Diamond Whale

• by so_bright
  • posted Jan 14, 2007
  • 39 Comments

Watch this
Caoish

$5 That's awesome! I want it!

Pteranodon

I really like this but it doesn't need the diamond. Why is there a diamond? It is not surreal. Whales don't need diamonds to be cool.

SweetThye

Awesome. Love it. $5

greenelvish

Diamonds bad. Whales good.

hforhello

So that's where they come from... Cute design!

dusty bottoms

i can see a whole movie caper of bumbling crooks devising all kinds of crazy schemes to get the diamond out of the whale...cool

finding_her

I don't understand the diamond either. But he's a cute whale!

Jakaricat1

Dig the art Style

emilyca

"Whales don't need diamonds to be cool." words to live by.

CheesecakeBree

At first I thought it was just another boring whale shirt... then I saw the diamond. That just makes the whole design. Very cute!

DavieDons

I like the style

norblesaurus

Ah. a whale. automatic 5&buy.

Finless

Sushi mama, that's either a blatant ripoff or this is the same artist.

wolferi

Super cute

wolferi

Super cute C: but I'd like the top and bottom colors switched ('top' meaning the parts above the water) 'cause I really, really don't understand why the top is lighter than the bottom |D

mrdeadhead

shrink it down a lil and you're golden.

LUISAV

WHAT A SHAME!!!! you're simply fake and disgusting...

PATHETIC copycat!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!... be smart, honest and if you aren't able to be creative designing by your own, in the name of GOD: leave it!!! go and try to sell shoes or hotdogs instead!!!

Do you think the world is big enough to hide Cerriteno's ORIGINAL talent???? SHAME ON YOU!!!! FAKE, PIECE OF SH...

http://www.albertocerriteno.com/artwork01.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/acerriteno/304839084/in/set-72157594154924749/

HOW YOU DARE!!!!

so_bright

luisav, sorry i didn't expect there is another work that is similar...i really like whale and other animals as in the fact that i am animal lover so i make whale i dont realize that was coincidental
i guess id be making more that is original (and maybe exciting)

so please accept my apologies if there's similar work...

sushi mama

There is a difference between similar work and a blatant rip-off. Your design duplicates Alberto Cerriteno's work too much to be a coincidence. This goes against what Threadless is all about.

And by the way... the original work is so much better!

sugars3

a "similar" work? Don't be ridiculous.

That is OBVIOUSLY a copy. I hope there is a way to keep you from exploiting this community again. Blatant dishonesty.

Brett F.

BULL SHIT
-cero-

dancinghelicopter

How could you not just admit your obvious thievery!? Hilarious that you even think its conceivably a coincidence.

Liar Liar Pants on FIRE!!!!!

Mattias

picasso says good artists copy; great artists steal.

good job.

Mattias
BandoftheDay.com

albertoeca

Ha, well I have to admit that some part of me is glad to be copied, maybe that is a good signal of your work is spiring somebody else but definitely this is totally a blatant rip-off, you have to admit it Dancinghelicopter. Anyway just to clarify that we are not the same person and in case that this T-Shirt will be eligible for sell it (What I really don't believe) I want part of your earns! :)
By the way you can check out a couple of my real designs for Threadless here: http://www.threadless.com/profile/368911/albertoeca/submissions
Cheers!

noxgoodxdeed

Probably ripped off. I liek the diamond idea, though.

albertoeca

Sorry Dancinghelicopter I made a mistake! the message was for So_bright.

so_bright

okay, okay, i've got to admit it. i thought this d be nice like 'alternative' but not to aspire and albertoeca u've got yours icebreaker-and-beater. And one thing, i don't want to sell and i just want to put it on this site to see how ppl know it and judges by their opinions.

again, Sushi Mama you sure rocks the world of detectives. :) oh well any bombardment of comments or complaints are welcome in peace.

Veuch

sweet

dancinghelicopter

No problem albertoeca!

I'm glad you made him feel shameful of his lies.

Beautiful whale by the way! You should submit it!!!

LUISAV

HEHEHE... I feel sorry for people like you... you should apologize with yourself... first of all: APOLOGIZE with YOURSELF!!! and then you must apologize for disturbing people trying to deceive them! :S

Good luck! ;)

beesneak
beesneak profile pic Alumni

The real sad thing is that this rip off design scored better than both of Alberto's awesome designs. What is the world coming to?

lepetitmonstre

"And one thing, i don't want to sell and i just want to put it on this site to see how ppl know it and judges by their opinions."
that makes no sense. if you wanted people to judge your "art" there are sites for that that aren't T SHIRT DESIGN SITES. dumb.

No account?