Close
One second...

Anyone..

I ordered some Proactive the other day.
Anyone here use it?
Does it work good?
I'm hoping it works.
It was about $60 for a sixty day supply + shipping.
Sick.

Watch this
ShananaQuatifa

i...dont have pimples...so i wouldn't know...

Ueno

it works for some and not others? good luck though!

thekidd

..umm..okay?

Jewstice

The commercials seem to say it works pretty well.

thekidd

that was to ShananaQuatifa

StopPickingOnMe

You could have just gone to a store...

thekidd

They don't sell it in stores.
And if they did, not in any stores in this hick town.

Ueno

wouldnt it be weird tho if the commercials said otherwise..? just confused..

thekidd

haha yeah really.

Jewstice

"Our product doesn't actually work, but we sell it for a lot of money anyways. Results may vary."

shibby558899

I used it. It worked very well for me. But then again, my acne was never terrible. Just minor. I don't know how bad yours is (if you have any) but it should work just as well for you.

Ueno

yeah im pretty dense to sarcastic remarks on the net .. esp on threadless. :O homg

yion072

I think it is silly. If you have bad acne, go to a dermatologist, it is much cheaper. If your acne is not bad, get cheaper over-the-counter stuff from the grocery store.

Jewstice

If it doesn't work, isn't there some type of money back guarantee?

shibby558899

I don't know. I got the free 30 day sample and my acne cleared up within that time frame so I never had to pay any money.

blonde8007

Basically.. if you're already on a skin regimen and thats not working for you it probably won't help you. The point of proactive is to have all the necessary parts of a skin care regimen all in one, neat, convenient, (over priced) package. It works for people that never really got serious about looking up which products to use and used them religiously.

Gina knows all about skin care.

badger0191

Some over the counter stuff work really really well

shibby558899

Go for the free 30 day sample if you don't have bad acne. It should clear it up and you can cancel before they send you the first shipment you have to pay for. It may sound like cheating/stealing, but it's not (at least that's what I tell myself to make it not hurt).

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

that seems expensive for proactive, i got a 3 month supply for $40 or so.

but yeah, i used it. it worked better than any stuff i got from a dermatologist, but it varies for each person.

Jewstice

I think they have some nice stuff at Sephoria or Bath and Body Works, but the price is going to be pretty high on that stuff too.

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

the main thing is that it didn't dry out your skin, like so many other products do, since it's kind of like a lotion.

blonde8007

I've been through it all with skin care products and nothing really ever worked completely. I don't have bad acne at all but it's just stubborn and constant, and being the self-conscious person I am it really affects my every day life so I'm going on accutane next week. I'm a bit nervous =/

margolove

I wouldn't know; I use Differin (which seems to work very well, although it does dry out your skin somewhat, necessitating the use of quite a bit of lotion).

Good luck!

blonde8007

ahh Differin turned me into a human raisin!! I was dry for nearly a month. I have extremely dry skin to begin with though, hence why most acne products dont work for me.

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

:o have you tried proactive, gina? i admit that i'm gullible to informercials, and have bought a sweet hair straightener from them too, but it did work for me, and i inherited some of the worst skin. then again, it didn't work for my sister, and it seems like i don't even have to use proactive anymore now that i've graduated, so maybe my skin was just naturally getting better.

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

i used to use differin also...and retin-a... and tazorac. the worst was this cream that you had to refridgerate that had the consistency of cottage cheese. ugh.

Teehugger

I've used it before, I liked the off brand, AcneFree more. Difference: When you stop using Proactiv, the acne comes back, when you stop using AcneFree, you stay clear for a longer time. (That was the case with me, don't know how it works for others.)

margolove

ack, the first stuff the dermatologist prescribed for me made my skin burn like it was on fire! Trying to find the kind that works for you really sucks.

Ueno

i heard of some that peels your skin like CRAZY.. but then it works tho.. i dunno what the name is sadly... and i guess its only for those who have really bad acne problems.. =/

blonde8007

Nah I haven't tried proactive but I'm at a point where I just want it GONE and accutane is pretty much the last step. I start next Friday, wish me luck.. 5 months of dry skin, blood tests, and joint pain. AND NO SEX!! D:

Ueno

good luck!! :(

thekidd

Gah everything I buy from drug stores drys out my skin and it peels.
ANd stuff the doctor give me doesn't work.
So I'm HOPING this will finally work.

blonde8007

Hope so! Acne can be a real pain in the ass.. especially in high school where people can be so cruel.

thekidd

For sure! ^

Lybarra

I love proactive. I had pretty bad acne and everything I used either didn't work, would clear it up for a few weeks and then the acne would return, or it would totally dry out my skin. Proactive was the only thing that actually worked for me. Now both my mom and sister use it. However I will agree that it doesn't work for everyone. My girlfriend tried it and it dried out her skin.

canceromega

I've heard it works for some people and doesn't work for others, but I'm convinced it's a pretty legit product. If you have really bad issues with your skin, you should see a dermatologist. My dermatologist perscribed some really good stuff that helped A LOT.

No account?
Join Us