SUPEREGO VS. the ID

• by travis76
  • posted Dec 01, 2006
  • 72 Comments

the ID: the animalistic, instinctual dark part of our mind rises up from the depths. we try to fight or contain it with the superego...but sometimes it's just too powerful.

whatever! what started out as a doodle seemed to develop some semblance of meaning...funny how these things work out.

- i'm finally doing something with this design... and good thing, because I could never get it down to 4 colors. it was hard enough to get it to five....it's shown here on pacific blue,- and the blue of the body and tentacle highlights are considered negative space- the shirt itself.

The design would also work on yellow or gold if the yellow was made the negative space, or on a light blue tee if the light cyan was substituted.

for another view of the original sketch, go to my blog SUPEREGO vs. the ID ( to show how it changed and that I didn't just trace a lego image, too)

thanks! hooray five colors!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
The Ending

amazing, great work! 5$

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

great illustration and usage of 5 colors.

5FIVE
5FIVE profile pic Alumni

WOw........... i like this.....cool.............

erple

I really like this! Great dynamic composition and the colours work a treat. I can't stop looking at it. $5

cbuchholz
cbuchholz profile pic Alumni

Really great work!!! 5$

FRAGOSO

The composition is perfect, and the colours too. The only thing is that the meaning is too c0omplicated, so maybe it looses strenght. GREAT WORK, anyway!!

the czar

That's fucking nuts! You rule man!
LEGOS!!!
5$

mattrobot

Amazing! I love the colors, and the fact that even tentacles are legos.

macgruder

great as always Travis!

Leslee

Holy hell, great job, as always. 5

franx
franx profile pic Alumni

crazy!5

mishv

damn, this is good. im in love with my leggo watch, i hope it never goes this crazy on me! 5

chelly

amazing

phones

ID's awesome! $5

squintygirl

Love it. I can't say anything more than that.

slaterock
slaterock profile pic Alumni

Travis, you are amazing. Quite possibly one of my favorite illustrators on Threadless. You go girl!

thomasucks

superfunnyamzing work!

nonolarson
nonolarson profile pic Alumni

Great. Hop un 5.

lovefrays

whoa why hasn't this been printed yet?! $5

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

soooooooooooooooooo glad you subbed this if this wins Im a buying it right quick this is awesome

OlliRudi
OlliRudi profile pic Alumni

wowowowoo!

damienberkheimer

clever, use of legos is funny. im definately learning about the id and superego in psychology. good job.

katolms

Well done!!

5$$$

hackslash

awesome. is that a lego man? i have to scroll up and see if it's a lego man. YES! that makes it a 5. great design, bold colours/lines . SUPER!

hackslash

ps. the lego tentacles are great

fc gravy

i was wondering if i would ever see this god damn awesome thing on a tee. i hope so! $5

lekz_one

Amazing! I ave no idea what it means, but it looks so cool! The only thing stopping me from buying this would be bottom placement.. Centre placement for life! $5!

ryceratops

Really really great design!

mikey_

Legos= forever awesome. 5$

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us