Close
One second...

CBC

• by logan_ski
  • posted Jan 22, 2007
  • 24 Comments

Wow, whaddya know a little bit of some canadian influence with those pixelated CBC icons. Bravo!

Watch this
chelly

are you talking about the maple leaves?

because, um, those trees grow a lot of places.

Rock Deputy

no, he's talking about the circle-things on the back.. which resemble the logo of the Canadian Broadcast Corporation (er.. I think that's what it stands for)...

also, the Beaver is our national animal and the maple leaf is on our flag so... I think it's fair to say that this shirt is all about Canada.

chelly

ah, okay. i obviously need to do some more research on canada. :D

francisorme

the cbc icons make this shirt. beavers and maple leaves are old hat-- cbc is where its at!

squintygirl

I don't know why the CBC logos make me laugh so much. I suppose it's because it hasn't changed at all in over 30 years.

woodlandelf

Ha! just discovered this shirt while listening to CBC as the snow piles even higher outside of my log cabin. No maple leaves in sight as they have all fallen off the trees and are buried under a meter of snow. I can only wish there was a beaver nearby. Just hibernating bears, moose, caribou, wolves and cougars. I guess that's not too bad.

go Canada.

woodlandelf

Ha! just discovered this shirt while listening to CBC as the snow piles even higher outside of my log cabin. No maple leaves in sight as they have all fallen off the trees and are buried under a meter of snow. I can only wish there was a beaver nearby. Just hibernating bears, moose, caribou, wolves and cougars. I guess that's not too bad.

go Canada.

sonmi

i love this shirrrrrrrrrt

Aristarchus

Canadian Broadcorping Castration.

reetardead

hahha aristarchus.
maaan the retro cbc hurts the eyes.. makes me think of an optical illusion.

lizcowboy

i wouldent love this design so much without the cbc logos on the back. its genius.

cellophanedeity

A brilliantly Canadian shirt. Absolutely adorable!

Aristarchus

Thing is... I don't know that I really want the shirt? But I feel compelled to buy it just for the... culture... involved.

Aristarchus

...maybe I'll get it for my mom for next Christmas. That way she won't feel left out when everyone else gets a Threadless again and she doesn't. :)

J-Ray

WOW!! nice :) As a Canadian, I love this!

anonymoose

I'm with Aristarchus. I love it (especially the CBC bit), but would I actually wear it? Probably not. And then there's those pesky customs fees. I can't even get it for my mom because she wouldn't wear it!

Now if there was a moose on the shirt, I'd be obligated to buy it. ;)

operativeangle

I pretty much wet myself WITH EXCITEMENT upon seeing the CBC logos. Peter Mansbridge is my boyfriend...Jian Ghomeshi is my boyfriend...RICK MERCER IS MY BOYFRIEND.

J-Ray

Not only does it feature many Canadian emblems, but its designed to resemble the indian

J-Ray

(commentus interruptus) ... i mean, aboriginal outfits we learned about in Canadian History classes.

juliejeremiah

Jian Ghomeshi? Howabout some love for George Stroumboulopoulos? That guy makes my eleven o'clock.

dangerouspenguin

Haha. George Stroumboulopoulos's last name makes me laugh every time I see it. Remember when he first started on The Hour and bus adds had "George" on top and "Stroumboulopoulos" crammed in underneath. This shirt makes me laugh too.

Aristarchus

I can honestly say that I think George Stromboulopoulos is everything that's wrong with the CBC.

As for Jian Ghomeshi, much better on TV than he was in music. That said, he's an irritating guy to have sitting behind you during lunch. He was at the table behind mine at Cat's Meow on Granville Island on Saturday, and his conversation was both boring and impossible to ignore. Kind of like a really dull car crash.

juliejeremiah

I can honestly say that I think George Stromboulopoulos is everything that's wrong with the CBC.

What? George is awesome, he's the only one offering any fresh perspective on Canadian news/entertainment, and particularly about the only thing CBC late night has going for it. His interviews are great. I mean, sure the CBC has Peter Mansbridge, but I'll take Lloyd Robertson over him any day of the week. And Rick Mercer's show, minus some of the field segments, is nearly as stale as This Hour Has 22 Minutes.

I also like Dominic Patton but I don't see him on much anymore. And I kind of miss the weird shorts on Zed.

No account?