Close
One second...

MONARCH

• by tomburns
  • posted Sep 04, 2006
  • 60 Comments

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILED VERSION OF DESIGN!

I wanted to create a cool looking pattern/shape for a shirt from a cool looking natural pattern/shape, that being the pattern and shapes from the monarch butterfly.

the submarines music and the theme, peace and hate are natural sounding things too so i figured i could submit this to this loves competition. enjoy the monarchy!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
PoPoJiJo

I love this and really hope it gets printed

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

bad-ass, with just a hint of wuss for that sweet and tangy flavor. excellent color and shape choices man!

5$

I hate you

spacesick
spacesick profile pic Alumni

no I don't. that was harsh.

squintygirl

Very beautiful, and not too butterflyish (meaning: not too feminine or juvenile).

poofie

this is awesome... $5!

Zerokitty

It looks really awesome... I hope it gets printed :D

winch

$5 ... totally fuckin awesome.

bulletsalvador

i hope you can add a monarch underneath the armpit!!! that would be a buy for sure...lol...honestly though

tomburns
tomburns profile pic Alumni

that is certainly possible. aesthetically speaking however, i am not sure how awesome it would look.

julysfirstkiss

this is great.
maybe on gold & brown too?
i dunno. it's really nice :).

ConcreteEvolution

I love it! Great placement and size and it looks great on the black.
great movement, so simple and elegant.

$5

T-I-M

Well done, Collors are great and the shapes flow together amazingly well. Little calm for my tastes: $4

MarcieD

i LOVE this shirt, the colors pop sooo well on the black...they have to print this ASAP. $5

JayTay

I loooooove butterflys. I hope I can wrap my body with them. Plesa print 5$

justsecondnature

Out of all Threadless T-shirts, this is the ONE that I absolutely must have!!!!!!!555$$$

twinkle_byte

This looks absolutely wonderful, and I usually hate orange. XD;; Definitely a buy!

atheena

I'm already planning the outfit I'd wear this with, so lets hope this gets printed ;) $5

AzrimEkin

I happen to be an enormous douche bag

ashtray1

me gusta...$5

ButterflyWings

Absolutely beautiful! I've been waiting for this. Just look at my screenname. LOL $5!!!!

sunsetsushi

i dont like it on black . but i love the design

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Nice abstraction, assface!

nanahachi

looks great! perfect on black

Frankie Sinclair

It's very pretty but I was so distracted by your 'ad' with henry viii and so on.

Jemae
Jemae profile pic Alumni

Cool Art! SUPERB! > 5$

acuity

Absolutely gorgeous. 5$

JAYGATZ

awesome on a shirt. How did we not think of this before? $5.

sevraider

I'd buy this for my girlfeiwnd. She likes mariposas

Shividude

My sister would love this. $5

abeadle
abeadle profile pic Alumni

Pretty! I love the motion in this design, $$

Mambolica

Damn, I love the stuff on the right - the advert - as much as the design itself... if not more.

surreal_blue

this is a great design man--effeminate, but would that stop ME from wearing one. I do not yet know....

uglywednesday

totally beautiful design. haven t seen such a nice one in a long time! $5

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

its pretty nice, and well done, but what does it have to do with peace and hate? Is it just in the meaning of the word Monarch?

tomburns
tomburns profile pic Alumni

thanks,
desperaclo, id like to see a BIG print too, but i didnt wanna press my luck with the voters! ;)

steven, i stay pretty loose with the loves themes, probably why i never get close to winning one of em! haha

peacock77

tomburns--awesome design. I dig your style. You gave great advice to vandilism33 in his blog about being artistically frustrated. Also, you gotta love a man who will wear light pink and baby blue shirts (Strange Birds). Rock on tomburns, I hope this gets printed.

cheerios91

GORGEOUS!
I really like this.
Usually butterflies are boring and overdone,
but this is oh-so-fresh.
Lovely..

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

show this man his ca$hmoney!

ElizaBee

very nice. I might like it better on blue or green instead of black, but I like it a lot.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us