Close
One second...

Introducing CRITIQUE on Threadless!

• by the ThreadStaff
  • posted Feb 01, 2007
  • 79 Comments

Greetings fellow Threadlessians!

As you may or may not have noticed, we have added the ability to have a design critiqued before you submit it for scoring! This is a prime example of us keeping our eye on what our beloved community is up to. Now, rather than blogging a design for critique - you can do it officially and gauge responses!

To submit a critique, simply go through like you were going to submit a design by clicking "Submit Ideas". Make sure the "Critique" tab is clicked, and then submit away! Simple as that!

This new feature also allows you to post multiple versions of your design until you're confident it's ready for subbing. You submit new versions of your design through your critique page. If you're on your own critique page, the interface appears in the upper-right hand side of the page... you can't miss it! You can even push your design through to submission approval without having to resubmit!

We hope you guys like it! Enjoy!

p.s. to view designs being critiqued check this

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
yion072

Love. It.

Hakaidur

So this is voting...... on whether or not you should let people vote on it...?

snittleface

The new feature is tight! sooo tyyyght it hurtz!

OCandCO

shweeet!

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

pretty amazing

abeadle
abeadle profile pic Alumni

the buttons don't let me select on my old firefox browser...gues its time to update

helladelightful

hey guyszz i have a question- where do the critiques show up on profiles? Like say the above and lovely abeadle had something in critique but it was wayyy deep in the blogs and not in the front, is there any way that I could get to it via her profile? Like a section in her designs tab or a separate tab altogehter?

jpiatt
jpiatt profile pic Alumni

Amazing!

chelly

yeh, what hella said...

little g
little g profile pic Alumni

I LOVE IT!!!

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

we'll probably add them under the 'designs' tab

Ueno

:) awesome featureee

jpiatt
jpiatt profile pic Alumni

will the critique design disappear once you push it into submission?

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

no the critique will stay there and the design page will link to it...

chelly

it is a little bit strange that after you vote on a design, nothing happens. when you are all done w/ comments and such, you have to start over and then pick the critique tab again. could there be a 'NEXT CRITIQUE' tab or something of the sort?

ecky_ducky

This is FREAKIN AWESOME!
And I was about to say what chelly says.
You need a button to move on to the next one.

maddingo

i mean it is no GIANT FREAKING FONT AND HUGE THUMBNAILS

but that is pretty kewl..

Monkey II
Monkey II profile pic Alumni

damnz!! -- that's awesome!
Who's the Brain at threadless hq!?

..and who's Pinky?

little g
little g profile pic Alumni

WATCH BUTTON

please :)

squintygirl

This is a great feature, and I see that it is already being abused. Why can't we all just get along?

cbuchholz
cbuchholz profile pic Alumni

Wow! that's a really great feature! I wish I knew about this site when I was in school.

cbuchholz
cbuchholz profile pic Alumni

of course, that wouldn't have helped since the feature is new, but I still wish I knew about when I was in school.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

holy balls! nice job!

_lydia

i like this idea, its a great way to get actual feedback without having an empty blog and no responses. i think people will like the idea of not having to say something, yet being able to 'vote' on it

thekevinmcgraw

holy tits. im going to start subbing again.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

you should change what the screen says after you submit a critique.... i was initially confused cause the normal submitted page came up saying it would show up in 4 to 8 business days.

thekevinmcgraw

what if you could do a "right now id score this a.." thing and only the designer could see the real time average?

J-Ray

holy vaginas.... I love it! Would be cool if you could have a time/date stamp so you can see the latest critique subs.

Fawnfruits
Fawnfruits profile pic Alumni

ahhhh jray! i get it!

backtozero

omg, sooo nice! :) Congratulations, Threadless!!
Keep it up!

By the way, I would also like to bring up the slogan community. Frickenawesome, nintechno and all the others are really working hard to revive the slogan spirit of Threadless. Maybe if you don't have any other projects to launch, you might want to check out them out and consider a typetee-related revolution in Threadless. The community will be glad. :)

backtozero

by the way, would it be a good idea if there would be an option to critique anonymously? Some people might be hesitating to comment honestly because the submitters might take the comments personally. ^^

Anyway, still, congratulations on this very goood idea!!! :)

taz-pie

hey guys. i am still unable to crit or vote on any subs- it doesnt register my vote. any suggestions? (it has been MONTHS now)

Manos
Manos profile pic Alumni

a great feature.

J-Ray

backtozero that's a good suggestion... all of them.

Threadless would be more likely to receive your comments with a direct message though!

Raid71
Raid71 profile pic Alumni

Love the new critique.... just one suggestion, can the scoring work similar to the sub area.. i.e click on the score and then you move to the next one

Torakamikaze

here's a little suggestion from me, although Im sure some may not agree with it...
Part of me wishes that the only way you could score a critique is if you leave a comment. Im not too big a fan of how someone can just click "dont submit" and not give any indication why. After all, it is a critique forum.

Ronin60
Ronin60 profile pic Alumni

haha, this is a great addition to the site; nice one!

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

I haven't posted one yet but are we able to delete a Critique that we post? Like blogs.

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

you aren't right now but i'll make that

Outlaw01

I'm not a fan of how a new version of a submission to be critiqued appears in the comments... I feel as though, when a new version goes up, it should replace the first and a "notification" should appear in the comment field under all the V1 comments. Or, list the version number next to the comments as well so that everyone knows which version is being talked about in the critique blog.

Outlaw01

Like, if I was commenting on a version 2 sub it would read:

V2 Outlaw01 on Feb 02'07 at [time]pm.

V2 being a nice little green icon of sorts.

Outlaw01

Or better yet! I forgot all about this. The "notification" about a new version being up can appear like the "# Days Later" bar that now appears in blogs/submission comments.

I'm just trying to pitch out some ideas.

fifteen34

Could we maybe introduce a way of deleting these things too? Man, you post a dancing fish and all you get is HATE.

:'(

Torakamikaze

i gave you constructive criticism fifteen

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?