Eat Misfortune

• by so_bright
  • posted Jan 30, 2007
  • 52 Comments

Well I had this idea of careless kid, and this is hilarious (depends on you guys think its funny or not). You gotta be careful when playing and eating ice snows otherwise you will eat a bird's shit that just happens suddenly when the bird passes above you.

Oh, and yeah, don't forget not to close your eyes! :)

and thanks for your comments (and critiques as well)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
so_bright

Well I had this idea of careless kid, and this is hilarious (depends on you guys think its funny or not). You gotta be careful when playing and eating ice snows otherwise you will eat a bird's shit that just happens suddenly when the bird passes above you.

Oh, and yeah, don't forget not to close your eyes! :)

and thanks for your comments (and critiques as well)

konami kode

You should really try to come up with your own ideas.

DannyDaemonic

You had this idea? Sorry, I've seen this picture before.

GoldenWasp

Why is the poop red? :\

moofymadness

shame, its such a pretty picture too without the icky humor

Decoy_Jon

wow, you get a nice big 0 for stealing your design, congrats

DannyDaemonic

KonamiKode: Ah, that's the one I was looking for.

konami kode

Wow, you really think that copying other people's designs will actually work out for you?

jaystarr2

I've seen this on a different christmas card for the last five years.

BryanWinds

Hahaha... Busted out.

skipcronin

i award you no points and may dog have mercy on your soul.

medicyanide

would it be so hard to just have credited the idea and done your own version?

ButterflyWings

The kid is almost the exact same as the one in the link above. Good grief. When are people going to learn that they can't get away with rip offs on this site? And stop stealing other people's art!!! ZERO

dancinghelicopter

wow.... how disgusting! And I am not talking about the picture!

that5kid

the red crap really grosses me out

forgetful_chic

damn, you were busted, shoulda made the guy TOTALLY diff and it wouldn't have been caught so fast eek!! sorry bud

liwintin

hahahahaha~
it's soooooo funny~~

so_bright

i think in the fact I'm happy to have alot of comments recent days though...to be honest, im only capable in image manipulation and digital art....not brilliant at brainstorming -_-
go ahead guys you can bombard me alot of comments...but thanks to you who critizise me for the important lessons you gave to learn from others.
well have a nice day....^^

so_bright

oh yes, this almost feel like spreading scandal...LOL

Buchanan

Im confused by the comments
I am confused by the artist response
I liked the image. Who cares that the poop is red.
If someone else did the design before its possible that everyone in the world does not know this. Lighten Up i say. I like the placement at the bottom of the shirt.

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

I'm pretty sure even the image is stolen. I know I've seen it before but it could have been something just incredibly similar, since this whole design has been done many times before.

Either way 0.

konami kode

I don't understand your attitude here so_bright... You do realize that what you are doing is violating copyright law here, yes? Not only is this frowned upon, this is outright plagiarism.
Now, you can do referential work, but you haven't once given credit to the original artist. I don't think you ever intended on doing that, am I right? You were just hoping that people never caught on.
If you keep doing this, it's going to come back one day and bite you in the ass. One of these artists you steal from will not be so casual and forgiving.

Personally, I hope it's sooner than later.

.liz.

you should be banned from threadless.

rev4n

$5 for balls.

rathergreen

Okay. Take a moment and think back to a recent stolen design, Mr. & Mrs. Spring, by thedesignsavvy. Designsavvy's profile is hidden now, but someone brought up his website on one of his other submissions. Click the link, go to Web Design and note the name.

So_bright, I don't know what your problem is.

rathergreen

P.S.

This is all based on the assumption that so_bright's website is martintung.com, like konami kode mentioned above.

wombatgal

I've seen this on greeting cards...

tiphaine
tiphaine profile pic Alumni

wow, dude. at least you stole something worth stealing last time. 0.

thefelinepunk

I agree with chocolate frog, the poo should not be red.

NessaChan

I got a card with this on it... :

abbster

The placement should be higher, I think, or make the tree go up the side of the shirt.

nikogrande

wow, i think everyone just needs to chill out and score a design.

Kongzilla

Hey Dude. If your good at drawing but not at ideas, ask a friend for ideas and share the outcomes! Collaboration is fun!
You are obviously good at crafting an image you just need someone else to feed you something to craft!
There is no shame in that, but there is in submitting work or ideas not your own.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

so_bright on Feb 06 '07
to be honest, im only capable in image manipulation and digital art...

Digital fart you mean? That must have been a typo because you can't even manipulate a shitty illustration into something better. You took something shitty and made it shittier. 0

Kokochiyoi

this isn't your idea...

one11angel

ive seen that before how did you make it through the threadless screening. i dont think that bird poop is red just look outside on cars parked under trees.

Atak-Kat

Man ... I liked this design when I first saw it ... then looked at the links and I must admit I feel really disappointed ... you could have referenced the idea ... changed the graphics, changed the scene/animal/kid ... there's nothing wrong with gaining INSPIRATION from others creativity ... but blatant theft is wrong ... imagine if you had the copyright to an image and someone else stole yours

hcastles

bad, bad, bad, bad for blatantly copying the illustration.

Magenta Cobra

If you're going to do such a blatant "tribute" (and there's nothing wrong with referential pics), usually you should acknowledge the original and explain why you stuck so close to the design.

Hopefully a lesson is learned. Piracy = good, plagiarism ≠ design. BTW, I'm pro-plagiarism but not when it isn't done well.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

It's so so so so bad. Please stop subbing. You are wasting your own time. You've used the above linked picture - down to the shadow on the ground. And where the tree top disappeared off the frame, you've tried to do your own and it looks balls. Quit now.

BigODrummer

this is a direct copy from a cartoon that I got at christmas time. shame on you, "so bright" you know you copied this. this gets a zero!

Brett F.

i think you honestly should be banned.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us