Modern Pygmalion

This shirt is based off of the Greek myth of Pygmalion. Pygmalion was a sculptor who sculpted a woman so beautiful, he fell in love with his sculpture. Aphrodite took pity on the artist and turned his work of art into a real woman. They lived happily ever after, etc etc.

As an artist, this has always been one of my favorite Greek myths, so I decided to try it out as a shirt. I think all artists wish they could just create that perfect somebody with their pencil (or tablet stylus, or whatever). If blue isn\'t your thing, the hue could be changed very easily since it\'s all monochromatic, but I personally prefer this in blue.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
mag391

Damn i was gonna do a sub like this. Nice job.

swintpoof

I'd want the text on this just 'cause we did a musical that had Pygmalion in it, and it was the best scene ever.

oceanna

masterfully executed, cool style

whatevertrevor

ha! love it. maybe put the text on in a corner or something. i like the cat's expression. $5

pwaulie

i love the cat.

Otzi

nice idea! :) $5

coolchika

i like it but i dont like the blue. :[. but its def a buy.

myKey

I love the idea!

imbrilliant.

this is awesome,
i'm not fond of the blue tho.

mdanalakis

great cartoon, but i dont know if it looks like it should be a tshirt.

bird75

Love the cat w/ one eye open! Classic. nice job oin the theme !

veggieheadgeek

the cat kind of ruins it for me...great concept though.

Wilde Nut

I can picture me in this shirt
"Hey , Do you draw girls you want to kiss, just like the shirt you have on?"

"Yeah, but It's not just Kissing"

redclarissa

That is completely adorable - I love everything about it, the sweep of his hair, the cat, the blue colours. Please print!

LichksnessMonster

this is great. yay for lonely, nerdy artist-types!

GreekOstrich53

Excellent concept and execution. Definitely would be an attention getter.....$5

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Great design and concept.......but this SO needs some colors to really bring out the emotion of the subject, at least the painting beying a vibrant color that comes alive in the artist's drab little world. Or maybe a different color. I want to buy this....so do something! Great job tho. 4.

ranal

famous literary refrences always get a five and by from me

Aurora21

It's nice, but something about the squiggly textures on her dress/hair looks a bit odd to me. I realise it's probably meant to look 'painterly' but distracts a little. Good concept though.

Torn Jeans

nice, but can use with more vibrant color. gd job

realslimnatey

this is most definitely a beautiful design!

Xaverie

Yes! Pygmalion & Galatea is one of my favorite myths!

Xaverie

And I kinda disagree about the sketchy texture on the dress and hair. I really like it and I think the design needs it to show the transition from painting to life, other wise it would just look like a woman popping through a window or something.

jock05tees

I don't think it works for a tee! Nice illustration tho'

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

nice illustration and colors. I like the painterly effect of the girl.

MeLa de Gypsie

hmmm... it's not really my type of design.. I see it more as a cartoon than something that would go on a tee...

NerdyArtist

Love it. Absolutely love it!

$5!

amy122166

this is awesome!!! fantastic job :]

Joyproject

I really love this design, when it gets to print, I will definatly be buying one.

i carnt spel

cool idea...

although i doubt a painter would want to kiss the illustrator girl:P

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Great idea & nice style of illustration...BUT, the style feels more spot ad in Cosmo instead of unisex t-shirt.

pepa78

Im an artist and wow!!! is great!!!

jar_bombadillo

Wow! It's super-original... which means you deserve a 5!

pixel_dust

Theatre, Mythology, and art? Man I want this.

showbread.fo.real

Aw, i love it!!
i really want it.

i hope you win :)
$5

orangelagoon

beautiful concept, but I think you have too many details in your art. It would be much more stricking if it were more simply drawn and perhaps a little less cartoonie.

Jooliesays

Love the cat's face.

.onion
.onion profile pic Alumni

wow, that's cool. i really like how the bottom of the woman in the painting looks like it was painted, but as she comes out of the painting, she becomes more cartoon-like. i think it's just a bit too big on the shirt, but this is really cool :D i like the style, too.

whootie

aww!

it's awesome. $5

tintin220

This is quite nice, I must say, though I don't think my girl would appreciate me wearing this.

gtrachel

Every time I see another design with a beautiful woman's face, I think about the stupid myth of Pygmalion. I wish people would get over it. Not only can you not date women you draw yourself, you also can't date women on tee-shirts.

mahatma_blondie

I like the idea, but I am thinking that a modern pygmalion would better be represented by a gamer and an anime chick he created

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us