Close
One second...

Emo Shaming

• by parabolic
  • posted Oct 15, 2006
  • 27 Comments

Know what makes emo kids happy? Dressing up their drunk, passed-out friends as preppy kids, and posting photos of it on their MySpace pages! Thus, the Emo Shaming. (If you don't know what 'drunk shaming' is, go ahead and look it up.)

This one's less about trying to win the contest, and more about having fun. I like plenty of the other Patent Pending Loves submissions, so this one's for you to get a laugh out of--- I drew it in a couple of hours so it's less "finished" than I'd make most of my normal submissions. Hope you like it anyhow!

Watch this
Ava Adore

pretty cool!!

Monday_Askew

This funny. Definitely one of my more favorite submissions for the "Cheer up emo kid."

Lowfat

yes... very good... the popped collar is genious also

cswitz01

I can't see the background because it's a bit dark -- but it almost looks like the girl is trepanating the kid on the couch. Nice illustration though.

cswitz01

I can't see the background because it's a bit dark -- but it almost looks like the girl is trepanating the kid on the couch. Nice illustration though.

cswitz01

dammit! double post. stupid browser...

INeedOrbitGum

make the eyes look more like he's sleeping

leahface

the popped collar is hilarious.

BrokenVow

if you wouldn't have explained it i would have never gotten it

cubby cakes

i wish somebody on the internet knew what 'emo' is.

ashtray1

hahaha

Skipper6745
Skipper6745 profile pic Alumni

Very funny concept.

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

great scene, characters and colors.

exin

I like it a lot, however I think it would make more sense of the other people in the room doing the shaming weren't emo also. shrug 4 anyway.

exin

IF* the other people, not 'of'.

gdanne

thanks for the idea on the 'mash' shirt....mind if I try it out? btw- love the popped collar.

lovelover

Emo kids don't get drunk, silly goose, they are straight edge!

I don't like the shadows, they look joined into the people.

forida

AH! MORE EMO! RUN AND HIDE AGAIN!

parabolic

^ I always wonder, when I see comments like this, whether these people know there's a themed competition going on.

dianemower

I love the illustration. :)

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Comparing what you've done for your emo shirt model & the actual shirt design...I have to say, I think your flatter illustration style is strength. The idea of the design is good, and you've got interesting things going on with the shadows. But some areas seem akward and too tight, like you had difficulties making it. Where your simple line drawing of the emo shirt model guy feel loose & easy. Does that make sense?

No account?
Join Us