Close
One second...

Lucky Cat.

First submission in a while...

Hope I did it right.

Watch this
mummy2Luna

Do the Japanese characters have significance? And are they on coins the cat is holding?
Looks much better on the blue.

flye

yeah... nice one

lovebunnies

instead of the american dollar symbol, why not yen? seems more fitting to me i supose

TokyoGoreFest

Well, honestly I don't know the symbol for yen.

BUT, even if I did...
I think the dollar sign "Americanizes" it a bit.

Dekanerab

ooh I agree the Yen symbol would be fantastic!

don't like it on the pink either, maybe more colour options?

indulgealunatic

Psht.. shiiiit.

You know I'd wear it.

Glad to see you've got a submission going. :D

[bourdelson from dA.]

Jasonincuritiba

I wish the picture was positioned higher on the shirt and then I would totally buy it!

Jasonincuritiba

Oh yeah I think it looks best in brown

julysfirstkiss

isn't there a lucky cat brand?
either way, this is cute :).

AzrimEkin

I happen to be an enormous douche bag

khy

awesome. 5$$$$$

podium_06

on blue please

Catsgame

I did a project on the maneki neko's in like seventh grade and then I started collecting them. I only have one left. :(

Noobits

anyone seen the 'kitty cat dance' clip ? reminds me of it. Like the T good work.

homsar42

I have one of those!! I'd buy it.

deliciousmalicious

I don't like it. The lucky cat is a much more complex icon than financial luck, why cheapen it? And they're Chinese in origin, not Japanese (though they are used in Japan as well).

TokyoGoreFest

I'm sorry, but you're taking it way too seriously.

And I never said if it was Chinese or Japanese, thanks.

euphorbic

The Yen symbol is a 'Y' with a '=' through it. I agree that it would look better with the 'Y' rather than the '$'. I like the design, even if it does foster a misconception about maneki kitty's meaning. Looks really sharp. The placement is really a crowning touch.

TokyoGoreFest

Thank you for telling me about the Yen symbol. I do know about the Maneki (Lucky Cat) story and origin... I just wanted to make a design off it, not send a misconception. Although it (openly) is a misconception because the act of raising its right paw invites money and good fortune.... not left (which invites customers or people)... but hey, that's just how it came out.

newspaperpip

Nice! I like it on the brown, and with the Yen symbol.

svenge

Doesn't need the Yen symbol. I like this a lot.

MeLa de Gypsie

it's Chinese... meh... cos I understand it... hahaha...

but it's widely popular in Korea... every shop has at least one...

mikimono

I would like it in black!

misslady717

i love the lucky cat. in general i mean. its everywhere in china. i kinda like the pink even though everyone seems to like the blue better.

purrfect

dustin. this is purrfect.

I created a threadless account to vote for it.

BUT YOU KNOW YOUR SHOULD HAVE PUT THE YEN SYMBOL WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING. kidding.

Vlad3060

That made me LOL IRL.

Love those cats!

$5

sugar turd

i agree...a yin symbol would be nicer...

Barthello

really cool! Nice on Pink!

broooke

so cute!

Odaroo

Good call.

Midoriii

I really love that you incorporated the Maneki kitty! i totally collect them so i love this shirt ^-^ but i agree i would like it either with the yen symbol or just the kitty itself would be really cute! and i like it in the blue$4

No account?