Close
One second...

Vampirates

• by rumz
  • posted Sep 10, 2006
  • 34 Comments

Vampires + Pirates = Vampirates. And a combination that sinister and lethal needs some appropriately gothic iconography. Enjoy!

Watch this
veejzee

vampires + pirates = vampirates? it seems to, indeed. genius.

mew12880

Certainly double-take-worthy. And appropriately horrifying.

sohcahtoa

puns + pirates = 2 strikes...

DaStarBillie

It seems a little too large, but I like it.

clearpepsi

I love it-strong, not over designed, centered, great job, this is a good example of less is more, 5+

Barryrowe

Too much like an Avenged Sevenfold shirt

amelia knoxville

i agree with barryowe. thats what i though when i saw it.
and am i the only one that thinks this is terrible?
vampirate?! i mean, come on! no no no!

LCA_photos

I absolutely love this, $5, though I'd like it even more if the skull was a bit bigger than the stake/sword.

thekidd

holly crap I LOVE this!!!!!!

PRINT IT!!!!!
AHH I NEED IT!
I MUST have it!
PLEASE PLEASE PRINT IT!
$$$555

DefZer0

This is awesome!!!! I wanna see this printed!! My girlfriend want this badly!! $5

mattzor

YES!! I am so into this.

Dr. Elusis

holy shit, I must own this. Or I will die.

Jemae
Jemae profile pic Alumni

Nice!

valentinecrow

i need to buy this for my bf, so it better be made into a tshirt.

surreal_blue

the skull looks good (so many people screw that up) so kudos on that. However, that sword needs work, the black silhouette of the blade makes it look plastic/dull. It would be much better if you did the same effect that was done on the handle.

effy

it looks liek something you could get anywhere...

De_El

Does it strike anyone else as illogical for a shirt glorifying vampires to have a stake on it? I know it's hard to come up with something that a vampire might wield, but seriously, its weakness?

aeraki

ninjapires are better

in order,
ninjapires
wereninjas
vampirates
werepirates

lol me and my friend argue all the time about this lol, something to do during study hall

aeraki

btw i would still buy it, if not for me , for my friend 5$

rumz

@De El: The vampirate insignia is modeled after the calico jack--the first pirate flag, which looks like a skull above a crossed pair of cutlasses. I figure, pirates are bested with cutlasses and vampires with wooden stakes--vampirates therefore inherit both kryptonites, but they're also doubly threatening. What they inherit in power they do also in vulnerability. So, in an effort to come up with some sort of vampirate iconography, it's got to be equal parts pirate and vampire. I figure, cutlasses may be used against pirates, ditto with wooden stakes against vampires.

Thanks for all the kind words thus far.

EnnLet

looks exactly like avenged sevenfold

Jo8hua

I like it.

I wish the skull were a tad bigger, compared to the crossed pieces.

superdelux

yes skull a little larger and cross little smaller

like the idea ;]

im_not_jane

i agree with the avenged sevenfold thing,

Juxtapose_42

I have no idea who avenged sevenfold is. Don't really care. This concept is sweet and I wish I had thought of it. I think a little smaller would be better so the design can shine without bleeding off around the curves of my ribcage, but well done sir.

Aixx

Yes! Pure genius.

simonsays056

What is with all the avenged sevenfold comments? It looks nothing like that. It's got a skull with wings behind it, yeah, that was invented by a crappy rock band in the late 90's. My guess: you guys are all avenged sevenfold fans (ug).

No account?