Flying Lessons

• by halo8
  • posted Nov 09, 2006
  • 38 Comments
Watch this
alchimisterie

really sweet design, i love the concept

MooseDinner

I think you should experiment with color combinations, including changing the birds and/or the dude.

nicolelindsay

I think you should have incorperated the birdcage in there.. What a wicked photo!
And I don't know... I kinda like it as a solid coloured silhouette. $5!

i am a music fan

i really like this $5

and may i just ask, whats with all the purple backgrounds on designs recently?

halo8

haha, I don't know. I just liked it as another dark tee/light design option. :P

joannchilada

I just LOVE this and I think it's great just the way it is

JAYGATZ

pretty cool... but does anyone else see frankenstein when they look at this?

styx021

i like the design... but all you did was trace the photo

styx021

oh, and bottom corner placement would be cool

steff2

nice design, no bad its not yours!

steff2

too bad opps

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

I applaude you for stating the source of your design. But I have to say that your rendering is not nearly as strong. With it being a flat silhoette, the man looks like he's melting into the ground. Why not take your inspiration a step further and use color, more lines, and different types/styles of birds? Something like this would be really interesting if it were vultures attached to a little girl or swans attached to a giraffe. Try not to simply outline someone else's idea.

halo8

I know I just traced the photo, like I said I'm a fan. If ParkeHarrison sold shirts with his designs I would buy them all. :P

LongLiveQueequeg

yeah, if he were really being lifted by the birds, his arms wouldn't be straight out--they'd be more of a v-shape--and his feet would be dangling, not flat on the ground. i like the idea but the design needs some tweaking.

OCEmu

Hummm... I really like the idea, but not so much on the execution. It doesn't look like he is being carried. The birds and the man don't fit together.

halo8

^well, he is not being carried, he is standing on the ground. maybe I should've added a horizon. I think this needed more work. oh well. XD

hairygrape

yay.
I like it.
a lotttttt.
$5

OCEmu

Ah. I thought you were trying to make it look as if he was being carried through the air. Work on it some more, it's a good concept.

Seaj

something like this happened in a hey arnold episode where this bird man was carried away by his birds which pulled him up by strings on his jacket.

EclecticListener

i love it.
bottom corner placement maybe?

Fairydust3654

placement is off, but i like the silhouette.

kaloyster
kaloyster profile pic Alumni

halo8 from Highfiber?

halo8

^yes, and you are? you made a survival guide blog entry. so, kerplunk? :P

ElektrikStarfish

I like it, but it almost looks like he's being weighed down instead of pulled up?

sugarkitten

Yes add a horizon, but keep the sihloette, usually I hate them and they take away from the satement that the artist is making but it works well with this one. $5

toeeey

the person seems a bit weird, but i like the idea.

spacesombrero

Pigeon Man from Hey Arnold..

cucharita

amazing! and finally a shirt on purple, it's been too long $5

facinorosa

$ 5 .. I love it

No account?