Close
One second...

Tiny Toy Talons

• by jhl786
  • posted Jan 29, 2007
  • 60 Comments

It's a collage of antique engravings, mostly tools and machinery. It has really great detail up close and it's a saw-whet owl for anyone who is interested. it works with any light color and can be inverted to work on dark colors.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
jhl786
jhl786 profile pic Alumni

It's a collage of antique engravings, mostly tools and machinery. It has really great detail up close and it's a saw-whet owl for anyone who is interested. it works with any light color and can be inverted to work on dark colors.

maggie-californication

this is an amazing design, i love it!! i wish i could see it closer up though, and what's that little thing in the corner?

sarELITE

zoom please?

Ross Mc.

thats really good

cityauctor

wow, great detail

PhineasX

I might go for a dark inverted version.

jhl786

i like it inverted too

yion072

Woooah the zoom changes my score. Find a way to zoom on this page or your score is going to suffer! $5!

jhl786

yeah... it's my first submission so the submission page threw me for a loop...

yion072

Hopefully people won't be lazy and will check out the zoomed in version. This reminds me of something that would on imaginaryfoundation.com

jhl786

someone mention that to me after i made this. they have some crazy awesome designs.

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

I really like it. I would like to see it bigger on the shirt and prehaps have a less obvious place for the mouse - why not on the lower back or something? The black and white looks hotâ„¢. I cant see me digging it inverted. Black and white owl with abstract areas of primary watercolour done in super fine halftone as a backdrop would be ill imo. 5$ anyway

cait9885

great design! but i'm not a fan of the pink.

crap

love the owl!

bobbil

looks great! I want one or two.

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

nice technique

goneril

the detail is amazing. I'm rooting for the oil can rat

Kogepan

$5.

potatoesrus

wow, super de duper

Latestfever

perhaps a different shirt color :)

goldkiss
goldkiss profile pic Alumni

good !

Scotticus
Scotticus profile pic Alumni

awesome design! You think this will convert to apparel well? oh f#*k it... i'd wear this in a heartbeat(on anything except pink) 5

lesquelette

Great use of collage. Yes, on different shirt color. Is there a way to see it inverted? Very nice work.

shibbyfu

i'd really really like it without the mouse/oil can...

Richard_Lee
Richard_Lee profile pic Alumni

good for sure.

wimbels

Really really cool, I wish there was a zoom!!!, I checked out the link though and it is nice.

ideaprison

i like it but except for the rat at the bottom

bfly

THE BOSS

sbdun

this is so beautiful. i'm crossing my fingers that this get printed!

dylboteque

I would give it a $5 if it didn't have the mouse and the owl was centered. as it is I'll drop to 3, sorry.

jhl786

sorry, i didn't understand that. are you saying you want the owl more off center?

finletter

AAAAAH awesome.
placement is so good
design is so good.
$5 for sure.

epey82

$5 This shirt is bomb. Normally pink does not float my boat but this looks great actually.

sugatank

pretty damn hot, owls are ruling lately:)

reagen

rat=oil... ahhh... I like it anyway or maybe because of that... great detail

Zostara

This is fantastic!! Really creative, awesome detail. I'd wear it !!

Gwendyyy

look who's playing too... he he

this is fun.

medicyanide

Great design, it works pretty much any way you color it-- and.... it's lovely.

asfi235

This is awesome, though I fear the detail is pushing the limit of what's screenable onto a t-shirt.

I have several t-shirts that were screened by collage artist Freddie Baer. One of them has this image:

www.amazon.co.jp

...and on the shirt, though it's nonetheless a work of art, there's noticeably less detail present. (Point of reference: Hanes Beefy-T, ca. 1990. YMMV with modern tees.)

You can sorta see some Freddie Baer tees in one of the photos here (3rd across and 3 down, should be obvious though):

www.noosfere.org

(If she hadn't stopped her T-Shirt of the Month Club years and years ago, I wouldn't be needing Threadless :D)

This isn't meant to rain on your parade at all. Sorry if it comes across that way......but I do think that your lovely fan lace would suffer as a result of the production process.

ajbossa

the best one so far!

mammabeesley

tres good. birds are bestest.

androidi

especially on a t-shirt I'd probably go for the dotted line to indicate where the owl is looking... or move the mouse a bit higher. the mouse gets too easily ignored as it is currently. but otherwise an awesome design, J. scored 5 from me.

snowchic33

I love the owl, but the smoke trail doesn't seem to fit at all, it ruins the shape and flight of the owl imo

Kitty_Kura

Great design! I love the detail.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us