Close
One second...

Dollis Hill

This is beautifully morbid. I'm mesmerized. I love how the tree turns into the hand that's holding the rope. Almost like it's not suicide, but murder.

Watch this
Lee_uhh

It's a great composition; maybe a little too morbid for me though.

Dellex

AWWWSOME!!! Good job!!

HollyG

I know Dollis Hill is in London and Twain stayed there...Tell me the history. Were there suicides or lynchings there?

Tell~All~Your~Friends

Nice job. I like the whole tree hand thing too. This makes me feel sad.

hey2thecow

Very interesting design...I think I'd like it more off center though....Beautiful, but kindof sad...

siplon

Too emo for this guy, but nicely done.

L-aure-n

I'm wearing it right now in my head! :-)

hitman15

awesome design. id like to see it off centered tho, maybe in the bottom left of the shirt

halo8

strange fruit

heyitskarina

i thought of 'strange fruit' too. that song haunted me for a week. this shirt is too morbid for me. shiver

tofurky

not on white

alexiamoon

Morbid, but I have a feeling it'll sell out fast.

alexanderk

Thank you all for the comments thus far,

Holly G; I'm aware of Dollis Hill in London, although, as far as I know, no lynchings/suicides/murders did occur.

As far as the Design is concerned, it is my interpretation of a song produced by The Infiltrator, entitled "Something Happened On Dollis Hill", on Underground Resistance -- A very atmospheric/creepy piece of music.

Boppin

That is amazing, I think I might contact "alexanderk" and see if he can change that a bit to suit a tattoo.

Oh Maris

Wow. I most definitly give this a 5...it pretty much took my breath away. I don't think I would buy it right now though...it's so amazingly dark and hardcore.

lovelover

Wow, this is adorable. Is there a reason why the guy has no feet and one big leg?

bitq04

wow. that's pretty cool. great design.

amaliaslash

lovelover- maybe he hung himself from the unhappiness caused by walking around footless?

thepoepoe

i don't really like the center placement. maybe put it more to one side?

alexanderk

Once again, thank you everyone for the comments thus far.
lovelover; think not that he is void of feet, but, that his feet are not visible. The initial idea was to stimulate a sense of futility for the man - merely a 'shadow' of a man void of most features, similar to the dead tree itself. As for the one leg, I'm not going to make excuses, although, truly the detail within the .gif image does not really do justice to the shading; although, the two legs are still distinguishable due to the dark to light transition from the middle -- each to their own I guess, I can fix these points if required though.
Placement can be anywhere, I just simply slapped it on the shirt, I was concentrating more on the design itself at the time. Once consulting with a friend, I agreed that a lower left/right placement would be appropriate.
amaliaslash -- Good theory!
Cheers.

LeatherSofa

dark gray on black would look awesome for this design, instead of black on white. Just a suggestion. The first thing that came to mind when I saw this was, "yo-yo?" lol. :p

Jew_C

I love this. $5

embrace co.

bad ass shirt put the design somewhere else besides the middle

mlarigan

I think that shirt is a little too morbid for my taste, the design is nice. It's just not something I would buy or wear.

BlackPandemic

Bit too morbid for my taste as many have said but excellent drawing!

pompy

ooooooooooooooohhhohohoho
MORBIDITY TOUCHES THE VERY CORE OF MY EXISTENCE

checkerspot

oh em gee! the melodrama is overwhelming. ew

ekovach

It's really beautifully done. I find that inspiration fom music is the best kind. I may be a little too much of a wimp to wear this myself but $5 for your talent

Lala22

I like the design, but would off set it toward lower left

pinkpolkadot

uhhhh.... it's not my style

borisnewn

if art and sex had one meaning, this would be it. a fine talented work is displayed here people, in this image, we can see a depiction of a being drawn to death by their own nature. very emo. great work

No account?
Join Us