Close
One second...

Waiting Out the Storm

• by cbuchholz
  • posted Jan 11, 2007
  • 103 Comments

These beautiful creatures are Musk Oxen. Musk Oxen stand shoulder to shoulder in a circle around their young in order to keep them warm and safe from predators such as wolves. It\'s for this reason that I think of these creatures as protectors, a refuge from the storm. Yeah, it\'s on white, I\'m not going to apologize for that.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
cbuchholz
cbuchholz profile pic Alumni

These beautiful creatures are Musk Oxen. Musk Oxen stand shoulder to shoulder in a circle around their young in order to keep them warm and safe from predators such as wolves. It's for this reason that I think of these creatures as protectors, a refuge from the storm. Yeah, it's on white, I'm not going to apologize for that.

Petanca

Well, I know what everybody is gonna say: this is beautiful, yes it is. Can't find a flaw, it is so sweet and well done, congrats again.

jrmasm
jrmasm profile pic Alumni

There are some days, when the subs aroung here aren't so hot (like on the days I sub) but today...well...a lot of different subs could be called great, this being chief among them. Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner! $5

shoffa

Makes me feel all cozy. Great job!

eekeek

Stop being awsome!

drmtama2

Damnit!

seriously stop it...

you get a damn $5.. for this

drmtama2

one thing though... maybe its just me but.. i had trouble making out the kids smiles.. i thought you meant the white as glare.. but then about 10 seconds later i realized its real purpose.. perhaps adding smile lines?.. just a suggestion

:)

andyg
andyg profile pic Alumni

Amazing!!!!!!! 5$$$$$$$$

Lowfat

this is fantastic... 5$

lunchboxbrain
lunchboxbrain profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

magnifico on a long sleeve. 5

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

aahh. i love that snow effect

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

you always have such a nice presentation to your subs, too!

castle
castle profile pic Alumni

Love the textures!
$5

cbuchholz
cbuchholz profile pic Alumni

Thanks Sonmi! I just saw your stuff on Flickr. You have some pretty incredible stuff on there! I'll add you as a contact.

Miss Koala

Amazing and gorgeous $5

JéF...

perfect!...wow!....5$!

k_lady

Beautiful--I especially love the snow on the oxen and the other little animals huddling over there on the right. $5

pickledbib

why apologise for white? it's perfect and enhances the design... once again another great sub... fab!

jillpettipas

love love love
this MUST be printed!

jillpettipas

love love love
this MUST be printed!

cpdesign
cpdesign profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Another $5 illo.

alacyt

This is wonderful. No need to apologize for the white.

CourtneyLynne

Hehe :p
This reminds me of Star Wars when Han Solo has to cut open the side of a Taun Taun to keep Luke Skywalker warm.

.jl-london.

Great job again man, works on white because its a gd design! nice one

chopanier
chopanier profile pic Alumni

I love you 5$

Luke...
Luke... profile pic Alumni

great design, awesome contrast of expressions. [somber and glee]

elmagnifico

would be better (better than great i mean) if eskimos' mouthes are black or covered by black line.

adam antium
adam antium profile pic Alumni

oh gosh!
you're ruling threadless!
great one again, man!

runningwithcolours

mate your use of colour is second to none...big up respecta

pearly-pants

this is amazing.... i love it alll $$$$$5

burgz

This is wicked! Wicked as in you can hear the sound of this shirt

fc gravy

aww, this reminds me of the snow level in donkey kong country. anyhoo, this is yet another amazing sub by you!

dacat
dacat profile pic Alumni

This is gonna score way high $5

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

Thank you for making the world a more beautiful place with your designs. I personally like white shirts, and happen to wear them all the time so no complaints here!

yion072

Is it possible for you to make a sub that I don't love?!?!

archbar

I hate this. I hate it a lot. I really do, you loathesome creature.
Just kidding! :D You know I love it..it's in my mirror with all the others you gave me! :D 5 and buy!

berrisea

i knewwww this was yours. $5

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

...I'd also like to add that I love the fact that all of your subs have layers of discovery to them. I just noticed the different sets of footprints for the people and rabbits. Nice touch!!

Raj Mahtaj

$5 of course.

VampMN

I really like the artwork, but the Musk Oxen look so sad. For me, it's too much of a sharp contrast to the happy faces of the children. But, that may just be me. Still beautiful though.

jock05tees

It really doesn't get any better than this! (100)

kidaro

Very well done. 5

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?