Close
One second...

The Plight of the Ape-Man

This design was inspired after I read an article chronicalling Stalin's attempts at creating Soviet Super Soldiers that were hybrid "Planet of the Apes-esque" warriors. He wanted an unabashed Red Army that was "impervious to pain and suffering, and indifferent about the quality of food they eat." Thankfully, all of the experiments failed, and we don't need to ward off "damn dirty apes."

The text is russian, it reads 'the plight of the ape-man', which translated back into english from russian reads 'heavy position of the pithecanthrope'.

In either scarlet with banana & black, or sagestone with scarlet & black. Please comment and critique.

Watch this
deathcabfortom

loll too many letters. nice design though

AlinaT

lvoe it! russia rocks! $5

TELP

i'd buy this in a second $542834708

BaconJesus

Woah, I was totally considering submitting a design just like this in place of my other ape design. $5

hanzabean

I LOVE THOSE LETTERS. $5! Nice.

LEMadison

THIS IS AMAZING

yuppie

Have you ever heard of a clothing brand called "A Bathing Ape"?
It is a Japanese brand made by a guy name Nigo that is inspired entirely by Planet of the Apes. Your design is awsome but its been done.

Take a Look: bape.com

delilahchan

well thought out design! i don't think your design's too similiar to the stuff from bape...hope it gets printed! :)

Al Veryard

thumbs up, ha 5$

Dilemma8

Oh yeah. $5

jLyward

5 points, i love it! (red all the way)

papajay

They have to print this, i would for sure buy this

deep space monkey
deep space monkey profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the support, as for the "bape" comment, I think the only thing we share in common is a visual influence from quite possibly the best science fiction movie ever made.

jihan777

I love the typography but it is a bit too many charecters.

lily_lied to me

i like that the text is somewhat abstract, but still relates. yay russia and monkeys!

SiLeNtPuNk

everyone loves Russia... communist chic. Innit?

lovecraft

If you think Russia failed to create the super soldier or "супер человек" you should look again......
the Germans also worked to create an "ubermensch"...part of their plan was to recreate the giants using DNA from the carcasses of long-dead titans. Did they succeed? who knows...

Bwahahahahaa!

lovecraft

btw, awesome shirt. leave it how it is.

deep space monkey
deep space monkey profile pic Alumni

I only told them they failed so people wouldn't sit up all night worrying about the inevitable rise of the apes. If John Q. Public only knew what the Communazi's were capable of he'd shit a brick.

nunzilla

love it!

hackslash

I LOVE IT!

izzynomad

wow! definitely $5

absinthetic
  1. the text seems to be overpowering the graphic a little bit, but it's still rockin, comrade.
FalconNW

i LOVE the story behind this shirt. great job on the artwork as well. $5 fo sho.

boy_renegado

oh,
but i'd only get it on red.

No account?
Join Us