Close
One second...

Smoking Gun

Here\\'s a 4 color illustration of a smoking gun... literally. To the lower left is an ashtray w. bullets. Bullets kill, and Cigarettes kill... but don\\'t tell that to the gun, which is only trying to do it\\'s job and take advantage of it\\'s daily smoke break. Just a 9-5er like the rest of us... hi-res at http://www.mattrenaud.com/smoke.jpg

Watch this
Tarantulas

i love it, not sure if would wear it, but its really nice design, love the smoke and shading 5$

root beer

What's with all the "smoking kills" shirts? I mean, sure, smoking kills. I don't like smoking. So why would I wear a T-shirt that had cigarettes on it?

Who would wear this?

Renaudesign82

The term "smoking gun" is a reference to an object or fact that serves as conclusive evidence or proof of a crime or similar act. Its name comes from the idea of finding a smoking (i.e. very recently fired) gun on the person of a suspect wanted for shooting someone, which in that situation would be nearly unshakable proof of having committed the crime. There's another way to look at it...

Bellatrix78

Great design you can take this shirt meaning in many different ways $5 I would wear this!

nanahachi

fantastic design, esp the shading and smoke. but i wouldnt wear it.

DefZer0

Awesome design, with a good message! $5

root beer

Fair enough. In that case, your shirt is better than the other smoking shirts, but I still wouldn't wear it. I think most people would interpret as an anti-smoking message, rather than a visual pun. : )

It's a very nice illustration, though.

Renaudesign82

Thanks. Here's a side thought: why won't people interpret it as an anti-gun message? I guess all that television is numbing us to the violence aspect. There's no subliminals here, that's a gun, those are bullets in the ashtray, but throw a cigarette in the barrel, and the GUN is the victim. If it was a smoking puppy, I can understand, but this is a chromed out copkilla puff'n butts. In my screwed up logic, they cancel each other out...

Ponder that...

KeriAnn102278

I am a smoker, thought this shirt was funny. I would wear it !

Mr.Gorsky

wow, great illustration

lewismage

I recognized it right away as being a smoking gun. It's a fairly intellignt message. I'd buy it.

Ayush

i like the idea and the concept......the design looks good , would wear it.

deseptic

^ me 2!
nice design man 5$

_pixelchick_

nice smoke.. just take out the ashtray

Copper Cable

Most excellent design. Well drawn. Fantastics shirt with a very clever message.

mlawton

it's been a while since i gave something a 5

i love it.

Ayush

i am getting my self one of these $5

edgewick

Yes this rocks muchly. word up for cigarettes.

James8

very very nice keri i really like it, you did a great design

mhhfive

great design.. I'm just not sure how well the smoke will show up on a Tshirt...

NiceGuyMatty

I really like the design. A great shirt, in my opinion gets people thinking, and I think that this design does just that.

seenew

Haha, nice. Also, I must compliment you're exploration of the 4-color limit, this is a really nice illustration.

Renaudesign82

Name's Matt, but thanks for the compliments ;-)

threadlessisbetterthanmyspace

funny pun. 5, but no buy. violates every aspect of the dress code, exept no writing on your butt.

Tonic Cat

I really like this, and would totally wear it. $5

everlution

VERY nice. Impressive design. I love it!

padi

thanks a lot!

alisin

It's very, very good. I was thinking that there might be less flack about the 'message' if the gun was more personified/cartoonish.

Phatbabymole

Cheers for the inspiration dude!! ;) Great concept!

No account?
Join Us