Close
One second...

La Santa Patata: Pray for (the) US

"La Santa Patata" is a tribute to all the potatoes that are cruelly tortured in hot oil day after day, all over the world.

Watch this
AWorldApart

Why is the (the) like that? Why not make it like this --> the?

ArtMem

a banner saying "pray for us" is sometimes found under the icons of saints. well, i noticed that when the phrase was written in capitals it could be read as "pray for the US" but i still wanted to have the "pray for us" reference to it. thus the (the).

Elo87

oh, santa patata!
italians only can understand this

( e sì, il mio inglese fa schifo)

hideandseek

not a fan of the shirt colors, but great concept.

FRAGOSO

spanish undestand it too! I don´t like the typography (too "computer"), but I really like the idea od a Saint Potato: surrealism!

diet

just a little work on "pray for (the) us" and it's gonna be prfct :D

roxiewhite16

Saint Pomme de Terre is the name of an island in "Captain Ron"

mrdeadhead

eh, it's all kinda flat looking. and the text could be cooler...

tigershark

I think the text could be done a bit more fancy-like as well.

xxemokitty7xx

i don't like "(the)"- i get it but the parenthesis cheapen the joke.

JefftheStud

i think it would look better on a brown shirt.

lhercher

REally great concept. I'd say add more detail and ornamentation, so that it looks more like the typical tribute to a saint.

MooseDinner

the background makes me expect to see the virgin mary, but there's a potato there. at first I didn't like this, but then I realized it was consistent with the "santa patata" idea. so, is the ripply stuff below the potato supposed to be oil? it should look more like hot bubbly oil.you could maybe put the potato inside one of those frying baskets.

DocBombay

I like the parenthesis, but use a different text.

DocBombay

Err, not text. Font, use a different font. Sorry.

ArtMem

there's an improved version coming atcha.
THANK Y'ALL for the feedback!

dimmuborgirly

with the pray for the u.s. part you could do a carrot pointing up and write the "the" above it?

andalusia

oh my god! i have several drawings that are almost identical! WEIRD.

chris oly

SANTA PATATA RULES!!!

chris oly

the virgin mary reference is excellent! an organic potato baptised in hot oil and turned into JUNK food! waitting for improved version!!

founkii

$4 on brown =)

No account?