• posted Oct 02, 2006
  • 69 Comments

this is great!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
L_digity

Very cool design. I would loose the background clouds, it feels a bit to busy with them-( $5 +change)

ryeofcali
ryeofcali profile pic Alumni

scary and exciting and unique

ysy101
ysy101 profile pic Alumni

really great design and colors!

maija

Thanks! This is my almost-first Threadless design. I put in a much sillier and quicker one into regular competition on Friday, but this one got approved first, I suppose because it's for a

maija

(oops, that got cut off.)

...I suppose because it's for a hearts Threadless competition.

Point taken about the clouds, L digity. I began this design on a darker T-shirt colour, so the clouds were there to provide a light background. But I like them. Still, you've made me notice that I accidentally nudged the clouds off of center. Arg. Imagine them 15 pixels to the right. This puts more of the white behind the animal faces so it's less distracting.

mighty moody mut

for MONTEZOOMER!!!!!! i give you 5 and a damn $ because i do not get it but i like the drawing muchunguh!!!!

ryehat

$5 This is rad! I disagree with the above comment about loosing the clouds, I think the clouds round out the overall composition very nicely and should stay. It gives the whole piece a very simetrical feel. Love it. I desperately hope it gets printed.

ewey6

like the design but the baby is kinda ugly

tomburns
tomburns profile pic Alumni

awesome first submission!! 4

helo

Really really good design. The colors, the execution, and the situation all are very well done. The contrasts help build up
the tension to the max: The kid's calm smile against the open face rage of the animals; The mongoose suspended in mid jump against the cobra covering so much ground with its body; the sunset orange against the green of the grass; the billowing clouds against the flattened grass; and the raised hair on the mongoose against the smooth scales of the cobra. -- * applause *

helo

-- 5 -- and $$$ BUY $$$

eighten

MONGOOSE! this is nice. I think there has got to be a better color scheme for this, but I'm not sure what. I'd like to see those horizontal cloud bits merge with the cloud too, as they look a little tacked-on. anyway, good work, I look forward to your next one! (trippier, I'm hoping!)

pokewhat

good work. Such ingrained contrast!

kooky love
kooky love profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

GREAT $5

SuperPope

That's just awesome. 5$

Don654321

Hey Cool, i like the whole love hate protection thing, good vs evil and the babe oblivious to its fate. US vs Saddam and babe = iraq ..........or militias (perception) trying to save iraq from the US. c

Malcolm Man

But, the Mongoose is good!

I'll still five it!

andyg
andyg profile pic Alumni

Excellent! Great job! $5

HellboyOne

Perfect. Sold!

ElectricBanana

excellent illustration, the details are amazing.

MarcieD

i love it, the design is awesome. you are a great artist.

phones

very amazing

atomgraphics

Maija! Stop making the rest of us look bad. I didn't know you were such an amazing illustrator, but I should have guessed. The colours are PERFECT. And the illustration is too.

I will buy one. Gave it a 5 and a $.

revcruz

Beautiful!

cherrypop

It's nice to see good art. $5

Ellsswhere
Ellsswhere profile pic Alumni

I really like designs that arent understandable at first... if at all, they tell much more of a story than these quick little puns or cute creature designs. Excellent linework and colors 5$

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Lovely illustration! The shadows & textures in the cobra are especially gorgeous.

morna

go girl!

nonolarson
nonolarson profile pic Alumni

Really well done! 5

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

it's a print!

lyevil

i love rikki tikki tavi. $5

bird75

A nice wink to Rikki Tikki Tavi ... !!! Been years since I've said...rikki tikki tavi...lol. Classically done

LongLiveQueequeg

would love it on a different background color. 5 nonetheless.

Scoobydooto

coma-inducingly gorgeous

maija

I'm amazed at all the kind words everybody. Thank you. Helo, your comment made me think "I drew all that? Really? Wow." Re: Rikki Tikki Tavi-- it was one of my favourite stories when I was little so it certainly provided inspiration.

DavidPetersen

Wonderful work from a wonderful illustrator!

babypink

nice 1...

thegiantkiller

Awesome. Visually and conceptually nuanced, well done. $5

gboy_68

amzing! 5$

Strike Redkite

So visually pleasing... The centered clouds do look better to the eye as well. Though... something about the mongoose bugs me... maybe the lack of shoulder blades? Or maybe that it looks like it's going to overshoot the baby/rattle snake...
Still, well done 5$

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us