Stop and think, a swiss man has probably already done it and done it better

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Gravo

Stop and think, a swiss man has probably already done it and done it better

strikeapose

Nice! In a weird sort of way I really like i. Try a brighter shirt color though.

Antangil

Nice. The math geek side of me wishes it was German, instead... damn Carl Gauss.

Brett F.

i do not like it. not one bit.

Eiríkrbjörn

I like it... but now i want the typography to be perfect--which it's not.

oyster_press17

I like how "Stop & Think" is so dramatic, but I don't really like the Swiss part.

a_lovely_shade_of_brown

you stole this type treatment from The (White) Rapper Show or maybe even American Apparell... busted! you cant design in a bubble...thievery only gets you a zero.

knuklehedz

I think it's perfectly ok to reconstitute a graphic to suit some other point...Threadless is THEE place to do this
I wouldn't wear this shirt but I like its rather cryptic message...which I still don't really get....is it Einstein?
the colors are for shit

terryb

.. einstein was german.
i do also lie the german better
orrrrr no nationality at all, just "dead guy"

stubbythumbs

you stole this type treatment from The (White) Rapper Show or maybe even American Apparell... busted! you cant design in a bubble...thievery only gets you a zero.

i would argue that using a bolder helvetica with black and pink on white does not constitute stealing. this is pretty common... and its also appropriate for an address to designers

hannaugh

The "thievery" just makes it funnier. Someone has already done it. I don't know if it's a dead Swiss guy though...

maxandglad

Love the idea. It's a comment about Swiss coolness. It's Helvetica that was designed by the Swiss. The only problem with praising Swiss cool via design is that you have to be Swiss and possibly dead to pull it off. Making it all the same font size and keeping the Stop & think part hot pink would be a start.

jelita78

creative..good..

breathe06

ive seen a looot of bad typography on threadless, and this is just perfect, its so simple and to the point u get $5, stolen or whatever... n i just like pink.... just wish there was more space between the "k" and the full stop.

Goddessalien

I like the idea, not the typography so much. Very funny, though.

giraffe6287

why swiss? still, a cool design, $4

Gravo

"you stole this type treatment from The (White) Rapper Show or maybe even American Apparell... busted! you cant design in a bubble...thievery only gets you a zero."

I'm in London at the moment, I've no idea what 'The (White) Rapper Show' is don't really know American Apparell either.

cormattack

Helvetica was designed by a German, Max Miedinger and Univers (designed the year before) by a Swiss, Adrian Frutiger.
Swiss got there first.
dunno if hes dead though
Jaque would be proud.

bananaphone

"you stole this type treatment from The (White) Rapper Show or maybe even American Apparell... busted! you cant design in a bubble...thievery only gets you a zero."

You're a fucking twit, this style of type treatment has been cliche for about 2 years now. It's not stolen, it's common.

bananaphone

I wouldn't take typography advice from someone that whinges about "The (White) Rapper Show"

I don't know what it is, but I'd put money on it being a load of moronic shit.

chelseakurtzman

Does it just make your day to think you busted someone on a copyright? The type doesn't look specific to anything at all! Get a life.

Jared Haiku Massacre

What font did you use for this? I recognize it primarily from Vice Magazine (who runs more than a few American Apparel ads), and the closest thing I've seen is premium fonts that come in ridiculously expensive packages.

$5 by the way. The shirt would hit people almost like the US truth campaigns, and the message is pretty bitchin'.

pearly-pants

i like the white.. the design is cool.... $5

rodgersuitcase

too clever for its own good i think.

Beautifuk

So weird
and so amazing

sudynim

You get points for the "Stop and Think".... part. Very eye catching and makes me want to read the rest...

which didn't quite win me over though

Xlator

The idea is great. The quality of the typography lets it down a lot. Also, I don't much care for the placement; it's a t-shirt, not a printed page. I'd love to see a resub of this.

Gravo

"Helvetica was designed by a German, Max Miedinger" thats true,
but Helvetica was created by Miedinger with Eduard Hoffmann at the Haas’sche Schriftgießerei (Haas type foundry) of Münchenstein, Switzerland. There was a lot of cross polination between Germans and Swiss designers, it could also be argued that Helvetica is an update on Akidenz Groetesk, which is a 50 year older Swiss font,

And the font is Helvetica Neue 75 which further skews the issue.

"Also, I don't much care for the placement; it's a t-shirt, not a printed page"

Yeah actually, you're right

sugarkitten

I like this shirt but I am not real into Swiss history (but my knowledge of font history just got a lot bigger - thanx!) so I would say some dead man (or person to be non-gender specific). That would be great, because they say there is only 7 stories in the world and there is little left in the world that has not been done. Our growing intellect has caused our world to shrink.

a_lovely_shade_of_brown

im glad i could kick up some dust... i love typography and i live in america which is filled with crappy recycled designs... i was dissappointed with the lack of spirit so i lased out... and im not sorry.. well maybe to the guy to made this shirt... for spreading my stupid american-ism on you... you are officially un-busted and i appologize... but this design still sucks... if its gonna be just type it best be PERFECT... and its not... i said good day!

soccerfreaky

I like the concept, don't mind the text, but I agree that it needs to be in a different place, maybe a little bigger bottom part (but just a bit) and the shirt needs to have more color options. With those changes, it would be perfect and I would definately buy it, but not as-is.

soccerfreaky

Oh, by "text" I meant that I don't mind the font.

Scianaphobia

Haha, I like this too. $5

karachu

maybe being gramatically correct would help.

sheepscIothing

id love it if it said something different. lol. i love the font *& size & placement. but its too much like a stupid tylenol ad.

sneili

yeah! we swiss rule!

$5

Kgvh11

3$

rachiieboo

hahahaaha thats funny.

Alexandra Marie

Substitute "Swiss" for "German" and you're on the right track. And I would have to then buy it for my boyfriend.

conversecowgirl

Yep, I love the sub "Swiss" for "German" totally German liniage over here. :D

1imitedwarranty

"german guy" would be funnier, I think, but take out the ethnicity period, and the message is clearer. it becomes more universal.

i would never get a reference to a "swiss" typeface, and "german would only appeal to a certain percentage of people.

but I do like the shirt. "STOP AND THINK" is always good advice.

fuzzi

I think this is a cool design, and perfect for threadless where just about every commenting user is twaddling their nether regions while relentlessly searching for the evidence to get that smug reassurance that they can say yes, something sort of remotely like this has been done before somewhere at some point in time! The internet detective strikes again!

SuperLaundry

Stop and think. A dead Swiss guy has probably designed a better tshirt.

Hi Im Lizzay

well maybe this could be like 'everyone loves a _ boy/girl' shirt kind of thing and you could have some that say SWISS and GERMAN and SWEDISH and ASIAN and INDIAN and HUNGARIAN and ESKIMO!!!!

LOOOOVEE!!!

mrdeadhead

well this maybe the most pointless shirt i've seen in a long while. but... i like it. damn you for knowing everyone's weakness to the Swiss.

FRICKINAWESOME
4 designs submitted - Score now!

All this commotion for a very blah blah blase phrase on a white shirt?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?