Close
One second...

Burnout

Originally this was a sketch I did as a random doodle. It was suggested that I turn it into a vector piece and submit it to Threadless.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
lsmc88

reminds me of Glennz' design with the Mr. Potato Head chalk outline

mrhogg

Neato, mfhague. I think it might work better without the ghost of the match floating up. I think the image is strong enough without that extra bit.

~Cygnus~

I like the halo flame above the ghost's head, but the wings need some work I think...they look poorly drawn and don't fit into the picture.

mmmfreshmonkey

I'm a huge fan of your art in general, but this tickles me pink.

Wembley

Is it absolutely ridiculous that this makes me sad? I mean, you know that matches are inanimate objects, and I know that they are inanimate objects, but I think from here on out I'll be using a Bic lighter instead...

Very good and interesting, I like it.

Jacque

Overall good, but I think the sizing and position are a bit off.

Grfxguy

I don't think anyone has the right to criticize this man's art or positioning, both of which are spot on. Keep up the good work Hawk!

cubed

LSMC why say that it looks like one of glennz designs? that is just a useless comment.

I love your art work it looks awesome 54

cubed

$$$ i mean not 4!

insanedoodle58

Nice job Hawk. I feel the sketch looked nice as it was though. I like it without the ghost.

icco

I agree, the ghost is cool, but it might make more sense w/o the ghost.

asciiblue

I think I agree with ~Cygnus~ on the wings. I love the ghostie match but the wings do detract from its presence. For me, at least, but other than that I would say it's great.

herky

nice illustration and concept.

Dannar

If it doesn't have wings how is it going to get to heaven? After all, that's where matches are made, shouldn't that be where they go when they die?

^_^!

bluemonq

Ehh, one of the wings is fine, but the scrawny one (for perspective I suppose) looks kinda funky...

shk

great $5

elegantmisreader

As others have said, the flame halo is cool, but I'm just not feeling the ghost/angel. Otherwise, very strong piece, mfhaque.

anacita

The wings are what makes me sad ( like wembly). If it was just the flame over some ashes, I dont think it would present the same feeling. With the other matches knelling/praying the angel effect works.

cupcake hitman

I LOVE IT! i would buy it in a heart beat.

$5

Luke...

great design

reebee

wow i like it! the wings are cute, although the left wing is sorta deformed, and the flame for a halo is a neat idea.

Vajie

Dang I love your art. Awesome job.

gustavogf

LOL! That's awesome... 5$

l337apple

Very nice! I especially like the fire instead of a halo. Always a pleasure to see your art Hawk.

zaphikiel

I personally love the design as is. It's awesome Hawk.

I'd buy it in a moment.

mingosthename

Hawk I must have this shirt!!! 5$

thatjewishkid

no ghost...however, I'd still buy it.

AstroRobyn

I agree with the no ghost thing. It's still a strong piece though.

WithRedFists

IMO, I say lose the ghost of the burnout. I really like this..4.

mirdreams

Yeah, no ghost, it's just confusing with it.

dank57

$5 but maybe the chalk line could look more like chalk than tape

pyr4lis

I like the ghost with the little flame 'halo'.
It adds to the whole design.. it's not only that the poor sad little match was burnt out... but to be happy, it gets to go to match afterlife :)

spizzlebop

Haha
I like the ghost, not to sure about the wings. I'd wear this!

swizman88

ghost makes things a little bit more crowded, design could def. stand on its own without it.

monkeydumpster

It's perfect the way it is (ghost and all) Love the color too Definately a buy.... $5

Triams

I want it =)

t shert

really good

ashtray1

i would buy this and i think u should keep the ghost..$5

stewy

the chalk outline looks like a penis

yeohgh

hahha,,,play with fire!!!

Fern Frond

I love this and i REALLY love how you gave the matches an emotional character! The one on his "knees" really completes it. I'm only wondering if the flame should be used as a halo. Keep the angel, but maybe change or get rid of the flame. I hope to see this printed soon!

emmy12

imho, i think it'd be better without the angel rising up from the burnt match. maybe you could stick that on the back by the nape of the neck. that'd be cool and then you could keep that design element in with the shirt. =)

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?