Close
One second...

An Ironic Escape

• by Paulige
  • posted Jan 19, 2007
  • 35 Comments

Just thought of this idea so had to draw it before i forgot it. Hope you like it and please feel free to comment.

Watch this
Paulige

Just thought of this idea so had to draw it before i forgot it. Hope you like it and please feel free to comment.

Brett F.

that's so damn sad. because my first instinct was
"it's an adorable bear drifting down into a horrible bear trap death"

but then after re-reading the title i thought
"yay! he's getting away!"

wouldn't buy this on a shirt, next time you need to draw something feel free. just don't submit it for me to waste my time looking at.

Heavy Eyeliner

That's Not Very Nice.
I Happen To Like This Though.
It's Cute, And Playful. $4

sc86tt

sad

MysDik

I think to have him escaping you need to have the string of the balloon taut so it's clear he's being pulled upwards... otherwise it does look kind of upsetting! ;)

Paulige

yer i know what u mean - brett f, u got a problem mate so sort it out and say something constructive for a change. Thanks to everyone who gave gd comments

esKIMoAK

I want just the bear....so cute!

Amfo

Pop quiz, does anyone actually know the proper use of "irony"

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

how is this ironic?

LionelM

I didn't know Alanis Morisette submitted designs to threadless.

travioli

Ironic?

krk

awwwww... so sadly cute!

shirtflirt

i'm tired of people misusing the word ironic.

Paulige

ok the design is suppose to be scored not the title so if u wouldnt mind doing that , that wuld b great...

Amfo

if you could learn the correct use of the English language that WOULD BE great

xx_kate_xx

the irony is what makes this shirt good...i like it

wendalyn89

I really like the concept, but maybe develop it some more?

.onion
.onion profile pic Alumni

This is so plain it makes me cringe.

BORN2SHOPLC

I'll be constuctive! To start, I like it. But as onion said it's a little plain. You could color it in. Or if you prefer the sketchy look just do like a background to it or something... I'm done. 4 for now..

Paulige

thanks for ur comments and yer i agree it looks plain but i was going for the sketchy look but ill remember ur comments when designing sketches in the future

J-Ray

eeah i agree, it looks like the start of a good sub, but not nearly finishd

oddreaper

Too simple, I'm afraid.

nikogrande

the dangerous part of the trap would be over his head anyway

Bisparulz
Bisparulz profile pic Alumni

simple and great 5$

amoania

Irony Definition From Reality Bites: "It's when the actual meaning is the complete opposite from the literal meaning. "

Yabi Kuro

I might be stupid, but why is this "ironic"?

Paulige

ok maybe i got confused with the meanin lol it was a late nite wen i designed this

Flying Mouse
Flying Mouse profile pic Alumni

Cute, hope the bear safe.$5

Paper Bell

I agree that you could develop this design more. It is a great concept. I love the bear!!

fotofraulein

Tres cool design... what if the balloon was coloured in? I like the simpicity/plain design. Just imagine if the balloon popped! Teddy bear cruelty groups would be out in force!

Paulige

lol

cliffdogg

Is it ironic to make a t-shirt titled "An Ironic Escape" and have it not be ironic?

Paulige

yes it is actually, nice little theory

ese_saki

hmm, maybe if you made the bear trap smaller and a little more to the right (my right, left if it's worn) it would look like the bear (the cute little bear) is getting away. I still like it.

No account?
Join Us