Close
One second...

Dictator-free is the way to be

A personal commentary on a somewhat current event.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
chilldesign

A personal commentary on a somewhat current event.

amigovirgen

If you want to be dictator free you can do one with bush i think...

maxandglad

This is awful.

OlliRudi
OlliRudi profile pic Alumni

this is tasteless without even being funny...a rare occurence.

dunfyboy

I did this on the whiteboard at work last week! Spooky.

zachkicksass

yeah, this is so degrading, seeing how he was such a nice fellow..

mrcocoa77

its kinda cool, but I dunno if I'd wear it.

Also, when I first glanced at it, I thought it was spelling "sodomy"

sinwon

i dont think you should make fun of him.

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

oh dear

Laborpsus

I would never wear a design that pictured, let alone mentioned, horrible dictators. Political puns on clothes = big fashion faux pas.

ADKgirl

Utterly charming in the simplicity of it's childlike design! It's black humor, people. If all else fails, it could still be wildly popular with the Kurds... And hey, at least there's not a decapitated head rolling around under the gallows!

triton13

This is an awesome shirt! I will buy it!!! both tasteful and funny!!!

Drim-Vells

i wouldn't buy but it's a clever idea. and to the guy who said that Bush is a dictator then i suggest you go move to a country with an ACTUAL dictator and see how that is. jackass.

coolchika

it's a funny shirt but no.

indie eyes

THIS IS AWFUL. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

lizzietheprenekid

its funny but like its not a good joke if you get what i'm saying.
i am laughing alittle but i shouldnt be.
thats the thing.

barakhardley
barakhardley profile pic Alumni

THIS IS A T SHIRT DESIGN! YOU SHOULD HAVE SOME SORT OF REACTION! I AM TYPING IN ALL FONTS!

margolove

I could never wear something like this.

It's in horrible taste; 0.

xyu

I don't get some of the voters on this sight, either the shirt is too sexual, or too happy/cute/meaningless, or too dark.

christ, someone make an apathetic shirt that has no opinion what so ever, is completely asexual and conveys that message to please these kids.

I like this. Mainly because a lot of you don't.

xyu

site. excuse me.

margolove

The idea is that this would be made into a shirt. It would both make light of Saddam's death and capitalize on it.. and to me that's wrong. I'm sure some people won't have a problem with it, but I definitely do.

quietine

crass and childish

xyu

I just think people need to be a little less subjective. Just because you have a problem with it doesn't mean it deserves a low score. It deserves a low score because of 1. its concept being unoriginal 2. its execution being poor.

the target market and the age of voters on this site seem to not be cohesive.

margolove

Evaluated solely on the quality of the design, it's still rather awful.

I would probably give it a zero or a one even if the subject matter were different.

Laborpsus

You know what's not cohesive? xyu's argument.

zing

xyu

that I can attest to.

xyu

but it seems the younger voters on this site are being a bit more subjective when it comes to designs that are sexual or give way to being offensive rather than overall design quality.

doereamei

Alrighty well, some points I'd like to make (after reading all the comments).
This t-shirt is an original design but I think it needs something with it, just to add some substance. It looks like it was drawn in a minute, but I suppose that's the simplicity of it, which is what I like about it. It's a good concept, the concept being a simplistic design focused on a more mature topic, but people might rate it lower because of this.
Maybe a little too soon.
Also, George Bush is not a dictator.

margolove

"focused on a more mature topic"

that's one of the best things I've heard today.

skipcronin

Z_RO one guess as to last letter.

We_All_Float

Its funny, horribly funny, but its humor is based on current events, in a year or two it wont be funny anymore, or it will, just people wont remember...

jacknife

LMAO - 5555555555555$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
BEST TSHIRT EVVVEEERRRR

to those who think a line has been crossed and saddam deserves respect ....blleeeck... I crap on your face and it feels good

mooseinmyshoe

i think its funny and i'd wear it. i wouldn't walk around yelling at people to "look at my shirt! see the fucker? he got what was coming to him!"...but i'd wear it and be pleased with myself.

hitler would be another good one to do

Papetti

I really don't care for this shirt...however, even if it does get printed, it will be old news by then and will have lost it's appeal. Sorry, no high score from me.

pearly-pants

i like it.. im glad hes dead... and bush isnt a dictator... i like it $5

Phil 404

" .. Just because you have a problem with it doesn't mean it deserves a low score. "

I'd agree an image can still be a good design while having a bad/crap message. But surely with a tee, the concept/idea is part of the design ? If you like a style but hate the messgae, then you won't like the shirt .. so deserves a lower score.
I guess it depends on whats more important to you - style or message. :)

Having said that, personaly I think this is a TERRIBLE design !

ZHP

Wow, theres a lot of Saddam support voiced here...interesting.

Lucretia Mott

Hey uh, I'm not for gassing the kurds, but I'm also not for blatant disresept and defiling of a living human. Way to sink to his level.

margolove

Thank you for putting my thoughts into words!

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

...and on January 16, 2007, my last shred of any faith I had in humanity died.

This is absolutely terrible.

Lucretia Mott

Or dead human, as the case may be.

Lucretia Mott

Ahaha, you can tell I was upset by the way that none of my letters form actual words. Sorry, guys.

emily27

i dunno, i think its clever and funny. I also believe if it's good to see humor in everything- i personally don't believe it's always good to put on a shirt. whoever said bush is a dictator.. honestly.. a idiot, i'd agree with but definately not a dictator. "Politcal puns on clothess= fashion faux pas" now that's just lame... and anyone who cares about fashion that much needs to get their priorities rearranged. by the way, chilldesign, i think you probably knew this wouldn't go over real well with a lot of people, but i think its great you put it out there anyway.

DesignbyProxy
DesignbyProxy profile pic Alumni

yeah too bad this has been done, I did it the day he was sentenced in my school newspaper...

ohcursive

I'm sorry, but I don't see the humour, at all. Regardless of what Saddam did throughout his "dictatorship", an eye for an eye makes us all blind, as Gandhi once said. And I wouldn't wear anything (satirical or otherwise) portraying such barbaric practices. I think it's ignorant and cruel to make a joke of anyone's murder, whether in your opinion it was deserved or not. So yes, this shirt design is an absolute zero. (I won't even touch the Bush topic, as it would be instant death for me, considering some commenters' reactions)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us