind of resolution on the print.

ladykat
ladykat profile pic Alumni

That looks awesome!

The lady bug should be more solid, and I think your bugs are too tiny for the printer to pick up on that detail. So if you could maginfy the bugs (while keeping the leaf beautifully flowing like that), you'd be good to go!

ya betcha

Would anyone like the design if it was completely solid (no little bugsis)?

ladykat
ladykat profile pic Alumni

I don't think it'd be very unique in that case.

jpiatt
jpiatt profile pic Alumni

even if it was solid, it's a pretty good design. With the little bugs (they would need to be larger to print) it just makes it even cooler.

DebPerron

I LIKE ICH A LOT

andazp

I like it, very nice

Petanca

Keep the little bugs, i like it as it is.

andazp

Yes, don't even think of removing the little bugs, in any case put them closer together.

ya betcha

Yeah, I might submit it as is, and when they go to print it, they can see if they have to enlarge it/put bugs closer together. Also, I don't think if the ladybug was solid it would be as cool...

Another option all together is to make the leaf huge, and the ladybug solid, but no bigger than it already is.

ya betcha

Yeah, I might submit it as is, and when they go to print it, they can see if they have to enlarge it/put bugs closer together. Also, I don't think if the ladybug was solid it would be as cool...

Another option all together is to make the leaf huge, and the ladybug solid, but no bigger than it already is.

OCandCO

I like the concept. Poeple will get hung up on the fact that the bugs are really too small to print. Make them bigger and it will get a good score.

I am not so sure about the little loop on the back end of the leaf. I think I would like this better without it.

It is a really great concept and has potential to score really well.

3nitySolution

very pretty,
I love lady bugs

ya betcha

I'm going to keep working on it, so keep the comments rolling.

Outlaw01

Keep the little bugs. Make them SLIGHTLY larger, but don't lose the larger design they contribute to. And Maybe just make the lady bug solid.

You could show us two versions. One with a solid lady bug, and one otherwise (after the little bugs have been improved).

chelly

slightly bigger bugs, solid ladybug

great job

lovesmesumcake

Wow, I actually think that's really good. I don't think it'd look good on a shirt though, only a tight hoodie.

J-Ray

Hey yeah I was going to mention that there's no way this is printable. The details in the small bugs are much too small. Theoretically it's cool, though.

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

yeah all those little bugs would just print as dots not bugs. This is not printable as it stands now. So for me it's not all that great because of that fact.

ya betcha

No. This is just a mock up, I wanted to see if the concept would fly. Stay posted for my update though. Thanks for all your great comments...Any more thoughts?

ya betcha

Oh yeah...what about colors - are you guys set with the green? I love it, but I'm not sure if it's popular.

crisscrosses

THIS IS REALLY GOOD. the detail all that. excellent! i would buy it.

BORN2SHOPLC

I love it, just as is. And I would buy it.

jillpettipas

i love it exactly as it is. i would buy it. on green with little bugs, everything. amazing!

TAZL

I love the idea! I wish the bugs were bigger, though. They just look like dots...

Geodixie

I love it but I too think the bugs should be a bit bigger so they are printable but I like the lady bug the way she is.

wilro

nice concept. not sure if a solid lady bug would improve it, but it's worth a shot just to see the difference.

jet approves

I love it how it is. I literally thought,"Wooow!" Nice job.

jet approves

And I think it's awesome on green.

lsmc88

are you sure that they will be able to print that small?

swintpoof

I absolutely adore this.
I remember about two weeks ago I was going to have the words 'bugger off' made out of bugs. I've been collecting bug pictures since then in my free time to do it. But hell, I like this better!!

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

really cool, if they could print it, which i think they could

grypesagon

I'm with ladykat pretty much across the board. Even if they could print the bugs that small it wouldn't hold much of an effect on the casual viewer. I don't think anyone would register it as special. You'd spend all day pointing it out to people. If you increased the fragmented bugs sizes just a little it could be insanely great.

All that being said... I would buy it as is.

I_heart_ducks

I agree. Make the little bugs bigger and make the ladybug solid. I really like the shape of the leaf and the placement.

Jemae
Jemae profile pic Alumni

Everything are Great! just make the tiny buggs slightly bigger!
Anyway AWESOME design man! =)

swedz

Id like to see the placement close to the neck or a standard chest placement just for kicks.

senorita_

UGHHHHHHHH i h8 ladybugs but i would definitely buy this, I love the concept! Goes to show how gr8 your work is. Congrats! In my opinion, the ladybug doesn't have to be solid but it would look nice and I don't want to be repetitive with the rest of the comments but definetly a closer up view on the bugs would be awesome! &&& Of course on green it's great, no worries.

rudra

it's already been mentioned about the size/printing
but i kinda like it - and the clip-arty bugs are actually ok for this

i'd like to see a version where the bugs are at least the size of a fingernail (that way they would be visible, and would print in detail), and just joined tightly together to make the leaf

it might work to make the red and black out of only ants, and the leaf out of traditionally "green" insects

or for those who don't like ladybugs, you could change the ladybug to a , praying mantis, or locust (i'd stay away from butterflies - they're overdone) made of flying insects, and keep the leaf made out of wingless insects

keep working on it

msphunque

i like the idea, but the fact they are so small, they may be too small to even see that they are insects on print.

katbrown

a cool design. love the color. just need to make the tiny bugs a little bigger. I wonder how it would work on as red shirt?...

Outlaw01

Yeah, about the green...

I need more green shirts. So hurry up and revise this so you can submit it and it can get printed. Then I can buy it and have a green shirt I like.

ya betcha

OK, I'm going to show my revisions below. Let me know from the options provided - which ladybug and leaf you prefer.

ya betcha

There isn't a 3rd version...I don't know what that crazy box is, I got some kind of weird error when uploading. Let me know from version two wich ladybug and leaf you prefer.

stitchedlips

i like lady bug "1"
the second one looks like the shirt is coming apart...

i'm liking leaf "a" also...

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
No account?
Join Us