Close
One second...

Books Are Good For You

• by scenerie
  • posted Oct 23, 2006
  • 80 Comments

You can take this however you like. For the record, I love books!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
parabolic

This is wonderful. I like the style and the concept a lot!

PhonographSounds

I love this concept. The colors are great as well.

Kudos! $5

chelly

i love it, but it makes me think the speaker is my shoulder.

scenerie
scenerie profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the comments!

chelly, I can see what you're saying...The speech bubble is ambiguous so you can take it as either the wearer of the shirt saying the words, or the little kid's unseen mom. Kind of a choose-your-own-adventure depending on your opinion of books. :) But if it bothers people, I can change the "pointy thing" on the speech bubble so it's angled more to the left.

JAYGATZ

i really like this. It might be funnier if it looked like the kid was intensely liking it, like a cheesy advertisement. Then you could just stick the text anywhere.

loveheartsnuggle

ooooooh, i just noticed that he was eating the book... thumbs up to this design.

pantsonsheep

I LOVE this!!!! I could go for a yummy book right about now...

radiostaticstar

i'm not crazy about the yellow, but this is very cool...

tweeks

i want!

Jennifuhrer

very very very very very
nice

$5

taylorcita

I love it-- the yellow, the little kid's face, the whole concept. You make it (please!) I buy it.

lemonalle

Keep the text, but it doesn't need to be in a speech bubble. Aside from that, I love it.

BeeBubble

i love books also. i like the background and it reminds me of this old dictionary my mom had in grade school; someone had written 'In case of hunger eat this book it's full of boloney' on the inside of the front cover. books are food for the brain. +5

corey8

love it - 5$ great style! cant wait to see more of your subs.

mad cat

Great, but Better with hand done text.

Alex M. Solefish

I really want this. i love the wallpaper, and i think the font should stay as out of a book, not hand-done. $$$$$.

t1ff4ny21

love the colors and wallpaper. (:

R G
R G profile pic Alumni

beautifun!!!

lhercher

AMAZING.

yeohgh
yeohgh profile pic Alumni

love the idea, colour and texture, pattern, wonderful! 5

scenerie

Thank you all for the feedback!

mad cat & Alex M. Solefish: I tried out hand-drawn text (several variations), but it just looked too sloppy/cartoony, so I experimented with using a typeface and really liked the way this looks like it was cut out from a book and lends the phrase an air of authority. I also think it enhances the slight "vintage children's book illustration" feel.

The wallpaper comes from a pattern swatch in Illustrator. I used it as a placeholder to make sure a patterned background wouldn't be too distracting, but it was perfect so I decided to keep it. I texturized the wallpaper a bit to give it a faded, more tactile feel.

BeeBubble: I love your dictionary anecdote. And yep, books feed the brain... so devour 'em! :)

StrayGhostie

love that pattern in the background!

SaraKlemach

I need this shirt!

scenerie

In case it's showing up as otherwise on anyone's monitor, this design is on a pale yellow background (banana/lemon t-shirt)...not screamin' YELLOW-yellow.

pickledbib

stop scoring.... go read a book. $5

Alburt

Hey, really like this one. The colours are excellant and the kid looks so grumpy.

firebolt816

books are good for you $5

cswitz01

Perfect! $5

Brigitt

love it.just wish it did not have the text..

c_schrei

i haven't wanted a shirt this badly ever since loch ness imposter!!! PRINT IT PLEASEEEEE!! I'M BEGGING YOU!!! 5$

robin marie

cute, i like it. 5$

marcoman

yes the ONE really good creative desin ive seen yet

wenlet

HAHAHA awesome $5

professorM

cheesey but good

lesquelette

Books! I'm currently reading three, including The Grapes of Wrath (very good).

Ellsswhere
Ellsswhere profile pic Alumni

fanfriggintastic

Meelie

Love it!

But in another colour....please!

alacyt

Yes, I think the text is good but not the bubble.

Nice work! Great for a kids tee as well.

Nodus

I love it. Text bubble is amazing. $5

huebucket
huebucket profile pic Alumni

awesome!!$5

Monkey II
Monkey II profile pic Alumni

I like your style.
You can do book illustrations for sure.

Petanca

Very , very nice, love the style, BUT would´t use brown for the background of the bubble, cals too much my attention in detriment of the kid.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us