Jetpack Jesus

• by namgorf
  • posted Jan 27, 2007
  • 58 Comments

This is one of my favorite designs, it will work well on black or white. Jesus has always needed a jetpack.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
namgorf

This is one of my favorite designs, it will work well on black or white. Jesus has always needed a jetpack.

Panolpy of me

If this was going to go through, I would say to make it smaller.

Aristarchus
Aristarchus profile pic Alumni

sinwon on Jan 30 '07
i think its distasteful...

Yeah, namgorf! Read your Bible and you will clearly see that in John 98:54 it reads: "And lo! The Lord Jesus did escape by use of minicopter..."

JAYGATZ

well, if you put the thumb facing out, it would mean "i love you" in sign language.

space_bean

I'd buy it.

And take it to church.

SATURDAYSFIESTA

it'd have to be backwards to be the devil sign. this way it just means rock on.

brenoink

I'd absolutely buy this.

aisforangie

i'm so fucking sick of jesus designs. this one, though, is almost cool. a jetpack buddha would kick ass.

J-Ray

what the fuck is this

mrgrinch

I would so wear this!
I can almost hear him going "Woooooot!"

angrybunny

I'd wear it to church!!!

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

sinwon on Jan 30 '07
i think its distasteful...

Yeah, namgorf! Read your Bible and you will clearly see that in John 98:54 it reads: "And lo! The Lord Jesus did escape by use of minicopter..."

------

It's clearly a jetpack here, though.

Papa Shingles

I can't imagine many people buying this one, 2

namgorf

yeah, I think I may need to reduce the size of it a bit. I'm not sure how that works, should I resubmit?

aniki21

Love it. $5.

towgi

$100!!

jen52983

i think it's hilarious! Christian's may not appreciate the humor though. haha I think it's great... just make it a bit smaller. The illustration is great!

rgurley

Extremely offensive.

I love it.

I'd be scared to wear it (I live in the Bible Belt), I'd probably be tarred and feathered or whatever it is they do to punish people down here these days.

dancinghelicopter

other than the gesture, i dont really think it is all that offensive. Jesus has a sense of humor too.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

There are some overly sensitive voters out today. Technically, this is a nice clean illustration. But it's too commercial for my tastes. This might work being sold in a trendy mall store. But Threadless? Tends to lean toward the more artistic side of shirt design.

cityauctor

okay, seriously, what's with all the jesus subs? i don't think it's offensive or anything, i'm just sick of it.

myfriendsnameisfrankmcgee

Ummm.... I wish you had pushed the offensive envelope more, like inclusion of the holes in the feet and hands or, well I guess thats the only way to make this more offensive. All that being said, I fruckin love this and would like to shake your hand. 5$

Yeshua

in response to dancinghelicopter, I agree that Jesus has a sense of humor, but I'm sure he wouldn't laugh at the way he is mocked through designs like these...
...while it is great artwork, it is not worth the risk of offending so many people...
...I just think religious submissions like this can be a bit touchy sometimes, and this happens to be one of them...

katolms

all right all ready with the Jesus designs...sheesh.

drunkredneck45

i really don't see how this is offensive. its not putting christ down in anyway.
i love it. it needs to be this big to have the impact and it needs to be on black.

lemonshine

I LOVE IT! Jesus has always needed a jetpack to add a little comic relief.

Can you hook Moses up with one?

kittykatstavis

what's with all the jesus designs? they don't seem to be marked as part of a contest.

Andy Warhol

actually

negative 1

not because i find it distasteful, which I do

the design just sucks

poor execution
bad idea
bad design

Ricky Animation

The aesthetics of the design are well done, but come on. If you think this design is bad, check out this website. www.wayofthemaster.com, if you think its good, do the same. Give it a shot.

Foggygoggles

I think its hysterical.

People need to learn how to laugh at themselves and their beliefs every once in a while.

But enough with Jesus designs, plz.

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

...to everyone who thinks placing jesus in "silly" circumstances is funny...it is dumb. Im not offended, im jewish so I couldn't care less. Seriously, there is nothing I could care less about than jesus designs, but the sad fact is, its stupid that I have to keep seeing "silly jesus tees." They practically ruin my IQ, one silly Jesus at a time.

maggiebeck

wow. so much drama over a shirt. i wonder why people aren't still freaking out about the jesus action figures if they're really that sensitive about the subject.

i mean, just last weekend i saw a jesus action figure with glow in the dark hands.
at a smoke shop.

i like the design. i think it might need to be a bit smaller, and though i'm not really sure if it has the threadless feel to it, i still like it.

ozrict two

it's the nails...oh yeah and the horns

...\m/(o-o)\m/...

bachwasbaroque

Blaah, I hate Jesus shirts. It's lammmmme. This shirt is laaammmmeee. OVERDONE.

evrfixedmark

eugh. enough with the jesus.

colonelbuendia

maybe you could do a religious leaders of the world jetpack series......??

Brett F.

wow, this really is in poor taste. damn.

Ruefulstar

Whats wrong w/ the hand jesture. I wouldnt wear t but I like it.

k_lady

"They practically ruin my IQ, one silly Jesus at a time." I agree. Hey guys, let's put Jesus on roller skates!!! Hurhurhur.

Mizuneko

I like it, if it was a bit smaller.
And I kind of like the idea of Jesus giving a "I love you" sign language gesture. Brings out the whole Christian theme. ;)

partyrings

If i wrote the bible, i wouldve made jesus travel by jetpack.

shame who did write it was mind numbingly boring.

but very rich.

jaystarr2

Hahahaha. This is awesome. Smaller design, maybe with the jetpack swooshy thing going around the side of the shirt? But yeah, what about some non-Jesus religious characters? I think Jetpack Buddha would be awesome.

Zebulon

awesome, I want this shirt!!! it combines a jetpack with...Jesus
what is cooler than that?!?

shemakesmeshake

who cares about the churchies who think its distasteful! print that! 5

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us